Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to take input from two files in a UNIX script? Post 302780455 by Sanjeev Yadav on Thursday 14th of March 2013 01:59:20 PM
Old 03-14-2013
I tried running the below script but it doesn't work for me....can you fix this for me....Sorry, I am new to unix..

Code:
exec 5< "/home/epprod/COSMOS_CUSTOME_CLIENTID.txt"
exec 6< "/home/epprod/COSMOS_CUSTOME_CLIENTIDS.txt"
while read VAR1 <&5 && read VAR2 <&6
do
db2 -x "select customer_nbr,client_id from policies where customer_nbr='VAR1' and client_id='VAR2' with ur " >> "/home/epprod/COSMOS_CUSTOME_CLIENTID_Results.txt"
done
exec 5<&-
exec 6<&-

Last edited by Corona688; 03-14-2013 at 03:21 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find files on a given input date

Hello gurus, I need to write a script to find out all the file that got changed on a specific folder since a given input date (Date to be given as Input) Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ar.karan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a new file from 2 files as input to the script

Hi- I am hoping someone can give me some pointers to get me started. I have a file which contains some dn's .e.g file 1 cn=bob,cn=user,dc=com cn=kev,cn=user,dc=com cn=john,cn=user,dc=com I have a second file e.g. file.template which looks something like :- dn: <dn> objectclass:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sniper57
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get this script work on multiple input files

Hello Gyues! I would like to use awk to perform data extraction from several files. The data files look like this: DWT26R 1 PEP1 CA 1 OH2 SKIPPED: 0 STEP: 1 0.29000E+01 0.55005E-02 0.60012E-03 0.30000E+01 0.11149E+00 0.13603E-01 0.31000E+01 0.39719E+00 0.63013E-01 0.32000E+01... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel8472
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Process input files from folder in shell script?

Hi, I want to process all input files available into folder (C:\ShellPrg\InputFile\) Input files are abc.CSV , XYZ.zip (zip of CSV file), PQR.gz (zip of CSV file). I want to check the extension of file, If its .zip/.gz then need to unzip the file as .CSV I want to parse line by line of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script Not Reading Input Files Correctly

This is one of the strangest things that's happening to me. I'm writing a new Perl script that is trying to read a file. The file is originally in .mof format, but I also saved the contents into a .txt file. As a simple test, I wrote this: #!/user/bin/perl -w use strict; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kooshi
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files with an input for directories and an input for path/file

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how best to approach this script, and I have very little experience, so I could use all the help I can get. :wall: I regularly need to delete files from many directories. A file with the same name may exist any number of times in different subdirectories.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: *ShadowCat*
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in unix script to join similar lines of input

Hi, I have been thinking of how to script this but i have no clue at all.. Could someone please help me out or give me some idea on this? I would like to group those lines with the same first variable in each line, joining the 2nd variables with commas. Let's say i have the following input. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rei125
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Standardization of input source data files using shell script

Hi there, I'm a newbie in unix and am fishing for options related to how raw input data files are handled. The scenario, as I'm sure y'all must be very familiar with, is this : we receive upwards of 50 data files in ASCII format from various source systems - now each file has its own structure... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat Khos
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building a dynamic UNIX menu with input files

Hi! I am looking to build dynamic menu (named: lookup.sh) that reads a pipe delimited file for input. for example, contents of input.txt could be: user1|srv1 user3|srv1 user4|srv1 user2|srv2 I want the menu look like: 1) get password for user1 on srv1 2) get password for user3 on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
7 Replies
PARALLEL-SLURP(1)														 PARALLEL-SLURP(1)

NAME
parallel-slurp - copy files from listed hosts SYNOPSIS
parallel-slurp [OPTIONS] -h hosts.txt -L destdir remote local DESCRIPTION
pssh provides a number of commands for executing against a group of computers, using SSH. It's most useful for operating on clusters of homogenously-configured hosts. parallel-slurp gathers specified files from hosts you listed. OPTIONS
-r --recursive recusively copy directories (OPTIONAL) -L --localdir output directory for remote file copies -h --hosts hosts file (each line "host[:port] [user]") -l --user username (OPTIONAL) -p --par max number of parallel threads (OPTIONAL) -o --outdir output directory for stdout files (OPTIONAL) -e --errdir output directory for stderr files (OPTIONAL) -t --timeout timeout (secs) (-1 = no timeout) per host (OPTIONAL) -O --options SSH options (OPTIONAL) -v --verbose turn on warning and diagnostic messages (OPTIONAL) EXAMPLE
An example to copy /home/irb2/foo.txt from each host. Files gathered will be stored in /tmp/outdir/hostname/foo.txt. # prallel-slurp -h hosts.txt -L /tmp/outdir -l irb2 /home/irb2/foo.txt foo.txt ENVIRONMENT
All four programs take similar sets of options. All of these options can be set using the following environment variables: o PSSH_HOSTS o PSSH_USER o PSSH_PAR o PSSH_OUTDIR o PSSH_VERBOSE o PSSH_OPTIONS SEE ALSO
parallel-ssh(1), parallel-scp(1), parallel-nuke(1), parallel-rsync(1), ssh(1) AUTHOR
Brent N. Chun <bnc@theether.org> COPYING
Copyright: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Brent N. Chun NOTES
1. bnc@theether.org mailto:bnc@theether.org 03/30/2009 PARALLEL-SLURP(1)