Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get a numeric value from Oracle to UNIX variable without spaces? Post 302780859 by anbu23 on Friday 15th of March 2013 08:09:31 AM
Old 03-15-2013
Check whether you have tab in BD_RC_CNT
Code:
echo "$BD_RC_CNT"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strip leading and trailing spaces only in a shell variable with embedded spaces

I am trying to strip all leading and trailing spaces of a shell variable using either awk or sed or any other utility, however unscuccessful and need your help. echo $SH_VAR | command_line Syntax. The SH_VAR contains embedded spaces which needs to be preserved. I need only for the leading and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace spaces with 0's having numeric values.

What could be the regular expression with gsub function in awk to replace all numerics having spaces before to be replaced with 0s? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass unix variable to oracle

hi , how to pass unix variable to oracle code is ............. #! /bin/ksh echo enter date vale read date1 sqlplus x/y@oracle select * from emp where statrt_date= $date1 is this is correct way... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chiru
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete spaces in the variable in unix script?

Hi All, I need your help.I want to know how to delete the spaces in a variable in unix scripting.Please give solution to this probelm... thanks ! :confused: (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: MARY76
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

to check variable if its non numeric

if test $b -ne then echo "\n\n\n\tPassword reset has been done successfully" else echo "\n\n\n\tAn error occurred" fi i want to check whether $b is non-numeric so how to do that? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get value from oracle & assign it in UNIX variable

Hi Team, I need to get data from oracle table & need to assign that value to unix variable. I have serched the same in other threads. I found the following code. I have tried code to get the value from oracle. but it is not working. The error shows invalid identifier "NAM" & then list all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing unix variable to oracle parameters

Please help me how to pass some unix vairable to oracle. I have used below , but not displaying passed (inval) value. calling() { sqlplus -s $1/$2@$3 <<EOF begin exec call_sql($4); end; exit EOF } calling user pwd inst value1... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jairaj
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

trim spaces in unix for variable

HI Guys I have written a script using awk to split a file based on some identifier and renaming the file based on two values from specific length. ts a fixed width file. When I am trying to fetch the values a = substr($0,11,10) b = substr($0,21,5); i am getting spaces in a and b values .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish8484
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get Oracle variable in UNIX?

Hello All, I need to export various variables in UNIX. But the values of those variables will come from Oracle. Say i have Oracle query: Select file_id, file_desc, file_freq_cd, load_table_nm, load_stored_procd_nm, load_proc_typ_nm, err_rec_cnt_thrsld_nbr, file_expc_rec_cnt From Table1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
7 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Identify a specific environment Oracle variable to connect a remote Oracle database ?

Good evening I nned your help pls, In an unix server i want to connect to a remote oracle databse server by sqlplus. I tried to find out the user/passwd and service name by env variable and all Ive got is this: ORACLE_SID_REPCOL=SCL_REPCOL ORACLE_SID=xmeta ORACLE_SID_TOL=SCL_PROTOLCOL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies
OCI_SET_ACTION(3)														 OCI_SET_ACTION(3)

oci_set_action - Sets the action name

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_action (resource $connection, string $action_name) DESCRIPTION
Sets the action name for Oracle tracing. The action name is registered with the database when the next 'roundtrip' from PHP to the database occurs, typically when an SQL statement is executed. The action name can subsequently be queried from database administration views such as V$SESSION. It can be used for tracing and monitor- ing such as with V$SQLAREA and DBMS_MONITOR.SERV_MOD_ACT_STAT_ENABLE. The value may be retained across persistent connections. PARAMETERS
o $connection -An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3), or oci_new_connect(3). o $action_name - User chosen string up to 32 bytes long. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting the action <?php $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); // Record the action oci_set_action($c, 'Friend Lookup'); // Code that causes a roundtrip, for example a query: $s = oci_parse($c, 'select * from dual'); oci_execute($s); oci_fetch_all($s, $res); sleep(30); ?> // While the script is running, the administrator can see the actions // being performed: sqlplus system/welcome SQL> select action from v$session; NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available when PHP is linked with Oracle Database libraries from version 10 g onwards. Tip Performance With older versions of OCI8 or the Oracle Database, the client information can be set using the Oracle DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO pack- age. This is less efficient than using oci_set_client_info(3). Caution Roundtrip Gotcha Some but not all OCI8 functions cause roundtrips. Roundtrips to the database may not occur with queries when result caching is enabled. SEE ALSO
oci_set_module_name(3), oci_set_client_info(3), oci_set_client_identifier(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_ACTION(3)