Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Nohup not returns to the prompt Post 302779799 by pandeesh on Wednesday 13th of March 2013 11:17:12 AM
Old 03-13-2013
It's working. But what makes the difference and how it works?

Thanks,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script returns prompt

Hi, I am trying to create a script that will loop through my oratab file and pull out the instance name. Here is script: for instance in $(cat /etc/oratab|egrep ':N|:Y'|grep -v \*|grep -v \#|cut -f1 -d':') do ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kburrows
3 Replies

2. Programming

inet_addr() returns 0

Im trying to connect to a particular IP address and I'm tying to use gethostbyaddr() and inet_addr() to do this. However, when I tried using inet_addr(), I always get a return value of 0 when I tried to connect to "172.21.16.238". Hope someone here could help me on this. I already tried using inet_... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soulfactory2002
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep without returns...

Is there a command where I can pipe my grep into it and it will output it with spaces rather than returns? Example I want to turn prompt$ grep blah file blah blah into this prompt$ grep blah file | someCommand blah blah (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep returns nothing

Hi all, I am trying to grep a .txt file for a word. When I hit enter, it returns back to $ The file is 4155402 in size and is named in this way: *_eveningtimes_done_log.txt I use this command, being in the same directory as the file: grep -i "invalid" *_eveningtimes_done_log.txt ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculation returns no value

#/bin/sh ..... #convert memory to MB let "mmsize_a= ($mmsize)/256" let "mminuse_a= ($mminuse)/256" let "mmfree_a= ($mmsize_a -$mminuse_a)" let "mmfreepercent= (($mmfree_a)/($mmsize_a))*100" # #format output echo "\n\n######################" >>$sndFile echo "\n$sysName Total Memory usage"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Change the % prompt to - prompt in UNIX?

how to Change the % prompt to - prompt in unix :wall: ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 AM ---------- How To display the last modification time of any file in unix ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:40 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Saving nohup output to a file other than nohup.out

Shell : bash OS : Oracle Linux 6.4 I want to save the ouput of a nohup command to file other than nohup.out . Below are my 3 attempts. For both Attempt1 and Attempt2 , the redirection logs the output correctly to the output file. But I get the error "ignoring input and redirecting stderr to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi, on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in function returns value

Hi, I need to return a value from the function. the value will be the output from cat command which uses random fucntion. #!/bin/ksh hello() { var1=$(`cat /dev/urandom| tr -dc 'a-zA-Z0-9-!%&()*+,-/:;<=>?_'|fold -w 10 | head -n 1`) echo "value is" var1 return var1 } hello var=$?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function Returns

I'm having a little trouble returning a value from a function or calling it, I'm not quite sure. I'm calling the function here function region_lookup_with_details { results = $(set_region) echo $results } This is the function I'm calling function set_region { ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: akechnie
8 Replies
pnmpsnr(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   pnmpsnr(1)

NAME
pnmpsnr - compute the difference between two portable anymaps SYNOPSIS
pnmpsnr [pnmfile1] [pnmfile2] DESCRIPTION
Reads two PBM, PGM, or PPM files, or PAM equivalents, as input. Prints the peak signal-to-noise ratio (PSNR) difference between the two images. This metric is typically used in image compression papers to rate the distortion between original and decoded image. If the inputs are PBM or PGM, pnmpsnr prints the PSNR of the luminance only. Otherwise, it prints the separate PSNRs of the luminance, and chrominance (Cb and Cr) components of the colors. The PSNR of a given component is the ratio of the mean square difference of the component for the two images to the maximum mean square difference that can exist betwee any two images. It is expressed as a decibel value. The mean square difference of a component for two images is the mean square difference of the component value, comparing each pixel with the pixel in the same position of the other image. For the purposes of this computation, components are normalized to the scale [0..1]. The maximum mean square difference is identically 1. So the higher the PSNR, the closer the images are. A luminance PSNR of 20 means the mean square difference of the luminances of the pixels is 100 times less than the maximum possible difference, i.e. 0.01. SEE ALSO
pnm(5) 04 March 2001 pnmpsnr(1)