Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Guide me in the right direction to develop application for UNIX/Linux Post 302779009 by balajesuri on Tuesday 12th of March 2013 03:28:29 AM
Old 03-12-2013
You may start learning bash scripting from The Linux Documentation Project.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix develop environment

hi! i am Carlos i study @ UABC (Autonomy University of Baja California)... i have a final project.... i need to make a presentation of the new... unix develop environment... but... i have some problems with that.... could you tell me something to help me? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nx GT-R
0 Replies

2. HP-UX

how could find HP UX application develop library

if I would like to develop application on HP UX ,where can I serarch the library and API ,like develop windows application with MSDN thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help to develop a new application

Hi all, I am a beginner in advanced unix and just i finished my course in that so now I want to develop an application using advanced unix concepts and middleware technology, so that i can gain an initial working knowledge. Kindly give me a suggestion of what i can develop. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyuk
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New to UNIX and Linux... need a guide

I want to know about UNIX and Linux. I have Windows7 installed and I would like to know how to start ie 1 softwares needed 2 hardware changes if any 3 any emulator or virtual machine if needed 4 useful links for installation 5 links for study material. Please provide a step by step... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ArpitRaj
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for application that simplifies for non techie people accessing unix/linux env

Hello all I searched the net but didn't found any application that wrap ssh connection with GUI interface so that non techie people can connect to unix/linux accounts and work with files , so it will looks like there familiar Microsoft windows directory structure . Please don't answer with ..... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check if an application has been installed on a unix/linux box?

hi, guys, now I face a problem. I have developed an application, and when it starts, it shall check if an application has been installed on the running linux/unix. If result is positive, i do something with the application command. just as an example: I want to check if sshd has been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk1418
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to Develop a LINUX macro?

Hi Experts, i would like to get your help to do some development to the below linux commands which i run under .cmd file in windows @echo off call f:\linuxutils\grep.exe "T11" f:\blocked_ranges\dump3.txt|f:\linuxutils\grep.exe ",9647800"|f:\linuxutils\grep.exe... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mustafa.abdulsa
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Management application user rights on the files in a Unix / Linux

good evening .. I have a plea, who I can help me with a management application user rights on the files in a Unix / Linux I need for college .. .. and not told us no clue .. thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex90
1 Replies
PAM_AUTHENTICATE(3)					     App. Programmers' Manual					       PAM_AUTHENTICATE(3)

NAME
pam_authenticate - authenticate a user SYNOPSIS
#include <security/pam_appl.h> int pam_authenticate(pam_handle_t *pamh, int flags); DESCRIPTION
pam_authenticate Use this function to authenticate an applicant user. It is linked dynamically to the authentication modules by Linux-PAM. It is the task of these module to perform such an authentication. The specific nature of the authentication is not the concern of the application. Following successful completion, the name of the authenticated user will be present in the Linux-PAM item PAM_USER. This item may be recovered with a call to pam_get_item(3). The application developer should note that the modules may request that the user enter their username via the conversation mechanism (see pam_start(3)). Should this be the case, the user-prompt string can be set via the PAM_USER_PROMPT item (see pam_set_item(3)). RETURN VALUE
On success PAM_SUCCESS is returned. All other returns should be considered authentication failures and will be delayed by an amount speci- fied with prior calls to pam_fail_delay(3). Specific failures that demand special attention are the following: PAM_ABORT the application should exit immediately. Of course, pam_end(3) should be called first. PAM_MAXTRIES the application has tried too many times to authenticate the user, authentication should not be attempted again. ERRORS
May be translated to text with pam_strerror(3). CONFORMING TO
DCE-RFC 86.0, October 1995. BUGS
none known. SEE ALSO
pam_start(3), pam_get_item(3) pam_fail_delay(3) and pam_strerror(3). Also, see the three Linux-PAM Guides, for System administrators, module developers, and application developers. Linux-PAM 0.55 1996 Dec 9 PAM_AUTHENTICATE(3)