Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sorting rows to columns
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sorting rows to columns Post 302779693 by pamu on Wednesday 13th of March 2013 08:38:51 AM
Old 03-13-2013
With some assumptions..

Code:
$ awk '{for(i=1;i<=length($2);i+=7){print $1,substr($2,i,7)}}' file

AT4560 GO:1289
AT4560 GO:8915
AT4560 GO:9243
AT4560 GO:5739
AT4560 GO:6757
AT4560 GO:9245
AT4560 GO:9507

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting based on columns

Hi, I want a list of entries in 3 space delimited columns. I want to sort entries based on the very first column. Rows can't be changed. For example: If I have... Abc Abc Acc Bca Bda Bdd Cab Cab Cbc Dbc Dca Dda Abc Abc Acc the output should be... Abc Abc Acc Abc Abc Acc Bca... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileUser
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sorting of varchar columns

Hi , I need to sort a file based on multiple columns All the columns are of varchar type can any one give me the command to sort for varchar columns? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi131
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vertical sorting of columns

Please help to sort columns in this file: a b d f c e 1 4 10 16 7 13 2 5 11 17 8 14 3 6 12 18 9 15 I need to sort COLUMNS (so sort command doesn't work) like this: a b c d e f 1 4 7 10 13 16 2 5 8 11 14 17 3 6 9 12 15 18 I know sed can do it but don't know how... :( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: coppuca
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting and adding columns

i have a file with two columns, and i want to uniquely sort the values in fist column and add the corresponding values in the second columns eg file a contents tom 200 john 300 sow 500 tom 800 james 50 sow 300 output shpould be in file b as tom 1000 john 300 sow 800 james 50 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dealerso
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in sorting multiple columns

Hello all, I am using printf to print the sorted o/p in my script.I am trying to sort in following way but doesn't work. printf "%13s %2s UDP %15s:%s Program %4s HD: %23s HD: %23s %10s %s %s %3s days %3s hours\n" $encoder $i "${ipaddr}" ${portno} ${progno} ${inres} ${outres} ${inrate}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramman
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kindly Help regarding sorting a file rows

Dear All, I have a file name exporting.txt. Below is the content. $ cat exporting.txt . . exporting table DT_BCD 63716 rows exported . . exporting table DT_CVD 36321 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudiptabhaskar
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all the fields(columns) from a .csv file if all rows in that columns are blanks

Hi Friends, I have come across some files where some of the columns don not have data. Key, Data1,Data2,Data3,Data4,Data5 A,5,6,,10,, A,3,4,,3,, B,1,,4,5,, B,2,,3,4,, If we see the above data on Data5 column do not have any row got filled. So remove only that column(Here Data5) and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Evaluate 2 columns, add sum IF two columns match on two rows

Hi all, I know this sounds suspiciously like a homework course; but, it is not. My goal is to take a file, and match my "ID" column to the "Date" column, if those conditions are true, add the total number of minutes worked and place it in this file, while not printing the original rows that I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtucker6784
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting by columns

Hi, I have a tab delimited columnar file where I want to remove lines wherever two particular columns match. so for this file, I want to toss the lines where columns 1 and 2 match: a a 1 3 a b 2 4 b b 3 5 because there are matches column 1 and 2 in lines 1 and 3, I would like a script to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikey11415
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 csv files by columns, then extract certain columns of matcing rows

Hi all, I'm pretty much a newbie to UNIX. I would appreciate any help with UNIX coding on comparing two large csv files (greater than 10 GB in size), and output a file with matching columns. I want to compare file1 and file2 by 'id' and 'chain' columns, then extract exact matching rows'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkane3
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)