Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Do While Script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Do While Script Post 302780535 by DGPickett on Thursday 14th of March 2013 03:57:47 PM
Old 03-14-2013
It seems like you want the dates and some users from the file. Process the whole file to make a list of users and dates, sorted. Take your list of user to restore and sort it. Use join on the two files to produce a list of matches.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
Net::Sieve::Script(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Net::Sieve::Script(3pm)

NAME
Net::Sieve::Script - Parse and write sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
use Net::Sieve::Script; my $test_script = 'require "fileinto"; # Place all these in the "Test" folder if header :contains "Subject" "[Test]" { fileinto "Test"; }'; my $script = Net::Sieve::Script->new ($test_script); print "OK" if ( $script->parsing_ok ) ; print $script->write_script; or my $script = Net::Sieve::Script->new(); my $cond = Net::Sieve::Script::Condition->new('header'); $cond->match_type(':contains'); $cond->header_list('"Subject"'); $cond->key_list('"Re: Test2"'); my $actions = 'fileinto "INBOX.test"; stop;'; my $rule = Net::Sieve::Script::Rule->new(); $rule->add_condition($cond); $rule->add_action($actions); $script->add_rule($rule); print $script->write_script; DESCRIPTION
Manage sieve script Read and parse file script, make Net::Sieve::Script::Rule, Net::Sieve::Script::Action, Net::Sieve::Script::Condition objects Write sieve script Support RFC 5228 - sieve base RFC 5231 - relationnal RFC 5230 - vacation Draft regex missing 5229 variables 5232 imapflags 5233 subaddress 5235 spamtest notify draft CONSTRUCTOR
new Argument : optional text script Purpose : if param, put script in raw, parse script Return : main Script object Accessors : ->raw() : read or set original text script ->require() : require part of script ->rules() : array of rules ->max_priority() : last rule id METHODS
parsing_ok return 1 on raw parsing success write_script Purpose : write full script, require and rules parts Return : set current require, return rules ordered by priority in text format equals $object->equals($test_object): return 1 if $object and $test_object are equals read_rules $script->read_rules() : read rules from raw $script->read_rules($some_text) : parse text rules use of read_rules set $script->rules() Return 1 on success find_rule Return Net::Sieve::Script::Rule pointer find by priority Return 0 on error, 1 on not find swap_rules Swap priorities, now don't take care of if/else/elsif Return 1 on success, 0 on error reorder_rules Reorder rules with a list of number, start with 1, and with blanck separator. Usefull for ajax sort functions. Thank you jeanne for your help in brain storming. Return 1 on success, 0 on error delete_rule Delete rule and change priority, delete rule take care for 'if' test if deleted is 'if' delete next if next is 'else' change next in 'if' next is 'elsif' Return : 1 on success, 0 on error add_rule Purpose : add a rule in end of script Return : priority on success, 0 on error Argument : Net::Sieve::Script::Rule object BUGS
Rewrite a hand made script will lose comments. Verify parsing success with parsing_ok method before write a new script. SUPPORT
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-net-sieve-script at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Net-Sieve-Script>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. AUTHOR
Yves Agostini - Univ Metz - <agostini@univ-metz.fr> <http://www.crium.univ-metz.fr> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2008 Yves Agostini - <agostini@univ-metz.fr> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. SEE ALSO
Net::Sieve perl v5.10.0 2008-09-15 Net::Sieve::Script(3pm)