Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX How to extract data for a specific process from ovpa? Post 302781443 by Yoda on Saturday 16th of March 2013 02:19:00 PM
Old 03-16-2013
I am not familiar with OVPA, but I had a look at OVPA User's Guide and it seems that this can be achieved by changing the application parameter value in parm File: /var/opt/perf/parm

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract specific data from xml format file.

Hi, I need to extract the start time value (bold, red font) under the '<LogEvent ID="Timer Start">' tag (black bold) from a file with the following pattern. There are other LogEventIDs listed in the file as well, making it harder for me to extract out the specific start time that I need. . .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 60doses
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from log file from or after the specific date

Hi , I am having a script which will start a process and appends the process related logs to a log file. The log file writes logs with every line starting with date in the format of: date +"%Y %b %d %H:%M:%S". So, in the script, before I start the process, I am storing the date as DATE=`date +"%Y... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiru_h
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data into file with specific field specs

:confused: I have a tab delimited file that I need to extract data from and into a file with specific field specs. Each field has to be a certain amount of characters. So, the name field (from delimited file) might have only 15 characters but needs to be 25 (in new file) so I need to insert spaces... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: criddel
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all the content after a specific data

My input: >seq_1 DSASSTRRARRRRTPRTPSLRSRRSDVTCS >seq_3 RMRLRRWRKSCSERS*RRSN >seq_8 RTTGLSERPRLPTTASRSISSRWTR >seq_10 NELPLEKGSLDSISIE >seq_9 PNQGDAREPQAHLPRRQGPRDRPLQAYA+ QVQHRRHDHSRTQH*LCRRRQREDCDRLHR >seq_4 DRGKGQAGCRRPQEGEALVRRCS>seq_6 FA*GLAAQDGEA*SGRG My output: Extract all... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
22 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific data content from a long list of data

My input: Data name: ABC001 Data length: 1000 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 10 100 90 1 forward 15 200 185 2 reverse 50 500 450 Data name: XFG110 Data length: 100 Detail info Data Direction Start_time End_time Length 1 forward 50 100 50 ... (11 Replies)
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific read from a data

Input file: #abc_1 SAASFASFGGDSGDSGDSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGDS Output file: FASFGGDSGDS I just want to print out the read from position 5 until position 15 from the data. Below is the code that I just try but it is failed to get my desired output: grep -v '#' input_file | awk... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific data and change its arrangment

Input: HS04636 PROGRAM source 836 7001 + ID=g1 HS04636 PROGRAM beginner 836 7001 + ID=g1.t1;Parent=g1 HS04636 PROGRAM position 836 836 + Parent=g1.t1 HS04636 PROGRAM type 836 1017 + Parent=g1.t1 HS04636 ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on specific search criteria

I have a huge file (about 2 millions records) contains data separated by “,” (comma). As part of the requirement, I can't change the format. The objective is to remove some of the records with the following condition. If the 23rd field on each line start with 302 , I need to remove that from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaygamini
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract specific data?

Bash scripting beginner here... I have many folders, each folder representing one subject. Not all subjects have all the required files, so I need to somehow cycle through all the data and then extract the data only from subjects who have no files missing. I tried to output the ls command, but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeftoverStew
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How-To Extract specific data from a file.

data.txt has several information like the below.. <SERVER>:WEB:MYDOM01:/tmp/cong/MYDOM01,/tmp/app/MYDOM01 <WEBER>:CANES:https-web01,https-web02:/web/apps/https-web01/config <SERVER>:WEB:MYDOM07:/tmp/cong/MYDOM07,/tmp/app/MYDOM07... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
putctl(9F)						   Kernel Functions for Drivers 						putctl(9F)

NAME
putctl - send a control message to a queue SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stream.h> int putctl(queue_t *q, int type); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). PARAMETERS
q Queue to which the message is to be sent. type Message type (must be control, not data type). DESCRIPTION
putctl() tests the type argument to make sure a data type has not been specified, and then attempts to allocate a message block. putctl() fails if type is M_DATA, M_PROTO, or M_PCPROTO, or if a message block cannot be allocated. If successful, putctl() calls the put(9E) routine of the queue pointed to by q with the newly allocated and initialized messages. RETURN VALUES
On success, 1 is returned. If type is a data type, or if a message block cannot be allocated, 0 is returned. CONTEXT
putctl() can be called from user or interrupt context. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using putctl() The send_ctl() routine is used to pass control messages downstream. M_BREAK messages are handled with putctl() (line 11). putctl1(9F) (line 16) is used for M_DELAY messages, so that parm can be used to specify the length of the delay. In either case, if a message block cannot be allocated a variable recording the number of allocation failures is incremented (lines 12, 17). If an invalid message type is detected, cmn_err(9F) panics the system (line 21). 1 void 2 send_ctl(wrq, type, parm) 3 queue_t *wrq; 4 uchar_t type; 5 uchar_t parm; 6 { 7 extern int num_alloc_fail; 8 9 switch (type) { 10 case M_BREAK: 11 if (!putctl(wrq->q_next, M_BREAK)) 12 num_alloc_fail++; 13 break; 14 15 case M_DELAY: 16 if (!putctl1(wrq->q_next, M_DELAY, parm)) 17 num_alloc_fail++; 18 break; 19 20 default: 21 cmn_err(CE_PANIC, "send_ctl: bad message type passed"); 22 break; 23 } 24 } SEE ALSO
put(9E), cmn_err(9F), datamsg(9F), putctl1(9F), putnextctl(9F) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide SunOS 5.10 11 Apr 1991 putctl(9F)