Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rename network interface
Operating Systems Solaris Rename network interface Post 302781213 by DGPickett on Friday 15th of March 2013 05:25:51 PM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Interface

Hi ! Does anyone know how can i get information about my network interface ... if it works in half or full duplex mode !! Thx in adivance ! Witt (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: witt
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network interface goes down intermittently

Hi all, I'm using an HP Proliant server with double NIC and Debian 5 (Lenny) as its OS. I used link bonding on it for several years with no problem. Today, (now only one interface connected to switch) the interface went down. I restarted networking service (/etc/init.d/networking restart) and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Network interface problem

HI, genunix: NOTICE: ce0: xcvr addr:0x01 - link up 100 Mbps half duplex genunix: WARNING: ce0: fault detected external to device; service degraded genunix: WARNING: ce0: xcvr addr:0x01 - link down genunix: NOTICE: ce0: fault cleared external to device; service available genunix: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
4 Replies

4. Solaris

configure zones to have different network interface and network

i need to configure a zone to use different interface (bge2) than global and have connected to completely different network switch & to use its own defaultrouter and hosts file .. is it possible ..if so ..how ? Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Multiple interface same network

hi I have a question, eth0 : 192.168.2.10 eth1: 192.168. 2.11 subnet : 255.255.255.0 eth0 and eth1 plug same swich I want communication between the two interface one host examp : ping 192.168.2.10 -I eth1 ping 192.168.2.11 -I eth0 but not respons.. pls helme (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadosan83
3 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Access to network interface (Mac-network)

Hi, I'm a italian student. For my thesis I develop a gateway with protocol 6lowpan. For that I must access to network interface to develope my personal stack based on standard 802.15.4. Can you help me? I need an explanation for that. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: berny88
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

Network interface-

Hello, Please what's the difference between: AND Thank you so much (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

network interface -

Hello, Please, how can i create a network interface with a routable IP address on linux (ubuntu) ? AND How can i desactivate an interface? Thank you so much for help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
1 Replies

9. Solaris

No network cable But Network interface is UP and Running

I've one Netra 240 After changing main board and system configuration card reader, Network is not accessible any more, Network interfaces are always UP and Running even when there is no cable connected to Network interfaces. I tried to restart and plumb/unplumb with no luck. ifconfig -a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies
bt-network(1)							    bluez-tools 						     bt-network(1)

NAME
bt-network - a bluetooth network manager SYNOPSIS
bt-network [OPTION...] Help Options: -h, --help Application Options: -a, --adapter=<name|mac> -c, --connect <name|mac> <uuid> -s, --server <gn|panu|nap> <brige> DESCRIPTION
This utility is used to manage network services (client/server). All servers will be automatically unregistered when the application terminates. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show help -a, --adapter <name|mac> Specify adapter to use by his Name or MAC address (if this option does not defined - default adapter used) -c, --connect <name|mac> <uuid> Connect to the network device and return the network interface name, uuid can be either one of "gn", "panu" or "nap" -s, --server <gn|panu|nap> <brige> Register server for the provided UUID, every new connection to this server will be added the bridge interface AUTHOR
Alexander Orlenko <zxteam@gmail.com>. SEE ALSO
bt-adapter(1) bt-agent(1) bt-audio(1) bt-device(1) bt-input(1) bt-monitor(1) bt-serial(1) 2010-11-22 bt-network(1)