Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development I need apache to serve images from localhost instead of appserver Post 302778649 by DGPickett on Monday 11th of March 2013 10:52:48 AM
Old 03-11-2013
Not an apache guru, but it looks like / is proxied through, which hides /images/ Others have tried and nobody offered a solution: virtualhost - How to set up a proxy location for all paths except some with apache2? - Stack Overflow

I think conceptualy, using apache as a proxy is very divorced from using apache as a server. It usually does mostly one or the other on any port.
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

to serve or be served??

I have two machines on my network - one OSX mac and one linux box. The mac is my main workhorse, and the linux box does occasional chores and webserving. Currently the mac shares (via NFS) files with the Liinux box. Would it be less demanding on the mac if I made it a client, and moved my files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mistafeesh
2 Replies

2. Linux

apache@localhost.localdomain

Hello, I am ltrying to find the config file to modify a parameter for apache (I guess). Here, when sending mail using php web form I get a copy of all mail sent from that form, but here is a sample of what I get : From : apache@localhost.localdomain To : myemail@host.com Subject : Mail ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qfwfq
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

localhost problem!

hello guys, this morning when I start my pc (gentoo) I get some strange errors about localhost. "Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName" ... Apache the same for my aplications, I have to use the full address of my pc instead of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: georgeplus
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX reomote serve

i am on win 2000 reomting into aix unix server, i need to copy a file from /tmp to my win 200 desktop, can anyone help with the command i need to use. also, if a want to view a file in this directory how do i open it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassanj
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Apache localhost-access.log

The localhost-access.log has a size 3gb. What can apache2 break log on the parts 300mb, or the other issue, make log every week and index it with prifix current date(localhost-access_date.log)? Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sotich82
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apache's strange loading of .gif and .jpg images

Hello! I have got next issue: my website is not showing up .gif and .jpg images, but by the direct links (ex. http://somedomain.com/img/logo.gif) i can view them without any problem. Also if any image is clicked from http://somedomain.com/img/ URL , i get error: Forbidden You don't have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: v1xon
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to take file from SAP server to local serve automatically

Hi, I have problem in writing the UNIX scripts,I have one SAP server and my local server .I want to take one file from SAP server to my local server weekly bases I want to write one UNIX scripts which will automatically takes that file from SAP server to my server.so I need not need to pull the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohsin22021987
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to find/sort/move images/duplicate images from USB drive

Ultimately, I'm looking to create a script that allows me to plug in a usb drive with lots of jpegs on it & copy them over to a folder on my hard drive. So in the process of copying I am looking to hash check them, record dupes to a file, copy only 1 of the identical files (if it doesn't exsist... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JonaQuinn
1 Replies

9. Debian

Waiting for localhost.

I am getting the message - waiting for localhost. Here are some diagnostic steps I have tried .... root@meow:/home/ethan# cat /var/www/cgi-bin/httpd.conf ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/jkj ServerName 127.0.0.1:80 Listen xx.xx.xx.xx:80 Listen 127.0.0.1:80 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meow613
1 Replies

10. AIX

Rebooting redundant VIOs and mirroring of PVs they serve to client LPARs

need to confirm: we have a system with two VIOs each serving a partition on a local disk to a client LPAR. That client LPAR has them both in a VG which is mirrored (exact). So each disk has a copy of the client LV that the client VG supports. This is the setup that was bequeathed to us by the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maraixadm
3 Replies
APACHE2(8)                                                            apache2                                                           APACHE2(8)

NAME
apache2 - Apache Hypertext Transfer Protocol Server SYNOPSIS
apache2 [ -d serverroot ] [ -f config ] [ -C directive ] [ -c directive ] [ -D parameter ] [ -e level ] [ -E file ] [ -k start|restart|graceful|stop|graceful-stop ] [ -R directory ] [ -h ] [ -l ] [ -L ] [ -S ] [ -t ] [ -v ] [ -V ] [ -X ] [ -M ] SUMMARY
apache2 is the Apache HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) server program. It is designed to be run as a standalone daemon process. When used like this it will create a pool of child processes or threads to handle requests. In general, apache2 should not be invoked directly, but rather should be invoked via /etc/init.d/apache2 or apache2ctl. The default Debian configuration requires environment variables that are defined in /etc/apache2/envvars and are not available if apache2 is started directly. However, apache2ctl can be used to pass arbitrary arguments to apache2. DOCUMENTATION
The full documentation is available in the apache2-doc package or at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ . Information about Debian specific changes and configuration can be found in /usr/share/doc/apache2/README.Debian.gz . OPTIONS
-d serverroot Set the initial value for the ServerRoot directive to serverroot. This can be overridden by the ServerRoot directive in the configu- ration file. -f config Uses the directives in the file config on startup. If config does not begin with a /, then it is taken to be a path relative to the ServerRoot. The default is /etc/apache2/apache2.conf. -k start|restart|graceful|stop|graceful-stop Signals apache2 to start, restart, or stop. See Stopping Apache for more information. -C directive Process the configuration directive before reading config files. -c directive Process the configuration directive after reading config files. -D parameter Sets a configuration parameter which can be used with <IfDefine> sections in the configuration files to conditionally skip or process commands at server startup and restart. -e level Sets the LogLevel to level during server startup. This is useful for temporarily increasing the verbosity of the error messages to find problems during startup. -E file Send error messages during server startup to file. -R directory When the server is compiled using the SHARED_CORE rule, this specifies the directory for the shared object files. -h Output a short summary of available command line options. -l Output a list of modules compiled into the server. This will not list dynamically loaded modules included using the LoadModule directive. -L Output a list of directives together with expected arguments and places where the directive is valid. -M Dump a list of loaded Static and Shared Modules. -S Show the settings as parsed from the config file (currently only shows the virtualhost settings). -t Run syntax tests for configuration files only. The program immediately exits after these syntax parsing tests with either a return code of 0 (Syntax OK) or return code not equal to 0 (Syntax Error). If -D DUMP_VHOSTS is also set, details of the virtual host con- figuration will be printed. If -D DUMP_MODULES is set, all loaded modules will be printed. -v Print the version of apache2, and then exit. -V Print the version and build parameters of apache2, and then exit. -X Run apache2 in debug mode. Only one worker will be started and the server will not detach from the console. SEE ALSO
apache2ctl(8), /usr/share/doc/apache2/README.Debian.gz Apache HTTP Server 2008-04-05 APACHE2(8)