Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers VIM Editor - To disable the status on existing Post 302781291 by hanson44 on Saturday 16th of March 2013 12:52:25 AM
Old 03-16-2013
vim gives an exit status stored in $? (almost always 0). But the zero is normally not displayed unless you say something like 'echo $?' command.

Would need more information to hazard a guess why 0 displayed at console.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

vim editor

in vim editor, if i want to save that file, i have to save and exit (ZZ). i want to be able to save the file without exiting. that way, i can compile the code and if i need to change some coding, i can just switch over without retyping "vim myprogram.c". is there a way to save without exit?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bb00y
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vim as command line editor

Here is my problem, I manage a SunOs 5.8 Server, vi is the default command line editor, I have a line on each users .kshrc profile as follows: export EDITOR=/bin/vi I want to use vim as the command line editor, the below line doesn't work export EDITOR=/bin/vim Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tony3101
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ctags in VIM Editor

Hi, I want to use ctags for multiple folders containing .c and .h files. Can anyone help me with it? I have been using ctags for 1 folder at a time but I would like to link multiple folders and access all .c files at a time using ctags. Thanks, shahsm (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shahsm
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Syntax coloring for .pc files in VIM editor

Hi, i am using VIM editor through Putty. By the option of Syntax on in .vimrc file i am able to see syntax colors in .c and .cpp files but not in the files with .pc extension. How can this be done? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RuchK
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tip: Simple script won't run in cygwin - vim editor involved

I ran into this issue and thanks to various postings in various forums, was able to figure out the solution but didn't see one posting that laid the whole issue out cleanly. So thought the following might help others ... ------------------------------------------------------------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oxysep
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vim editor -> uncounted new line

Hi, I entered the following text in a new file through vim: "Four score and seven years ago" saved and exit. When I looked at the file size, it was 31B, although is supposed to be 30. I reedited the file (again with vim) to check for errors, but everything seemed fine. When I opened the file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prostiiinet
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

the turn on color in vim editor

how to turn on the color in vim editor."syntax on" is not working for me. when i do syntax on it only make some of the text basically header files nd functions name in bold.i am working on "secure crt" ..my vim is in /usr/share i also have .vimrc file in my home folder "~" Please help me... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ascetic
11 Replies

8. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Vim, vi and nano editor shows help.txt automatically

Hi, Whenever i try to open a file in any editor like vi, vim and nano i get this help.txt showing up in split screen without any key being pressed. This continues to pop up even when i close the help.txt. This behavior happens only when i am connected via putty. Is there a fix to this issue? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunil0391
1 Replies
DtEditorAppend(library call)											      DtEditorAppend(library call)

NAME
DtEditorAppend -- append data to a DtEditor widget SYNOPSIS
#include <Dt/Editor.h> DtEditorErrorCode DtEditorAppend( Widget widget, DtEditorContentRec *data); DESCRIPTION
The DtEditorAppend function appends either a NULL-terminated string, wide character string or sized buffer after the last character in a DtEditor widget. The data is transferred to the DtEditor widget using a DtEditorContentRec, which indicates the type of data being trans- ferred along with the actual data. After the data is appended, the insertion cursor is positioned at the new last character. The widget argument specifies the DtEditor widget ID. The data argument points to the data structure containing the data to append. For a complete definition of the DtEditor widget and its associated resources, see DtEditor(3). For a complete definition of DtEditorContentRec, see Dt/Editor.h - DtEditor(5). RETURN VALUE
Upon successful completion, the DtEditorAppend function returns one of the following values: DtEDITOR_NO_ERRORS The data was appended sucessfully. DtEDITOR_NULLS_REMOVED NULL characters were found and removed from the data. Otherwise, if the DtEditorAppend function cannot append the data into the DtEditor widget, it returns one of the following values: DtEDITOR_INVALID_TYPE The type field is unrecognized. DtEDITOR_ILLEGAL_SIZE The size of the buffer passed in is negative. DtEDITOR_NULL_ITEM The buffer is NULL. DtEDITOR_INSUFFICIENT_MEMORY Not enough system memory is available to append the data. EXAMPLES
The following code segment sets the contents of a DtEditor widget to ``The quick brown fox.'' Widget editor; DtEditorContentRec cr; DtEditorErrorCode status; char *sampleString1="The quick", *secondString2=" brown fox"; cr.type = DtEDITOR_TEXT; cr.value.string = sampleString1; status = DtEditorSetContents(editor, &cr); if (status != DtEDITOR_NO_ERRORS && status != DtEDITOR_NULLS_REMOVED) { printf("Unable to set the contents of the widget "); } else { cr.type = DtEDITOR_TEXT; cr.value.string = sampleString2; status = DtEditorAppend(editor, &cr); if (status != DtEDITOR_NO_ERRORS) printf("Unable to append to the contents of the widget "); } APPLICATION USAGE
If the data is in a disk file, rather than in memory, the application should use DtEditorAppendFromFile(3). SEE ALSO
Dt/Editor.h - DtEditor(5), DtEditor(3), DtEditorAppendFromFile(3), DtEditorGetContents(3), DtEditorInsert(3), DtEditorInsertFromFile(3), DtEditorReplace(3), DtEditorReplaceFromFile(3), DtEditorSaveContentsToFile(3), DtEditorSetContents(3), DtEditorSetContentsFromFile(3). DtEditorAppend(library call)