Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Generate a Summary report
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Generate a Summary report Post 302780793 by Sakthikalluri on Friday 15th of March 2013 06:04:12 AM
Old 03-15-2013
Generate a Summary report

Hi All,

Script to meet my requirement might be simpler for UINIX experts.. Smilie
I need to generate an summary report in .txt file using shell script

I have Reject directory in Unix server which contains all reject files for three diff categories- Presentation, Chapter and Scene

Following are the reject files

Reject_Lookup_Error_Presentation.csv
Reject_Lookup_Error_Chapter.csv
Reject_Lookup_Error_Scene.csv
Reject_Read_Error_Presentation.csv
Reject_Read_Error_Chapter.csv
Reject_Read_Error_Scene.csv

Summary report Should be generated by identifying the file name and size. If any of the file size related to Presentation (*_Presentation.csv) is > 0 then. The summary report should display - "Presentation file has error in loading"
If all files related to presentation are 0 size then it should display "Presentation file loaded successfully"

Now my Summary report should look like below

Presentation file has loaded successfully
Chapter file has error in loading
Scene file has error in loading

Kindly help me with the code. I need it urgently.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add up a total in a summary report?

Hi all i got a script up but i cant add up the summary report.. keep having synax error . mind helping me to take a look and tell me what went wrong.. i know is a bit long but i hope someone can hep me with it. thanks the error message come up when i try to run the sumary report.. i guess... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaojesus
16 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate a report

Hi Please help me to resolve the below query. My shell script has generated a file output.file like below ******************************** DROP TABLE GPS_CONTACT_DETAILS DB20000I The SQL command completed successfully. CREATE TABLE GPS_CONTACT_DETAILS ( CONTACT_ID ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailaja_80
8 Replies

3. AIX

Re-Generate error report

Hi Is there a way to re-generate AIX error report after clearing it? I mean if I did errclear 0, Does the error log get erased? Is there a command that will get entries back in errpt? I hope that made sense. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dardeer
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate a report

I am trying to generate a report for a file called phone_book awk -f {phone_book} why does this not work? Nothing happens at all. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gustave
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse diff output into very detailed & summary report

Hello all; I'll try an explain my dilemma as best I can. But first some background: 1- I am suppose to compare a database to itself before and after changes; basically generate audit trail report. 2- This database contains "RULES" (the id field) that we use for transmitting files. 3 - The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Summary report csv file

Hello, I have 2 csv files with 4 columns each. file1.csv A, AA, AAA, AAAA B, BB, BBB, BBBB file2.csv C, CC, CCC, CCCC D, DD, DDD, DDDD I would like to use shell commands (sed, awk...) to copy the content of the 2 files (2x4 columns) into a final csv template file. Expected... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inMyZone35
2 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-f] [-q] [-t] [file] DESCRIPTION
Script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -f Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: One person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo' and another can super- vise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. -q Be quiet. -t Output timeing data to standard error. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. Script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), replay(1). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
Script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. Linux July 30, 2000 Linux