Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to replace two or more spaces with one comma? Post 302780613 by RudiC on Thursday 14th of March 2013 06:53:07 PM
Old 03-14-2013
Code:
sed 's: \+:,:' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace , (comma) with space

Hi, what is the better way to replace the , (comma) with a space char? Example:STRING=dir1,dir2,dir3 toSTRING=dir1 dir2 dir3 And.. how to find if in the string there is a comma? Thanks :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbarberis
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace comma(,) with Tab

hi all, i have a file with commas(,). i want to replace all the commas with tab(\t). Plz help...its urgent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_kesarwani
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma with newline

Hi, for some reason I cant seem to figure this out. I have a file which looks something like this word word word word word,word,word word word word,word,word,word,word word word Basically I want this whole thing to be a list with 1 word on each line like this... word word word... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eltinator
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Use Sed Command to replace white spaces with comma from between two fields - Mayank

SHELL SCRIPT Hi I have a file in the following format Mayank Sushant Dheeraj Kunal ARUN Samir How can i replace the white space in between and replace them with a comma?? The resultant output should be Mayank,Sushant Dheeraj,Kunal ARUN,Samir i tried using sed -e... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayanksargoch
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace the | with Comma

Hi, The input file structure is given below: The Col1 and Col2 will be there always. But from Col3 there can be more columns. And Col3 will be always Col4 and Col5 will always be with Col6. I need to replace the | with comma. There are scnearios where there wont be no data.Below, the row 2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathappriyan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace newline with comma.

I have output from a file like this: 15,01,11,14:06 235 I would like to change this to: 15,01,11,14:06,235 Removing newline and change to "," I now this can be done with tr cat OUT | tr '\n' ','' My problem is that tr is not implemented in this shell. sed is, show it should be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help removing leading spaces from one field in comma seperated file

Using awk or sed, I'd like to remove leading spaces after a comma and before a right justified number in field 6. Sounds simple but I can't find a solution. Each field's formatting must stay intact. Input: 40,123456-02,160,05/24/2012,02/13/1977, 10699.15,0 Output:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace NewLine with comma using sed?

Hi , I have a huge file with following records and I want to replace the last comma with ',NULL'. I try using SED but could not create a correct script . In my opinion I need a script which can convert ,/n with ,NULL/n 1,CHANGE_MEMBER,2010-12-28 00:05:00, 2,CHANGE_MEMBER,2012-09-02... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajaypal
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma and blank with comma and number

I, I have a file and i need to replace comma and blank space with comma and 0. cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c, d, e,4 I need the output as cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c,0 d,0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace spaces with underscores up to first comma but not after the comma

I have a comma delimited file of major codes and descriptions. I want to replace all occurrences of spaces with underscores up to the first comma (only in the first field), but not replace spaces following the comma. For instance I have the following snippet of the file: EK ED,Elementary and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdouty
7 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)