Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Make install in custom path
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Make install in custom path Post 302781563 by anil510 on Sunday 17th of March 2013 03:30:41 AM
Old 03-17-2013
Thank you Bakunin.

I have doubt in the flags I set while I compile. For Eg. I compiled an extra library required for ffmpeg (libdc1394) at /usr/local/myapps/lib/libdc1394.so. I then set these ENV variables and compile ffmpeg using the below option.

Code:
LIBS=-L/usr/local/myapps/lib/
export LIBS

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/myapps/lib/pkgconfig/
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH

LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/myapps/lib/
export LDFLAGS

CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/myapps/include/
export CPPFLAGS

PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin::/root/bin:/usr/local/myapps/bin
export PATH

FFmpeg compilation.
Code:
./configure  --enable-libdc1394
make
make install

Contents of /usr/local/myapps/lib/pkgconfig/libdc1394-2.pc
Code:
# cat /usr/local/myapps/lib/pkgconfig/libdc1394-2.pc
prefix=/usr/local/myapps
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: libdc1394
Description: 1394-based DC Control Library
Version: 2.1.3
Libs: -L${libdir} -ldc1394
Cflags: -I${includedir}

Ffmpeg binary compiled fine. But when I checked "/usr/local/myapps/bin/ffmpeg -v" with strace, I could find, it not taking the /usr/local/myapps/lib/libdc1394.so. It takes "/usr/lib/libdc1394.so.22". Please see the corresponding line in strace output.

Code:
open("/usr/lib/libdc1394.so.22", O_RDONLY) = 3

I need the /usr/local/myapps/lib/libdc1394.so.22 being used during ffpmeg install. There is NO option like "--enable-libdc1394=/path/to/libdc1394"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make and make install commands

Hi there, I am installing a package at the moment on to my Solaris version 8 and I have run into a problem with the 'make' command. I have installed the package using the 'pkgadd' command and I am now at the stage where I have to use the 'make' command followed by the 'make install'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerwhelan
4 Replies

2. Programming

HOW to make absolute path???? HELP

In the funtion C function link(char *existing, char *new); existing has to be an absolute path. But what happens if i want to make a ling to a file in the users home directory (assume file.txt exists) i cant put in a "~/file.txt" or "./file.txt" How can i turn the above into the entire path... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: youngvet
1 Replies

3. Linux

Error in issuing a make and make install

Hi, Recently I install a package and try to do a make and make install. However, in the make it gives me below error:- make:Nothing to be done for 'install-exec-am' make:Nothing to be done for 'install-data-am' Can anyone please explain to me what does this mean? I have been trying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX custom package install query

I have created a .bff package for an app to tbe installed on AIX servers across regions. I am pretty new to the AIX mode of packaging using mkinstallp but I have been able to get the same done. I installed the same on the server in which i created the package and the application was deployed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobbyjoseph
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Gani Network Driver Won't Install - make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make targ...

I attached a README file that I will refer to. I successfully completed everything in the README file until step 4. # pwd /gani/gani-2.4.4 # ls COPYING Makefile.macros gem.c Makefile Makefile.sparc_gcc gem.h Makefile.amd64_gcc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between configure/make/make install.

Hi, While installation of apache on linux, we perform the below tasks. 1) Untar 2) configure 3) make 4) make install. I wanted to understand the difference and working of configure/make/make install. Can any one help me understanding this? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Custom directory path variable

I'm trying to write my first shell script and got a bit stuck with this: I've got myscript.sh that executes from /fromhere. If the script is run with the syntax ./myscript.sh tothere: I need to make a variable inside the script containing /fromhere/tothere ...and if the script is run with... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chronomaly
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

zlib.h in custom path

I am trying to configure gpac. I get the error as follows. # ./configure error: zlib not found on system or in local libs I have installed zlib on custom path /usr/local/myapps. I know the above error occurs when devel package or .h file is not present. Its present on the server. # ll... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anilcliff
7 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

how to install custom .bat files in perl

I'm using damke to install perl modules on windows. I have my custom .bat files for the perl script. How to overwrite the .bat files that gets generated by pl2bat with my custom .bat files! Thanks, Hansini (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hansini
1 Replies

10. Fedora

Make check install and make all install

hi dear i want to know what is different between make check install and make all install? thanks in advane fereshte (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: komijani
3 Replies
SAFE-RM(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						SAFE-RM(1)

NAME
safe-rm - wrapper around the rm command to prevent accidental deletions USAGE
safe-rm [ ... ] (same arguments as rm) DESCRIPTION
safe-rm prevents the accidental deletion of important files by replacing rm with a wrapper which checks the given arguments against a configurable blacklist of files and directories which should never be removed. Users who attempt to delete one of these protected files or directories will not be able to do so and will be shown a warning message instead. safe-rm is meant to replace the rm command so you can achieve this by putting a symbolic link with the name "rm" in a directory which sits at the front of your path. For example, given this path: PATH=/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin You could create the following symbolic link: ln -s /usr/local/bin/safe-rm /usr/local/bin/rm CONFIGURATION
Protected paths can be set both at the site and user levels. Both of these configuration files can contain a list of important files or directories (one per line): /etc/safe-rm.conf ~/.safe-rm If both of these are empty, a default list of important paths will be used. /usr/lib/* will protect all of the files inside the /usr/lib directory if they are referred to directly, but it will not protect your system against: rm -rf /usr/lib For a full protection, you should include both of these lines: /usr/lib /usr/lib/* EXIT STATUS
Same exit status as the real rm command. Note that if all file arguments are skipped by safe-rm then the exit status will be the same as the exit status of the real rm when no files arguments are present. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
Note that if you put the following in your protected paths list: $ cat /etc/safe-rm.conf /usr/lib Then safe-rm will prevent you from deleting the directory: $ rm -rf /usr/lib Skipping /usr/lib /bin/rm: missing operand Try `/bin/rm --help' for more information. However it cannot protect you from the following: $ cd /usr/lib $ rm -f * AUTHOR
Francois Marier <francois@safe-rm.org.nz> SEE ALSO
rm(1) LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2009 Francois Marier This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-28 SAFE-RM(1)