Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Screen Resolution on External Monitor from RHEL 6.3 Post 302780311 by fpmurphy on Thursday 14th of March 2013 10:14:16 AM
Old 03-14-2013
You are limited by the available resolutions on your laptop. No way around that.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitor Resolution

My machine (Sun Blade 100) has just had it's OS reinstalled (solaris 8). For some reason the monitor resolution has changed (decreaded so that I have less monitor real esate). Does anybody know the command to change monitor resolution in Solaris? Cheers AreaMan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AreaMan
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitor Resolution

Guys, We are going to order the wide screen monitor with 1920*1200 resolution for one U60 in our client side, that their current graphic card is Elite3D-m6 and the higher resolution which this card supports is 1280*1024. I just want to make sure wehther we are able to work with this monitor via... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikk
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Changing Screen Resolution

I have installed Solaris 10 over vmware onto my machine. Now when I want to change my screen resolution it only has one option which is 800x600. Is there a way to change that to a bigger resollution? And if there is, what file do I have to edit and what text editor do I have to use? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aco
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Using Xorg t extend laptop screen to external monitor

Hey, I was trying to configure my laptop's xorg.conf file so I could use a external monitor. But things got messed up and now I can't get the original back (meaning a high resolution desktop on the laptop). What went wrong? How is it possible that the server always gets stuck at the line: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ElJavi
1 Replies

5. Solaris

screen resolution

how to change screen resolution in CDE prompt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
2 Replies

6. Linux

How to change screen Resolution?

Dear all I install Cent OS 5.5 ( Linux OS), with bshell and also Windows OS on the my laptop (ASUA) maximum screen resolution in Windows OS is 1024*760 but in Cent OS 5.5 is 800 *600, I have a program that is necessary to install on Cent OS and I have problem with other Linux distributions... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkhorami76
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Screen Resolution

Hi all. I have a very peculiar problem in Solaris 10. The output of the m64config -prconf command with regards the Card Adapter is the following. Card possible resolutions: 720x400x85, 640x480x60, 640x480x72, 640x480x75 800x600x56, 800x600x60, 800x600x72, 800x600x75, 1024x768x60 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lynxman
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Screen Resolution Persistence Problem: RHEL 6.3

Good morning everyone, I have been having screen resolution issues with RHEL 6.3. Our current setup is a laptop connected to a KVM/IP server. This is the desired scenario: RHEL laptop Windows XP laptop KVM/IP server The RHEL laptop has the file /etc/gdm/Init/Default populated with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rchaud10
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cant log in from external monitor on laptop with broken screen.

Hello. I am installing Kali Linux on a laptop with no monitor. The installation goes fine through the external monitor and I can see the GRUB menu on boot, but once it comes time to log in it acts like my non existant laptop screen is my main monitor to type my login info on while my external is... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: debpleb293
14 Replies
LM-PROFILER(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    LM-PROFILER(8)

NAME
/usr/sbin/lm-profiler - laptop mode profiler SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/lm-profiler DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the /usr/sbin/lm-profiler command. lm-profiler is a tool for profiling disk operations. It is a part of laptop mode tools and is useful only in relation to rest of laptop mode tools. It helps you to detect programs and services that use up system resources and that cause disk activity, and it allows you to disable them when laptop mode is active. When you start lm-profiler, it will execute a "profiling run", which can take some time. Start lm-profiler when you are working on batter- ies, preferably, because that will allow it to analyze the actual situation that it is supposed to optimize. During the profiling run, you can use your system normally; however, any disk activity caused by your actions will end up in the profiler's results. When the profiling run is finished, you will be presented with a list of programs that deserve your attention, either because they listen on a network (which is not usually useful when you are working offline) or because they caused disk activity in a disk-spindown-unfriendly pattern. When lm- profiler can guess an init script that belongs to a program, it presents you with the opportunity to disable the program when you are work- ing on battery. It does this by placing a link to the init script in /etc/laptop-mode/batt-stop. Any programs that lm-profiler cannot find an init script for is simply reported, so that you can stop the program manually if you want to. WARNING ABOUT DISABLING PROGRAMS: It may not be safe to disable some programs. They may be needed for proper operation of your system. Dis- able services only if you know what they do and why you don't need them. FILES
/etc/lm-profiler.conf lm-profiler retrieves its profiling rules from this file. SEE ALSO
lm-profiler.conf(8). laptop-mode.conf(8). daemons.conf(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bart Samwel (bart@samwel.tk) and Jan Polacek (jerome@ucw.cz) for the Debian system (but may be used by oth- ers). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. LM-PROFILER(8)