Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sorting rows to columns
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sorting rows to columns Post 302779719 by AAWT on Wednesday 13th of March 2013 09:02:19 AM
Old 03-13-2013
thanks Pamu,
thanks RudiC, its also work fine,
yes, its exactly what I need,Smilie
thanks a lot
Regards

Last edited by AAWT; 03-13-2013 at 10:23 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting based on columns

Hi, I want a list of entries in 3 space delimited columns. I want to sort entries based on the very first column. Rows can't be changed. For example: If I have... Abc Abc Acc Bca Bda Bdd Cab Cab Cbc Dbc Dca Dda Abc Abc Acc the output should be... Abc Abc Acc Abc Abc Acc Bca... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileUser
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sorting of varchar columns

Hi , I need to sort a file based on multiple columns All the columns are of varchar type can any one give me the command to sort for varchar columns? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi131
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vertical sorting of columns

Please help to sort columns in this file: a b d f c e 1 4 10 16 7 13 2 5 11 17 8 14 3 6 12 18 9 15 I need to sort COLUMNS (so sort command doesn't work) like this: a b c d e f 1 4 7 10 13 16 2 5 8 11 14 17 3 6 9 12 15 18 I know sed can do it but don't know how... :( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: coppuca
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting and adding columns

i have a file with two columns, and i want to uniquely sort the values in fist column and add the corresponding values in the second columns eg file a contents tom 200 john 300 sow 500 tom 800 james 50 sow 300 output shpould be in file b as tom 1000 john 300 sow 800 james 50 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dealerso
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in sorting multiple columns

Hello all, I am using printf to print the sorted o/p in my script.I am trying to sort in following way but doesn't work. printf "%13s %2s UDP %15s:%s Program %4s HD: %23s HD: %23s %10s %s %s %3s days %3s hours\n" $encoder $i "${ipaddr}" ${portno} ${progno} ${inres} ${outres} ${inrate}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramman
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kindly Help regarding sorting a file rows

Dear All, I have a file name exporting.txt. Below is the content. $ cat exporting.txt . . exporting table DT_BCD 63716 rows exported . . exporting table DT_CVD 36321 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudiptabhaskar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all the fields(columns) from a .csv file if all rows in that columns are blanks

Hi Friends, I have come across some files where some of the columns don not have data. Key, Data1,Data2,Data3,Data4,Data5 A,5,6,,10,, A,3,4,,3,, B,1,,4,5,, B,2,,3,4,, If we see the above data on Data5 column do not have any row got filled. So remove only that column(Here Data5) and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluate 2 columns, add sum IF two columns match on two rows

Hi all, I know this sounds suspiciously like a homework course; but, it is not. My goal is to take a file, and match my "ID" column to the "Date" column, if those conditions are true, add the total number of minutes worked and place it in this file, while not printing the original rows that I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtucker6784
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting by columns

Hi, I have a tab delimited columnar file where I want to remove lines wherever two particular columns match. so for this file, I want to toss the lines where columns 1 and 2 match: a a 1 3 a b 2 4 b b 3 5 because there are matches column 1 and 2 in lines 1 and 3, I would like a script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikey11415
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 csv files by columns, then extract certain columns of matcing rows

Hi all, I'm pretty much a newbie to UNIX. I would appreciate any help with UNIX coding on comparing two large csv files (greater than 10 GB in size), and output a file with matching columns. I want to compare file1 and file2 by 'id' and 'chain' columns, then extract exact matching rows'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkane3
5 Replies
privgrp(5)							File Formats Manual							privgrp(5)

NAME
privgrp - HP-UX group privileges DESCRIPTION
HP-UX allows subletting of limited superuser-like privileges to all users or to members of a particular group or groups. This capability is deprecated and only existing applications should use it. The newer fine-grained privilege facilities described in privileges(5) should be used by new applications. The header defines the following symbolic privilege names: and All but one of the group privileges are supported as fine-grained privileges and described in privileges(5). The one group privilege not supported as a fine-grained privilege is: Permits the use of the and system calls for changing respectively the real user ID and real group ID of a process (see setuid(2)). This behavior of is deprecated and only legacy applications should use it. Newer applications should use and respec- tively, to achieve the same effect. (No special privileges required.) The header defines two additional symbolic constants: defines the maximum number of groups with special privileges. Of this maximum, one is reserved for global privileges (granted to all processes) and the remainder can be assigned to actual group IDs. defines the size of the multi-word mask used in defining privileges associated with a group ID. The and commands and the and system calls may be used to define and query the privilege group associations. The group privileges are automatically initialized from the contents of (see privgrp(4)) at boot time. WARNINGS
This mechanism is deprecated and only legacy applications should use it. See privileges(5) for a description of fine-grained privileges. SEE ALSO
getprivgrp(1), setprivgrp(1M), chown(2), getprivgrp(2), lockf(2), mpctl(2), plock(2), pset_create(2), rtprio(2), rtsched(2), serialize(2), setgid(2), setuid(2), shmctl(2), privgrp(4), privileges(5). privgrp(5)