Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Do While Script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Do While Script Post 302780985 by DGPickett on Friday 15th of March 2013 10:41:53 AM
Old 03-15-2013
I suppose GNU parallel might be nice for this, if it runs long. Or, you could spin off each client in the background. If there are many clients, parallel can control the number at once.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
YPPUSH(8)						       NIS Reference Manual							 YPPUSH(8)

NAME
yppush - force propagation of changed NIS databases SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/yppush [-d domain] [-t timeout] [--parallel # | --port port] [-h host] [-v] mapname... DESCRIPTION
yppush copies updated NIS databases (or maps) from the master NIS server to the slave servers within a NIS domain. It is normally run only on the NIS master by /var/yp/Makefile after the master databases are changed. /var/yp/Makefile does not invoke yppush by default, the NOPUSH=true line must be commented out. yppush first constructs a list of NIS slave servers by reading the NIS map ypservers within the domain. A destination host (or a list of hosts with multiple -h commands) can also be specified on the command line. A "transfer map" request is sent to the NIS serger at each slave, along with the information needed by the transfer agent ypxfr(8) to callback to yppush, which may be printed the result to stderr. Messages are also printed when a transfer is not possible; for instance when the request message is undeliverable. To specify a port number or use any other yppush options you can edit /var/yp/Makefile directly. OPTIONS
-d domain Specify a particular domain. The NIS domain of the local host system is used by default. If the local host's domain name is not set, the domain name must be specified with this flag. -t timeout The timeout flag is used to specify a timeout value in seconds. This timeout controls how long yppush will wait for a response from a slave server before sending a map transfer request to the next slave server in the list. By default, yppush will wait 90 seconds. For big maps, this is not long enough. --parallel #, -p # yppush normally performs transfers serially, meaning that it will send a map transfer request to one slave server and then wait for it to respond before sending the next map transfer request to the next slave server. In environments with many slaves, it is more efficient to initiate several map transfers at once so that the transfers can take place in parallel. It is not possible to run in parallel and assign a fixed port with the --port flag --port port specify a port for yppush to listen on. By default, yppush will ask portmap(8) to assign it a random port number. It is not possible to assign a port with this option and run in parallel with the --parallel or -p flag -h host The host flag can be used to transfer a map to a user-specified machine or group of machines instead of the list of servers contained in the ypservers map. A list of hosts can be specified by using multiple instances of the -h flag. -v Verbose mode: causes yppush to print debugging messages as it runs. Note specifying this flag twice makes yppush even more verbose. SEE ALSO
domainname(1), ypserv(8), ypxfr(8) BUGS
The mechanism for transferring NIS maps in NIS v1 is different that that in NIS version 2. This version of yppush has support for transferring maps to NIS v2 systems only. AUTHOR
Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@linux-nis.org> NIS Reference Manual 04/10/2013 YPPUSH(8)