Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Do While Script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Do While Script Post 302780985 by DGPickett on Friday 15th of March 2013 10:41:53 AM
Old 03-15-2013
I suppose GNU parallel might be nice for this, if it runs long. Or, you could spin off each client in the background. If there are many clients, parallel can control the number at once.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
PARPORT_REGISTER_POR(9) 				       Parallel Port Devices					   PARPORT_REGISTER_POR(9)

NAME
parport_register_port - register a parallel port SYNOPSIS
struct parport * parport_register_port(unsigned long base, int irq, int dma, struct parport_operations * ops); ARGUMENTS
base base I/O address irq IRQ line dma DMA channel ops pointer to the port driver's port operations structure DESCRIPTION
When a parallel port (lowlevel) driver finds a port that should be made available to parallel port device drivers, it should call parport_register_port. The base, irq, and dma parameters are for the convenience of port drivers, and for ports where they aren't meaningful needn't be set to anything special. They can be altered afterwards by adjusting the relevant members of the parport structure that is returned and represents the port. They should not be tampered with after calling parport_announce_port, however. If there are parallel port device drivers in the system that have registered themselves using parport_register_driver, they are not told about the port at this time; that is done by parport_announce_port. The ops structure is allocated by the caller, and must not be deallocated before calling parport_remove_port. If there is no memory to allocate a new parport structure, this function will return NULL. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 3.10 June 2014 PARPORT_REGISTER_POR(9)