Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problems passing strings within an array Post 302780067 by Corona688 on Wednesday 13th of March 2013 06:36:03 PM
Old 03-13-2013
This is the actual problem:

Code:
killall $i

Code:
killall "$i" # Prevent variable with spaces from splitting

Though really, I think your program could be rewritten as
Code:
killall "${apps[@]}"

People are understandably leery of 'killall', since on some other systems it has a far more, shall we say, literal meaning.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange parameter passing problems (KSH)

Hi all, I'm having a rather peculiar problem involving parameter passing with declared functions in my shell script. Hope to get some advice here. A brief description of my code is as follows: However, I'm not getting the results I wanted. If I pass in $rdir, I'm going to end up... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing strings as arguments

Is it possible to pass a string as an argument from the command line? I know I can pass a word in but can I put a line of text in with spaces and fullstops or do I just put it in brackets or quotes so the compiler can differinate between the first argument and the second. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iago
1 Replies

3. Programming

array of strings

Hi I need a better idea to implementing following in my code. I need to store 80 long strings that will be used to display one by one in my GUI application. now i am storing those 80 long string in following two dimentational array. uchar vpn_alm_long_str={ } each index will be an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidcreston
1 Replies

4. Programming

Passing by value a char array

Hi I am passing or want to pass value of a char array, so that even thoug the called routine is changing the values the calling function should not see the values changed, meaning only copy should be passed Here is the program #include<iostream.h> #include<string.h> void f(char a); int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkraj
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing line into array

I am doing a shell script in ksh. I have an output from grep that goes something like this: wordIWasLookingFor anotherWordIWasLookingFor yetAnotherWordIWasLookingFor I want to toss each line into an array such that: myArray = wordIWasLookingFor myArray = anotherWordIWasLookingFor... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Array to awk

I'm trying to use the following command: awk -v array1=${array1} -f "filename.awk" input.txt Then within filename.awk I want to access array1. However, awk mistakes array1 (the third element of the array) for the input file. How I can pass awk this array? It also appears that awk scripts... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: B-Ry
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing full path as argument when it contains variable strings

Hi, In directory "inoutfiles", I have folders fold0001, fold0002 and so on. Every folder has corresponding file file0001.txt, file0002.txt and so on. I want to perform a certain action on multiple files in one go. The cpp file is in the same directory as "inoutfiles". This is my code : ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: KidD312
0 Replies

8. Programming

Passing full path as argument when it contains variable strings

Hi, In directory "inoutfiles", I have folders fold0001, fold0002 and so on. Every folder has corresponding file file0001.txt, file0002.txt and so on. I want to perform a certain action on multiple files in one go. The cpp file is in the same directory as "inoutfiles". This is my code : ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KidD312
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Passing An Array

Good grief so this should be easy. Passing an array as an argument to a function. Here is the sample code: #/bin/bash function foo { local p1=${1} local p2=(${2}) local p3=${3} echo p1 is $p1 echo p2 is $p2 echo p3 is $p3 } d1=data1 d2=data2 a=(bat bar baz) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brsett
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems passing shell arguments to perl

Semi-newbie, so flame throwers to 'singe-only', please. ;-) I have a large number of (say) .html files, where I'd like to do a recursive in-place search and replace a particular string. The following bit of perl works fine: perl -pi -e 's/oldstring/newstring/g' `find ./ -name *.html` ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnny_canucl
2 Replies
GLARRAYELEMENT(3G)														GLARRAYELEMENT(3G)

NAME
glArrayElement - render a vertex using the specified vertex array element C SPECIFICATION
void glArrayElement( GLint i ) PARAMETERS
i Specifies an index into the enabled vertex data arrays. DESCRIPTION
glArrayElement commands are used within glBegin/glEnd pairs to specify vertex and attribute data for point, line, and polygon primitives. If GL_VERTEX_ARRAY is enabled when glArrayElement is called, a single vertex is drawn, using vertex and attribute data taken from location i of the enabled arrays. If GL_VERTEX_ARRAY is not enabled, no drawing occurs but the attributes corresponding to the enabled arrays are modified. Use glArrayElement to construct primitives by indexing vertex data, rather than by streaming through arrays of data in first-to-last order. Because each call specifies only a single vertex, it is possible to explicitly specify per-primitive attributes such as a single normal per individual triangle. Changes made to array data between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd may affect calls to glArrayElement that are made within the same glBegin/glEnd period in non-sequential ways. That is, a call to glArrayElement that precedes a change to array data may access the changed data, and a call that follows a change to array data may access original data. NOTES
glArrayElement is available only if the GL version is 1.1 or greater. glArrayElement is included in display lists. If glArrayElement is entered into a display list, the necessary array data (determined by the array pointers and enables) is also entered into the display list. Because the array pointers and enables are client-side state, their val- ues affect display lists when the lists are created, not when the lists are executed. SEE ALSO
glClientActiveTextureARB, glColorPointer, glDrawArrays, glEdgeFlagPointer, glGetPointerv, glIndexPointer, glInterleavedArrays, glNormalPointer, glTexCoordPointer, glVertexPointer GLARRAYELEMENT(3G)