Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issues in reading file using 'awk' Post 302781341 by emily on Saturday 16th of March 2013 07:54:05 AM
Old 03-16-2013
Hi,
Thanks for the reply,
Yes, it is the actual name of the log that I posted at [1].
ummm, I guess it the the symbol for the starting of the next line. Cos the content was not enough to come on the single line.

Besides, using the command on the terminal give the proper 'jobNo' on the same qcd12_status.log file.

emily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrutinizer
Hi,
  • Is qcd120_status.log the actual name of the log that your posted under [1]?
  • Does the log file contain \ at the end of some of the lines or did you put those there yourself?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading large file, awk and cut

Hello all, I have 2 files, the first (indexFile1) contains start offset and length for each record inside the second file. The second file can be very large, each actual record start offset and length is defined by the entry in indexFile1. Since there are no records separators wc-l returns 0 for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gio001
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to when reading a file to search and output to file

Hi, I am not sure if this will work or not. I am getting a syntax error. I am reading fileA, using an acct number field trying to see if it exists in fileB and output to new file. Can anyone tell me if what I am doing will work or should I attempt it another way? Thanks. exec < "${fileA}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ski
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file several times with awk

Hi everyone, I was wondering if it's possible to read a file ("file2" in my example) more than once. In this example I want to print file2 entirely for each lines of file1: awk -F$'\t' '{ print $0 while ((getline < "file2") > 0) { print "\t"$0 } }' file1 It... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthony.cros
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with Reading Line by line from a file

I am trying to read a host name one at a time from a file which has a list of hostnames and do rsh and print . its not looping through the entire file. its breaking out after the first entry. If i comment out the rsh then it loops through file #!/bin/ksh filename="/tmp/hostnames"; while read -r... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SMunje
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk- reading input file twice

Hello, I've been trying to come up with a solution for the following problem; I have an input file with two columns and I want to print as an output the first column without any changes but for the second column, I want to divide it by its last value. Example input: 1 9 2 10 3 11 4 12 5... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: acsg
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file reading doubt

Hi, Using this trivial code, I am trying to insert/paste the single column data of a file into the second column (field 2) of a multi-column text file. awk 'FNR==NR {a=$0; next} {$1=$1 OFS a}1' single-column-file multi-column-file Lets consider the single-column-file as 'f2' and multi-column... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading file awk or while

While read line query !!! Folks, I am working on a file which has entries as follows. I am using while read line to generate desired output as follows. filename1: Name : sdt2156157_ID NOS : 4567 NOS : 2348 Name : sdt2156158_ID NOS : 4987 NOS :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dynamax
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk issue while reading from file in while do

Hi Friends, I am trying to scan line by line using awk and pull the values and pass it in variables and then will use the variables but doesn't work. Please see below for details. #more dbtest.sh ---------------------------------- #!/bin/bash . $HOME/.bash_profile while read line do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: narunice
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from file using awk

I have a file as below. It contains two data sets separated by >. I want to pipe each data set to another program called psxy. How can I get the different records Have started doing as follows but it only passes the first data set awk 'BEGIN {RS=">"};{print $0}' p.dat cat p.dat... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: File Checking Issues with 9 multiple file

Hi, I have 9 files which are generated dynamically & if there is a some condition which doesn't meet the criteria then file is not created or is of zero size. so further i am unable to consolidate the files based on following code 1 awk -F, -v ptime="201407" 'FNR==1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
3 Replies
doconfig(3NSL)                                         Networking Services Library Functions                                        doconfig(3NSL)

NAME
doconfig - execute a configuration script SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lnsl [ library ... ] # include <sac.h> int doconfig(int fildes, char *script, long rflag); DESCRIPTION
doconfig() is a Service Access Facility library function that interprets the configuration scripts contained in the files </etc/saf/pmtag/_config>, </etc/saf/_sysconfig>, and </etc/saf/pmtag/svctag>, where pmtag specifies the tag associated with the port moni- tor, and svctag specifies the service tag associated with a given service. See pmadm(1M) and sacadm(1M). script is the name of the configuration script; fildes is a file descriptor that designates the stream to which stream manipulation opera- tions are to be applied; rflag is a bitmask that indicates the mode in which script is to be interpreted. If rflag is zero, all commands in the configuration script are eligible to be interpreted. If rflag has the NOASSIGN bit set, the assign command is considered illegal and will generate an error return. If rflag has the NORUN bit set, the run and runwait commands are considered illegal and will generate error returns. The configuration language in which script is written consists of a sequence of commands, each of which is interpreted separately. The fol- lowing reserved keywords are defined: assign, push, pop, runwait, and run. The comment character is #; when a # occurs on a line, every- thing from that point to the end of the line is ignored. Blank lines are not significant. No line in a command script may exceed 1024 char- acters. assign variable=value Used to define environment variables. variable is the name of the environment variable and value is the value to be assigned to it. The value assigned must be a string constant; no form of parameter substitution is available. value may be quoted. The quoting rules are those used by the shell for defining environment variables. assign will fail if space cannot be allocated for the new variable or if any part of the specification is invalid. push module1[, module2, module3, . . .] Used to push STREAMS modules onto the stream designated by fildes. module1 is the name of the first module to be pushed, module2 is the name of the second module to be pushed, etc. The command will fail if any of the named modules cannot be pushed. If a module cannot be pushed, the subsequent modules on the same command line will be ignored and modules that have already been pushed will be popped. pop [module] Used to pop STREAMS modules off the designated stream. If pop is invoked with no arguments, the top module on the stream is popped. If an argument is given, modules will be popped one at a time until the named module is at the top of the stream. If the named module is not on the designated stream, the stream is left as it was and the command fails. If module is the special keyword ALL, then all mod- ules on the stream will be popped. Note that only modules above the topmost driver are affected. runwait command The runwait command runs a command and waits for it to complete. command is the pathname of the command to be run. The command is run with /usr/bin/sh -c prepended to it; shell scripts may thus be executed from configuration scripts. The runwait command will fail if command cannot be found or cannot be executed, or if command exits with a non-zero status. run command The run command is identical to runwait except that it does not wait for command to complete. command is the pathname of the command to be run. run will not fail unless it is unable to create a child process to execute the command. Although they are syntactically indistinguishable, some of the commands available to run and runwait are interpreter built-in commands. Interpreter built-ins are used when it is necessary to alter the state of a process within the context of that process. The doconfig() interpreter built-in commands are similar to the shell special commands and, like these, they do not spawn another process for execution. See sh(1). The built-in commands are: cd ulimit umask RETURN VALUES
doconfig() returns 0 if the script was interpreted successfully. If a command in the script fails, the interpretation of the script ceases at that point and a positive number is returned; this number indicates which line in the script failed. If a system error occurs, a value of -1 is returned. When a script fails, the process whose environment was being established should not be started. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sh(1), pmadm(1M), sacadm(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
This interface is unsafe in multithreaded applications. Unsafe interfaces should be called only from the main thread. SunOS 5.10 30 Dec 1996 doconfig(3NSL)