Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Generate a Summary report
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Generate a Summary report Post 302780867 by PikK45 on Friday 15th of March 2013 08:32:20 AM
Old 03-15-2013
Code:

find . -type f -prune \( -name "*_Presentation.csv" -o -name "*_Chapter.csv" -o -name "*_Scene.csv" \) -size +0c -print | awk ' /Presentation/{p=p+1}
/Chapter/{c=c+1}
/Scene/{s=s+1}
END {print p, c, s}' | read Presentation Chapter Scene
for count in $Presentation $Chapter $Scene
do
if [ $count -ne 0 ]; then
echo "$count file has error in loading" >> logfile
else
echo "$count file has loaded successfully" >> logfile
fi
done

@ctsgnb: Hope this does the trick Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add up a total in a summary report?

Hi all i got a script up but i cant add up the summary report.. keep having synax error . mind helping me to take a look and tell me what went wrong.. i know is a bit long but i hope someone can hep me with it. thanks the error message come up when i try to run the sumary report.. i guess... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaojesus
16 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate a report

Hi Please help me to resolve the below query. My shell script has generated a file output.file like below ******************************** DROP TABLE GPS_CONTACT_DETAILS DB20000I The SQL command completed successfully. CREATE TABLE GPS_CONTACT_DETAILS ( CONTACT_ID ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
8 Replies

3. AIX

Re-Generate error report

Hi Is there a way to re-generate AIX error report after clearing it? I mean if I did errclear 0, Does the error log get erased? Is there a command that will get entries back in errpt? I hope that made sense. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dardeer
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate a report

I am trying to generate a report for a file called phone_book awk -f {phone_book} why does this not work? Nothing happens at all. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gustave
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse diff output into very detailed & summary report

Hello all; I'll try an explain my dilemma as best I can. But first some background: 1- I am suppose to compare a database to itself before and after changes; basically generate audit trail report. 2- This database contains "RULES" (the id field) that we use for transmitting files. 3 - The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summary report csv file

Hello, I have 2 csv files with 4 columns each. file1.csv A, AA, AAA, AAAA B, BB, BBB, BBBB file2.csv C, CC, CCC, CCCC D, DD, DDD, DDDD I would like to use shell commands (sed, awk...) to copy the content of the 2 files (2x4 columns) into a final csv template file. Expected... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inMyZone35
2 Replies
pdfoutline(1)						      General Commands Manual						     pdfoutline(1)

NAME
pdfoutline - add outlines (aka bookmarks) to PDF files SYNOPSIS
pdfoutline input.pdf outlines.txt output.pdf DESCRIPTION
pdfoutline reads input file given as first argument, adds outlines from text file given as second argument, and saves result to file with name given as third argument. File with outlines information should consist of lines in the following format: <level> <page> Outline text <level> and <page> should be integers. Each field should be separated by exactly one space symbol. All values for <level> should be greater or equal than that of the first line. Page numeration starts with 1. Outlines file can contain comments that start with # in first column. Comments and empty lines are ignored. OPTIONS
pdfoutline accepts no options. EXAMPLES
Here is example of outlines data file: 0 1 Document title 1 1 Chapter 1 2 1 Chapter 1.1 2 2 Chapter 1.2 1 3 Chapter 2 Using this file will result in outlines like the following: Document title +-Chapter 1 | +-Chapter 1.1 | +-Chapter 1.2 +-Chapter 2 AUTHOR
pdfoutline author is Eugeniy Meshcheryakov <eugen@debian.org> pdfoutline is part of fntsample and can be downoaded from <http://fntsample.sourceforge.net/>. 2010-10-14 pdfoutline(1)