Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Generate a Summary report
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Generate a Summary report Post 302780793 by Sakthikalluri on Friday 15th of March 2013 06:04:12 AM
Old 03-15-2013
Generate a Summary report

Hi All,

Script to meet my requirement might be simpler for UINIX experts.. Smilie
I need to generate an summary report in .txt file using shell script

I have Reject directory in Unix server which contains all reject files for three diff categories- Presentation, Chapter and Scene

Following are the reject files

Reject_Lookup_Error_Presentation.csv
Reject_Lookup_Error_Chapter.csv
Reject_Lookup_Error_Scene.csv
Reject_Read_Error_Presentation.csv
Reject_Read_Error_Chapter.csv
Reject_Read_Error_Scene.csv

Summary report Should be generated by identifying the file name and size. If any of the file size related to Presentation (*_Presentation.csv) is > 0 then. The summary report should display - "Presentation file has error in loading"
If all files related to presentation are 0 size then it should display "Presentation file loaded successfully"

Now my Summary report should look like below

Presentation file has loaded successfully
Chapter file has error in loading
Scene file has error in loading

Kindly help me with the code. I need it urgently.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add up a total in a summary report?

Hi all i got a script up but i cant add up the summary report.. keep having synax error . mind helping me to take a look and tell me what went wrong.. i know is a bit long but i hope someone can hep me with it. thanks the error message come up when i try to run the sumary report.. i guess... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaojesus
16 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate a report

Hi Please help me to resolve the below query. My shell script has generated a file output.file like below ******************************** DROP TABLE GPS_CONTACT_DETAILS DB20000I The SQL command completed successfully. CREATE TABLE GPS_CONTACT_DETAILS ( CONTACT_ID ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
8 Replies

3. AIX

Re-Generate error report

Hi Is there a way to re-generate AIX error report after clearing it? I mean if I did errclear 0, Does the error log get erased? Is there a command that will get entries back in errpt? I hope that made sense. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dardeer
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate a report

I am trying to generate a report for a file called phone_book awk -f {phone_book} why does this not work? Nothing happens at all. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gustave
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse diff output into very detailed & summary report

Hello all; I'll try an explain my dilemma as best I can. But first some background: 1- I am suppose to compare a database to itself before and after changes; basically generate audit trail report. 2- This database contains "RULES" (the id field) that we use for transmitting files. 3 - The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summary report csv file

Hello, I have 2 csv files with 4 columns each. file1.csv A, AA, AAA, AAAA B, BB, BBB, BBBB file2.csv C, CC, CCC, CCCC D, DD, DDD, DDDD I would like to use shell commands (sed, awk...) to copy the content of the 2 files (2x4 columns) into a final csv template file. Expected... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inMyZone35
2 Replies
ifpps(8)							netsniff-ng-toolkit							  ifpps(8)

NAME
ifpps - fetch and format kernel network statistics SYNOPSIS
ifpps -d|--dev <netdev> [-t|--interval <sec>][-p|--promisc][-c|--term] [-C|--csv][-H|--csv-tablehead][-l|--loop][-v|--version][-h|--help] DESCRIPTION
A tiny tool to provide top-like reliable networking statistics. ifpps reads out the 'real' kernel statistics, so it does not give erroneous statistics on high I/O load. OPTIONS
ifpps --dev eth0 Fetch eth0 interface statistics. ifpps --dev eth0 --interval 60 --csv Output eth0 interface statistics every minute in CSV format. OPTIONS
-h|--help Print help text and lists all options. -v|--version Print version. -d|--dev <netdev> Device to fetch statistics for i.e., eth0. -p|--promisc Put the device in promiscuous mode -t|--interval <time> Refresh time in sec (default 1 sec) -c|--term Output to terminal -C|--csv Output in CSV format. E.g. post-processing with Gnuplot et al. -H|--csv-tablehead Print CSV table head. -l|--loop Loop terminal output. AUTHOR
Written by Daniel Borkmann <daniel@netsniff-ng.org> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Emmanuel Roullit <emmanuel@netsniff-ng.org> BUGS
Please report bugs to <bugs@netsniff-ng.org> 2012-06-29 ifpps(8)