Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SEA configuration
Operating Systems AIX SEA configuration Post 302782213 by MichaelFelt on Monday 18th of March 2013 11:47:52 AM
Old 03-18-2013
I was waiting for other comments - it has been a while since I have been taught a class using HEA - the HMC code might be improved - but a few years back one of the common things that went wrong was that after a HEA port was configured into promiscuous mode people still tried to use it in multiple partitions and got mixed results.

So, in the HMC you need to open the HEA tab and verify the port is only assigned to a single partition (in this case the VIOS).

I do not have an HMC or a POWER6 system, so I cannot provide commands to check/set HEA at system level and lhea at profile level.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

sea application in SUSE

We are using sea application in SUSE linux 10, we are getting the below problem while launching the SEA Sea is stopped with the message ' sh: /home/pub/bin/awk: cannot execute binary file' in the log window. Anybody can help me in this issue Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

2. AIX

VIOS SEA Creation

Hi Guys, I'm getting the below error while trying to create a SEA adapter in VIOS $ mkvdev -sea ent0 -vadapter ent2 -default ent2 -defaultid 1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
4 Replies

3. AIX

SEA

Hi all, I set up the following configuration on my system: - An LPar with a virtual adapter, first one with a vlan id=703 and id port=13. - The first adapter have to connect to a VIOS in which i configured an SEA. So, the VA is set up on interface ent2, SEA on ent29 (by linking a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
0 Replies

4. AIX

VIO SEA Adapters

hi guys BTW pretty new to VIO I inherited 2 I BM Power Server - blades PS701 - One is already configured using en8 # lsdev -Cc adapter | grep ent ent0 Available Logical Host Ethernet Port (lp-hea) ent1 Available Logical Host Ethernet Port (lp-hea) ent2 Available 04-20... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
8 Replies

5. AIX

SEA to standby

hello, what will happen if i try to move sea of my 1 vio server to standby( using chdev command), when sea of other vio server is already in standby mode? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amvineeth
1 Replies

6. AIX

PowerVM SEA etherchannel performance ?

Hello, POWER7 machine. 4 x 1Gbit port ethernet adapter is dedicated to vios. 8023ad etherchannel is created using those 4 ports. Etherchannel adapter is shared to lpars using SEA. If I test network performance directly from vios partition (using iperf) I'm geting nice 4Gbit throughput. But if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
3 Replies
PDISK(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  PDISK(8)

NAME
pdisk -- Apple partition table editor SYNOPSIS
pdisk [-h | --help] [-v | --version] [-l | --list] [[name ...]] pdisk [r | -readonly] device ... DESCRIPTION
pdisk is a menu driven program which partitions disks using the standard Apple disk partitioning scheme described in "Inside Macintosh: Devices". It does not support the intel/dos partitioning scheme supported by fdisk. device is of the following form: /dev/disk0s /dev/disk0s1 etc. OPTIONS
-v | --version Prints version number of the pdisk program. -h | --help Prints a rather lame set of help messages for the pdisk program. -l | --list If no names are present then lists the partition tables for /dev/disk0s, /dev/disk0s1, /dev/disk0s2, and so on. Otherwise, lists the partition tables for the specified names. -r | --readonly Prevents pdisk from writing to the device. Editing Partition Tables An argument which is simply the name of a device indicates that pdisk should edit the partition table of that device. The current top level editing commands are: h command help p print the partition table P (print ordered by base address) i initialize partition map s change size of partition map c create new partition C (create with type also specified) d delete a partition r reorder partition entry in map w write the partition table q quit without saving changes Commands which take arguments prompt for each argument in turn. You can also type any number of the arguments separated by spaces and those prompts will be skipped. The only exception to typeahead are the confirmation prompts on the i and w commands. The idea being that if we expect you to confirm the decision we shouldn't undermine that by allowing you to be precipitate about it. Partitions are always specified by their number, which the index of the partition entry in the partition map. Most of the commands will change the index numbers of all partitions after the affected partition. You are advised to print the table as frequently as necessary. Creating more than fifteen partitions is not advised. There is currently a bug in the some (all?) of the kernels which causes access to the whole disk fail if more than fifteen partitions are in the map. The c (create new partition) command is the only one with complicated arguments. The first argument is the base address (in blocks) of the partition. Besides a raw number, you can also specify a partition number followed by the letter 'p' to indicate that the first block of the new partition should be the same as the first block of that existing free space partition. The second argument is the length of the parti- tion in blocks. This can be a raw number or can be a partition number followed by the letter 'p' to use the size of that partition or can be a number followed by 'k', 'm', or 'g' to indicate the size in kilobytes, megabytes, or gigabytes respectively. (These are powers of 1024, of course, not powers of 1000.) The last argument is the name of the partition. This can be a single word without quotes, or a string sur- rounded by single or double quotes. The C command is identical to the c command, with the addition of a partition type argument after the other arguments. The r (reorder) command allows the index number of partitions to be changed. The index numbers are constrained to be a contiguous sequence. The i (initialize) command prompts for the size of the device. This was done to get around a bug in the kernel where it reports the wrong size for the device. The w (write) command does write the partition map out. BUGS
pdisk should be able to create HFS partitions that work. Even more help should be available during user input. Darwin March 24, 2001 Darwin