Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to replace two or more spaces with one comma? Post 302780591 by Yoda on Thursday 14th of March 2013 06:18:52 PM
Old 03-14-2013
Code:
awk ' { print $1, $2 } ' OFS=, file

OR
Code:
awk ' { $1 = $1 } 1 ' OFS=, file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace , (comma) with space

Hi, what is the better way to replace the , (comma) with a space char? Example:STRING=dir1,dir2,dir3 toSTRING=dir1 dir2 dir3 And.. how to find if in the string there is a comma? Thanks :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbarberis
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace comma(,) with Tab

hi all, i have a file with commas(,). i want to replace all the commas with tab(\t). Plz help...its urgent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_kesarwani
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma with newline

Hi, for some reason I cant seem to figure this out. I have a file which looks something like this word word word word word,word,word word word word,word,word,word,word word word Basically I want this whole thing to be a list with 1 word on each line like this... word word word... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eltinator
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Use Sed Command to replace white spaces with comma from between two fields - Mayank

SHELL SCRIPT Hi I have a file in the following format Mayank Sushant Dheeraj Kunal ARUN Samir How can i replace the white space in between and replace them with a comma?? The resultant output should be Mayank,Sushant Dheeraj,Kunal ARUN,Samir i tried using sed -e... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayanksargoch
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace the | with Comma

Hi, The input file structure is given below: The Col1 and Col2 will be there always. But from Col3 there can be more columns. And Col3 will be always Col4 and Col5 will always be with Col6. I need to replace the | with comma. There are scnearios where there wont be no data.Below, the row 2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathappriyan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace newline with comma.

I have output from a file like this: 15,01,11,14:06 235 I would like to change this to: 15,01,11,14:06,235 Removing newline and change to "," I now this can be done with tr cat OUT | tr '\n' ','' My problem is that tr is not implemented in this shell. sed is, show it should be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help removing leading spaces from one field in comma seperated file

Using awk or sed, I'd like to remove leading spaces after a comma and before a right justified number in field 6. Sounds simple but I can't find a solution. Each field's formatting must stay intact. Input: 40,123456-02,160,05/24/2012,02/13/1977, 10699.15,0 Output:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace NewLine with comma using sed?

Hi , I have a huge file with following records and I want to replace the last comma with ',NULL'. I try using SED but could not create a correct script . In my opinion I need a script which can convert ,/n with ,NULL/n 1,CHANGE_MEMBER,2010-12-28 00:05:00, 2,CHANGE_MEMBER,2012-09-02... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajaypal
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma and blank with comma and number

I, I have a file and i need to replace comma and blank space with comma and 0. cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c, d, e,4 I need the output as cat file.txt a,5 b,1 c,0 d,0 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace spaces with underscores up to first comma but not after the comma

I have a comma delimited file of major codes and descriptions. I want to replace all occurrences of spaces with underscores up to the first comma (only in the first field), but not replace spaces following the comma. For instance I have the following snippet of the file: EK ED,Elementary and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdouty
7 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)