Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Query about node activity
Special Forums IP Networking Query about node activity Post 302779303 by DGPickett on Tuesday 12th of March 2013 12:49:45 PM
Old 03-12-2013
Not in any standard way. You can get a tool that goes promiscuous on your LAN and watch it all go by, but there is no spec to save anything, just transfer. You can get some idea of who talks to who, locally, if you query arp cache, but that is different on every OS. Firewalls and proxy servers can log all activity passing through them, not entire messages but packet headers.
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Disk activity

I'm new on UNIX and i want to display the LV NAME, LPs, PPs, DISTRIBUTION, MOUNT POINT but i don't know what is the command. Thanks, Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tovohery
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

4. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Accessing one UNIX node from another node of the same server

Hi Experts, I am in need of running a script from one node say node 1 via node 2. My scheduling tool dont have access to node2 , so i need to invoke the list file from node1 but the script needs to run from node2. because the server to which i am hitting, is having access only for the node... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun1377
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

Mount FIle systems from node-1 onto node-2

Hi, We have HP UX service guard cluster on OS 11.23. Recently 40+ LUNs presented to both nodes by SAN team but I was asked to mount them on only one node. I created required VGs/LVs, created VxFS and mounted all of them and they are working fine. Now client requested those FS on 2nd node as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies
XPath::NodeSet(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 XPath::NodeSet(3)

NAME
XML::XPath::NodeSet - a list of XML document nodes DESCRIPTION
An XML::XPath::NodeSet object contains an ordered list of nodes. The nodes each take the same format as described in XML::XPath::XMLParser. SYNOPSIS
my $results = $xp->find('//someelement'); if (!$results->isa('XML::XPath::NodeSet')) { print "Found $results "; exit; } foreach my $context ($results->get_nodelist) { my $newresults = $xp->find('./other/element', $context); ... } API
new() You will almost never have to create a new NodeSet object, as it is all done for you by XPath. get_nodelist() Returns a list of nodes. See XML::XPath::XMLParser for the format of the nodes. string_value() Returns the string-value of the first node in the list. See the XPath specification for what "string-value" means. to_literal() Returns the concatenation of all the string-values of all the nodes in the list. get_node($pos) Returns the node at $pos. The node position in XPath is based at 1, not 0. size() Returns the number of nodes in the NodeSet. pop() Equivalent to perl's pop function. push(@nodes) Equivalent to perl's push function. append($nodeset) Given a nodeset, appends the list of nodes in $nodeset to the end of the current list. shift() Equivalent to perl's shift function. unshift(@nodes) Equivalent to perl's unshift function. prepend($nodeset) Given a nodeset, prepends the list of nodes in $nodeset to the front of the current list. perl v5.18.2 2002-09-02 XPath::NodeSet(3)