Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX [Howto] Update AIX in HACMP cluster-nodes Post 302779233 by DGPickett on Tuesday 12th of March 2013 11:30:17 AM
Old 03-12-2013
It is sad the HA version n+ cannot discover and talk to version n as well as, when available, version n+. Backward compatability is a pretty common theme in the industry for many decades. They were sloppy in their requirements? No message version in the messaging?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Howto upgrade AIX to Level Update 4320-02_AIX_ML

Hi, Installing a new version of PROGRESS DB software 9.1c requires us to upgrade AIX to Level Update 4320-02_AIX_ML ( http://techweb.progress.com/kbase/19779 ) How would a do this savely. This is what i have already. 1) take a system backup. 2) find the level we are on right now. #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: progressdll
1 Replies

2. AIX

Aix hacmp cluster question (oracle & sap)

Hello, I was wondering if I have 3 nodes (A, B, C) all configured to startup with HACMP, but I would like to configure HACMP in such a way: 1) Node B should startup first. After the cluster successfully starts up and mounts all the filesystems, then 2) Node A, and Node C should startup ! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
4 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Rebooting 3 to 1 Cluster nodes.

hello Gurus, My current set up is 3 to 1 Cluster (SUN Cluster 3.2) running oracle database. Task is to reboot the servers. My query is about the procedure to do the same. My understanding is suspend the databases to avoid switchover. Then execute the command scshutdown to down the cluster... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script on HACMP nodes?

Hello All, Anybody knows how can I run script on the AIX HACMP offline node, without logon a offline node? I would like to run a script on the online node and at same time or after the online node on the offline node. Any IDEA? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalaso
3 Replies

5. AIX

Make system backup for 2 nodes HACMP cluster

Hi all, I was wondering if someone direct me in how to Make system backup for 2 nodes HACMP cluster ( system image ) . What are the consideration for this task (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
3 Replies

6. Solaris

What is the procedure to reboot cluster nodes

Hi we have 2 solaris 10 servers in veritas cluster. also we have oracle cluster on the database end. now we have a requirement to reboot both the servers as it has been running for more than a year. can any one tell what is the procedure to bring down the cluster services in both the nodes... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
7 Replies

7. AIX

Re-cluster 2 HACMP 5.2 nodes

Hi, A customer I'm supporting once upon a time broke their 2 cluster node database servers so they could use the 2nd standby node for something else. Now sometime later they want to bring the 2nd node back into the cluster for resilance. Problem is there are now 3 VG's that have been set-up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elcounto
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Arbitrator for 2 nodes ocfs cluster

Is there any way to create a arbitrary node for ocfs2 on a virtual machine (others are physical servers) so it won't go panic when one of physical server goes down? This is for load balanced application servers. Any setting example or tips? Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: malayo
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

RedHat Cluster: Nodes won't see each other

Hi All; I try to build a Redhat Cluster (CentOS 6) on vmware. But each node sees the other down like: # clustat Cluster Status for mycluster @ Wed Apr 8 11:01:38 2015 Member Status: Quorate Member Name ID Status ------ ---- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meacham12
1 Replies

10. AIX

HACMP - two nodes - take too long to sync

HI Admin, I have running 2 node HACMP cluster- AIX 6.1. I just set it up. It does sync completely without any errors. But it take too long to sync. More than 30 mins... any reasons? Where can I start looking into ? Same network, same Subnet (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
1 Replies
cmdo(1m)																  cmdo(1m)

NAME
cmdo - Execute process on multiple remote Serviceguard nodes. SYNOPSIS
cmdo [[-n node_name]...] [-t timeout] command DESCRIPTION
cmdo will execute a process on a multiple remote Serviceguard nodes and return any output or return value. cmdo is limited in several ways. cmdo is best suited for situations where other remote execution facilities are not available. For a more full featured tool for remote execution within a cluster, see cexec(1m) provided by Distributed Systems Administration Utilities. To use this command, the local user must have the root access role on each of the involved nodes. For more information on Serviceguard access control policies, see the manual, Managing Serviceguard. To use the cmdo command without specifying -n options, the local node must be configured into a Serviceguard cluster. If no -n options are specified, the command will be executed on all available nodes in the cluster. The command will be executed in an environment which matches the local node. All environment variables defined locally will be available on the remote node. Output from stderr and stdout for the remote process will be combined and delivered in one transmission. This command should not be used for interactive commands or commands which will return large quantities of output. Output from each node will be displayed sequentially as the operation is executed on each remote node. Input via stdin is not supported. Killing the cmdo process does not stop any remote executions of the command. cmdo should not be used on any command which may hang without specifying a timeout value. Options And Arguments -t timeout Kill the executed command if it does not exit within the specified timeout (in seconds) -n node_name Serviceguard node to execute command on. If no -n options are specified, all the nodes configured in the cluster are used. command Command to execute on remote node. May be quoted. RETURN VALUE
cmdo returns the following values: 0 Successful completed on all nodes. >0 Command failed on one or more nodes with the specified exit value. EXAMPLES
Execute an 'ls' in a remote directory on all nodes within the cluster. cmdo ls /tmp Execute an 'ls' in a remote directory on two nodes not configured within a Serviceguard cluster. cmdo -n node1 -n node2 ls /tmp AUTHOR
cmdo was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cexec(1m), cmcp(1m), cmexec(1m), cmsync(1m), cmquerycl(1m), cmviewcl(1m) Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmdo(1m)