Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Regarding PUTTY
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Regarding PUTTY Post 302779703 by workforsiva on Wednesday 13th of March 2013 08:49:50 AM
Old 03-13-2013
Regarding PUTTY

Hello Forum members

There is no any time parameter on putty so how can I stay my putty ssh session always Alive? So please reply to my querry. I am looking forward from Forum.

Advance Thanks
Siva.

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 03-13-2013 at 10:20 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

PuTTY 0.59

On my opinion, one of the best ssh/telnet clients for windows, putty released a new version: Get it here, PuTTY 0.59 - PuTTY can now connect to local serial ports as well as making network connections. - Improved speed of SSH, particularly SSH-2 key exchange and public-key authentication -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putty

i am connecting to a unix-application using putty (xp). sometime, it is as if the putty is sending a form-feed char, because i am getting a blank screen, and by back scrolling i see the previous screen with all the related data. if i am using the xp-telnet, i get the screen/data correctly. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mifa-system
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PuTTY TITLE

Is it possible to set the PuTTY title to show the current hostname of the terminal opened? I meant to say I would be rlogin between servers, that should be updated in PuTTTY title ? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ./hari.sh
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Putty session

Dear all, We have a practice of getting user's passwords expired after 60 days and a strong password policy. When a user tries to enter a password which is not compliant to the policy which is set putty exists without giving any feedback to the user. Below is something i captured from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: earlysame55
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't login through putty

I am changing root password by passwd. Now I can directly log into the system but I can not log in using puttytel. It will show an error "Incorrect Password":rolleyes: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arrs
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putty script

i was having problem on unix command.here's my script set server_exe="C:\filecopy\putty.exe" %server_exe% sgxaspecs3@sporc01 -pw pit54321 -b c:\filecopy\file_sporc01putfiles2.txt echo "file uploaded to SFTP Server" pause ok the thing is like this, i could login to putty by running this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dannyd_y
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK in Putty

I am a beginner with shell script and AWK. I use PUTTY to write shell script. Can I create new AWK script using vi command? I tried sample.awk. But everytime I open this file, the file does not retain anything I typed in. Also, once AWK program is written, how do I execute it? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sangtha
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help for PuTTy.

I'm using PuTTY to establish a SSH connection to a remote UNIX machine. I need to fetch a file from the remote system into my local Windows system. Is it possible? If yes, how can I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agnivaccent
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

putty and Redhat

Hi, I use putty and vncviewer on XP to get screen form the RH Enterprise ws 6.0 . Although it has high quality of graphics scrolling down leads to blinks on screen which is annoying while using EDA design tools. Is there anyway to utilize putty (with some extra tool) so that EDA design tool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: titanic
2 Replies

10. Solaris

getting to the ok prompt from putty

Hello, I am connected to my sunblade 1500 using putty. I am trying to do an installation from putty. Which command do I give to get to the ok prompt? Thanks for your help. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
10 Replies
sys_attrs_atm(5)						File Formats Manual						  sys_attrs_atm(5)

NAME
sys_attrs_atm, sys_attrs_atmilmi3x, sys_attrs_atmip, sys_attrs_atmuni, sys_attrs_lane, sys_attrs_uni3x - Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) subsystem attributes DESCRIPTION
This reference page lists and describes attributes for the following Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) kernel subsystems: Base ATM support (atm) ATM Forum Integrated Layer Management Interface (atmilmi3x) Classical IP services (atmip) ATM Forum signaling and Integrated Layer Management Interface support (atmuni) ATM Forum LAN Emulation (lane) ATM Forum signaling (uni3x) Refer to the sys_attrs(5) reference page for an introduction to the topic of kernel subsystem attributes. atm Kernel Subsystem This section lists and describes attributes for the base ATM (atm) kernel subsystem. The percentage of each ATM driver's total interface bandwidth that is available to constant bit rate (CBR) circuits in the backward or incoming direction. Use the atmconfig command to set this limit on a per-driver basis. Default value: 10 (percent) Minimum value: 0 Maximum value: 100 The level of verbosity for messages displayed by the ATM Connection Management Module (CMM). If the value is greater than -1, it overrides the value of the global_msg_level attribute. Subsystem Message Level Values lists the attribute values and their meaning. Default value: -1 (use global_msg_level value) Minimum value: -1 Maximum value: 2 The percentage of each ATM driver's total interface bandwidth that is available to constant bit rate (CBR) circuits in the forward or outgoing direction. Use the atmconfig command to set this limit on a per-driver basis. Default value: 10 (percent) Minimum value: 0 Maximum value: 100 The level of verbosity for messages displayed by all components in the ATM subsystem. Subsystem Message Level Values lists the attribute values and their meaning. Default value: 0 (normal message level) Minimum value: 0 Maximum value: 2 The number of seconds after which unused reserved resources are revoked via an ATM_CME_RESV_EXPIRE exception notification. Do not modify the default setting for this attribute unless instructed to do so by Compaq Computer Corporation support personnel or by patch kit documentation. Default value: 30 (seconds) Minimum value: 0 Maximum value: 3000 The percentage of each ATM driver's total interface bandwidth that is available to constant bit rate (CBR) circuits in the backward or incoming and forward or outgoing direction. Use the atmconfig command to set this limit on a per-driver basis. Default value: 0 (percent) Minimum value: 0 Maximum value: 100 atmilmi3x Kernel Subsystem This section lists and describes attributes for the ATM Forum Integrated Layer Management Interface (atmilmi3x) kernel subsystem. The level of verbosity for messages displayed by the ATMILMI3X subsystem. If the value is greater than -1, it overrides the value of the global_msg_level attribute. Subsystem Message Level Values lists the attribute values and their meaning. Default value: -1 (use global_msg_level value) Minimum value: -1 Maximum value: 2 atmip Kernel Subsystem This section lists and describes attributes for the Classical IP services (atmip) kernel subsystem. The level of verbosity for messages displayed by the ATMIP subsystem. If the value is greater than -1, it overrides the value of the global_msg_level attribute. Subsystem Message Level Values lists the attribute values and their meaning. Default value: -1 (use global_msg_level value) Minimum value: -1 Maximum value: 2 atmuni Kernel Subsystem This section lists and describes attributes for the ATM Forum signaling and Integrated Layer Management Interface support (atmuni) kernel subsystem. The level of verbosity for messages displayed by the ATMUNI subsystem. If the value is greater than -1, it overrides the value of the global_msg_level attribute. Subsystem Message Level Values lists the attribute values and their meaning. Default value: -1 (use global_msg_level value) Minimum value: -1 Maximum value: 2 lane Kernel Subsystem This section lists and describes attributes for the ATM Forum LAN Emulation (lane) kernel subsystem. The number of LE_ARP hash table buckets. The LE_ARP table is used in resolving Ethernet MAC addresses into ATM addresses. Default value: 64 (buckets) Minimum value: 16 Maximum value: 512 The level of verbosity for messages displayed by the LANE subsystem. If the value is greater than -1, it overrides the value of the global_msg_level attribute. Subsystem Message Level Values lists the attribute values and their meaning. Default value: -1 (use global_msg_level value) Minimum value: -1 Maximum value: 2 The maximum number of emulated LANs that you can configure on a system. The maximum number is determined by the number of End System Identifiers (ESIs) available on the system. Default value: 4 (ELANs) Minimum value: 0 Maximum value: 64 uni3x Kernel Subsystem This section lists and describes attributes for the ATM Forum signaling (uni3x) kernel subsystem. The maximum number of ATM adapters that can use ATM signaling. If you increase the default value, you increase the amount kernel memory required by the ATM subsystem. Default value: 16 (adapters) Minimum value: 1 Maximum value: 64 The maximum number of ATM connections (SVCs) allowed by the system. If you increase the default value, you increase the amount ker- nel memory required by the ATM subsystem. Default value: 4096 (connections) Minimum value: 16 Maximum value: 262144 The maximum number of point-to-multipoint ATM connections allowed by the system. If you increase the default value, you increase the amount kernel memory required by the ATM subsystem. Default value: 1024 (connections) Minimum value: 16 Maximum value: 262144 The maxiumum number of parties (endpoints) allowed on a point-to-multipoint virtual circuit (VC). Default value: 32768 (endpoints) Minimum value: 1 Maximum value: 32768 The number of ticks per second of the signaling module timers. If you increase this value, you achieve better precision, but with greater processor overhead. Default value: 10 (ticks per second), or 100-millisecond resolution Minimum value: 2 Maximum value: 100 The level of verbosity for messages displayed by the UNI3X subsystem. If the value is greater than -1, it overrides the value of the global_msg_level attribute. Subsystem Message Level Values lists the attribute values and their meaning. Default value: -1 (use global_msg_level value) Minimum value: -1 Maximum value: 2 Subsystem Message Level Values This section lists the valid values for setting the message level for the atm, atmilmi3x, atmip, atmuni, lane, and uni3x kernel subsystems. Normal message level. Displays subsystem initialization messages, important state changes, and significant error conditions. This is the default level for the global_msg_level configuration attribute. Informational level. In addition to information displayed at the previous level, displays messages for normal virtual circuit (VC) release events, transient errors, and signaling and ILMI state changes. Verbose level. In addition to information displayed at the previous level, displays detailed information on connection failures, state changes, and unexpected events that is needed for diagnosing ATM problems. SEE ALSO
sys_attrs(5), atmconfig(8) Asynchronous Transfer Mode sys_attrs_atm(5)