Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sorting columns for specific values Post 302780381 by Yoda on Thursday 14th of March 2013 12:41:42 PM
Old 03-14-2013
Follow these steps:
  1. Make a copy of this column to another column
  2. Select all data in the new column
  3. Goto Data tab
  4. Select Text to Columns
  5. Specify hyphen - as delimiter
  6. Click Finish
Now you will have a new column with data starting with p
This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting multi-column values from a specific file

Hi, all. I need a shell script which gathers data from a remote XML file and then displays it according to my needs.. I need this for my job due to the fact that I need to keep track price changes of euro, usd, gold, etc. The XML file I am talking about is located at this page: cnnturk dot... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: canimsin
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get values from different columns from file2 when match values of file1

Hi everyone, I have file1 and file2 comma separated both. file1 is: Header1,Header2,Header3,Header4,Header5,Header6,Header7,Header8,Header9,Header10 Code7,,,,,,,,, Code5,,,,,,,,, Code3,,,,,,,,, Code9,,,,,,,,, Code2,,,,,,,,,file2... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
17 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing columns from a text file that do not have any values in second and third columns

I have a text file that has three columns. But at the end of the text file, there are trailing lines that have missing second and third columns: 4 0.04972604 KLHL28 4 0.0497332 CSTB 4 0.04979822 AIF1 4 0.04983331 DECR2 4 0.04990344 KATNB1 4 4 4 4 How can I remove the trailing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting and adding columns

i have a file with two columns, and i want to uniquely sort the values in fist column and add the corresponding values in the second columns eg file a contents tom 200 john 300 sow 500 tom 800 james 50 sow 300 output shpould be in file b as tom 1000 john 300 sow 800 james 50 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dealerso
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print columns matching to specific values

Hello Friends, I have a CDR file and i need to print out 2 columns with their field position which matches to some constant values, a part of input file CZ=1|CZA=1|DIAL=415483420001|EE=13|ESF=1|ET=|FF=0|9|MNC=99|MNP=9041|MTC=0|NID=2|NOA=international|ON=1| OutPut ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in sorting multiple columns

Hello all, I am using printf to print the sorted o/p in my script.I am trying to sort in following way but doesn't work. printf "%13s %2s UDP %15s:%s Program %4s HD: %23s HD: %23s %10s %s %s %3s days %3s hours\n" $encoder $i "${ipaddr}" ${portno} ${progno} ${inres} ${outres} ${inrate}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramman
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't figure out how to find specific characters in specific columns

I am trying to find a specific set of characters in a long file. I only want to find the characters in column 265 for 4 bytes. Is there a search for that? I tried cut but couldn't get it to work. Ex. I want to find '9999' in column 265 for 4 bytes. If it is in there, I want it to print... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Drenhead
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding columns with values dependent on existing columns

Hello I have a file as below chr1 start ref alt code1 code2 chr1 18884 C CAAAA 2 0 chr1 135419 TATACA T 2 0 chr1 332045 T TTG 0 2 chr1 453838 T TAC 2 0 chr1 567652 T TG 1 0 chr1 602541 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: plumb_r
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing lines with specific strings at specific columns

Hi I have a file which is tab-delimited. Now, I'd like to print the lines which have "chr6" string in both first and second columns. Could anybody help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_bahreini
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting by columns

Hi, I have a tab delimited columnar file where I want to remove lines wherever two particular columns match. so for this file, I want to toss the lines where columns 1 and 2 match: a a 1 3 a b 2 4 b b 3 5 because there are matches column 1 and 2 in lines 1 and 3, I would like a script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikey11415
2 Replies
DB2_FIELD_WIDTH(3)							 1							DB2_FIELD_WIDTH(3)

db2_field_width - Returns the width of the current value of the indicated column in a result set

SYNOPSIS
int db2_field_width (resource $stmt, mixed $column) DESCRIPTION
Returns the width of the current value of the indicated column in a result set. This is the maximum width of the column for a fixed-length data type, or the actual width of the column for a variable-length data type. PARAMETERS
o $stmt - Specifies a statement resource containing a result set. o $column - Specifies the column in the result set. This can either be an integer representing the 0-indexed position of the column, or a string containing the name of the column. RETURN VALUES
Returns an integer containing the width of the specified character or binary data type column in a result set. If the specified column does not exist in the result set, db2_field_width(3) returns FALSE. SEE ALSO
db2_field_display_size(3), db2_field_name(3), db2_field_num(3), db2_field_precision(3), db2_field_scale(3), db2_field_type(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_FIELD_WIDTH(3)