Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Displaying current date time of EDT in IST time Post 302781321 by Showdown on Saturday 16th of March 2013 04:42:05 AM
Old 03-16-2013
Oracle

I would have tried the crontab . But its not a fixed date on which the day light saving lag happens...Smilie.

Many Thanks for ur Quick response.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

param as current date+time

Hi All, I need to pass param on aix "errpt -a -s MMDDHHMMYY -e MMDDHHMMYY". How do I read the date+time on the system and pass it as parameter? I need also the -s as previous day and the -e as current day. Thanks, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get date and time for past 1 hour from current date

Hi, I need to get the date and time for past 1 hour from the current date. Anyone know how to do so? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spch2o
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with displaying date and adding time

Hi, I have a log file with contents like 81.49.74.131 - - 81.49.74.131 - - 116.112.52.31 - - 116.112.52.31 - - I need an output like this 81.49.74.131 14/Sep/2008 Time duration: 00:06:00 116.112.52.31 15/Sep/2008 Time duration: 00:00:01 Please anyone suggest a script for this.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FuncMx
1 Replies

4. Solaris

changing time zone from ist to bst

Hi, Can anybody tell me how to change time zone from ist to bst, What changes should be done in /etc/TIMEZONE file. wheather it is possible to change timezone without rebooting the server. Regards Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefix the current date and time to the output of ps

Hi, I need to write a script, that will take the current date, time, and the output from # ps -eo pid,tid,class,rtprio,ni,pri,psr,pcpu,stat,wchan:14,comm and spit it to a file, so it'll look like this... PID TID CLS RTPRIO NI PRI PSR %CPU STAT WCHAN COMMAND 1 1 TS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bloke
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How far is given date from current time?

give a date and time: Jun 12 21:05:16 06-12-2012 21:05:16 2012/06/12 21:05:16 How can i subtract these dates and times from the current date and time and get back the difference in seconds? a one liner like: echo "Jun 12 21:05:16" | some perl/awk programming 90900s (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding hours and minutes to current date (Only to date not to time)

Hi, I want to add some hours and minutes to the current date. For example, if the current date is "July 16, 2012 15:20", i want to add 5 hours 30 minutes to "July 16, 2012 00:00" not to "July 16, 2012 15:20". Please help. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojgarg
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add current date and time

i have file 1.txt asdas|csada|13|03|10|04|23|A1|canberra sdasd|sfdsf|13|04|26|23|28|A1|sydney i want to add today's date and time in the end of each row expected output asdas|csada|13|03|10|04|23|A1|canberra|130430|1358 sdasd|sfdsf|13|04|26|23|28|A1|sydney|130430|1358 todays date... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to substract date with current date and time

I have below file which contain the date in column 3,4,5 12345 open 10/10/13 10:08 PM 3 application is in java 67899 open 12/10/13 2:31 AM 2 apps can be reach 23456 open 11/9/13 2:31 AM 4 java is OK 65432 open 12/10/13 10:07 PM 9 we are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijay_rajni
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Getting the current time from a website and parsing date

I am trying to work on a script to grab the UTC time from a website So far I was able to cobble this together. curl -s --head web-url | grep ^Date: | sed 's/Date: //g' Which gives me the result I need. Wed, 06 Dec 2017 21:43:50 GMT What I need to is extract the 21:43:50 and convert... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: allisterB
4 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab -- maintain crontab files for individual users (V3) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] file crontab [-u user] { -l | -r | -e } DESCRIPTION
The crontab utility is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in Vixie Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and though these are files in /var, they are not intended to be edited directly. If the allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the allow file does not exist but the deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, then depending on site-dependent configuration parameters, only the super user will be allowed to use this command, or all users will be able to use this command. The format of these files is one username per line, with no leading or trailing whitespace. Lines of other formats will be ignored, and so can be used for comments. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename '-' is given. The following options are available: -u Specify the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines ``your'' crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(1) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(1) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. -l Display the current crontab on standard output. -r Remove the current crontab. -e Edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. The specified editor must edit the file in place; any editor that unlinks the file and recreates it cannot be used. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. FILES
/var/cron/allow List of users allowed to use crontab /var/cron/deny List of users prohibited from using crontab /var/cron/tabs Directory for personal crontab files DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), cron(8) STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') with the exception that the dangerous variant of calling crontab without a file name in the first form of the command is not allowed by this implementation. The pseudo-filename '-' must be specified to read from standard input. The new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. AUTHORS
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> BSD
May 13, 2010 BSD