Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Configure ce0 as ce4000 in Solaris 9 ? Post 302778539 by judi on Monday 11th of March 2013 07:21:24 AM
Old 03-11-2013
Thanks for your reply, I tried plumb the interface as ce4000 and ce5000, also configured the IP's as of ce0and ce1, then unconfigured the ce0 and ce1.. how ever after doing this it stops communicating outside network.. even not reachable for gateway..
Now I reverted back to ce0 and ce1 with same ip configuration and it working fine..

any thoughts .. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

configure TCP/IP for solaris 8

Hello, I have 4 unix (Solaris 8) stations need to setup on network. what is a easy way and quick to setup TCP/IP so I can bring it online?. Please advise! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phapvn
3 Replies

2. Solaris

ce0 and ce1 have the same mac address

i have ce0 and ce1 online, on 2 different networks. im getting a message that says one nic is trying to assume the others IP or something to thta effect. I do ifconfig -a and i see they have the same mac. How do i deal with this? Solaris 9 i beleive 04/04 Thanks, Brian (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

How to configure sendmail in solaris 10

how to configure sendmail in solaris 10 ???? Anyone knows, pls share the documents. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwanathhcl
1 Replies

4. Solaris

how to configure network in solaris 10?

Hi..i have installed solaris 10 on vmware. I m not able connect to internet. pls help in detail. how to solve the problem. During the installation i have put no DHCP. cofigured manually ( Ip 192.168.1.9) default gateway 192.168.1.1 . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnavery
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Increasing link speed on ce0.

Hi, Does anyone know how to increase the link speed on a ce interface? Currently mine is running at 100. I need to increase this to 1000. # kstat -p ce:0::link* ce:0:ce0:link_T4 0 ce:0:ce0:link_asmpause 0 ce:0:ce0:link_duplex 2 ce:0:ce0:link_pause 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
4 Replies

6. Solaris

how to configure IPMP in solaris 9

Hi friends , can anyone provide me the complete steps to configure IPMP in solaris 9 or 10 provided i have two NIC card ? regards jagan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganblore
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Help to configure sendmail on Solaris 10

Hello, I need help to configure sendmail on Solaris 10. I have to configure sendmail to send mail on the Internet, now works only for sending mail for local users. I'm studying several tutorials ... When I try to send a mail to an external address (eg aaaa@gmail.com) the mail is placed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arfry
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configure a domain in Solaris.

People i have 2 solaris 10 A webserver and a mailserver. What i need to do is to send a mail inside de webserver to the domain company In the webserver When i use mailx -v -s Prueba me@gmail.com This is ok and the mail is send. But when i try to send a mail to someone inside de company ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris Logic to transmit traffic to physical interfaces ( eg ce0 and ce1)

Just wanted to understand what is the logic being used by Solaris(kernel) to transmit data/traffic on physical interfaces. I have seen most of the time traffic is being sent to interface ce0 and sometime to ce1. I have removed ip address from below command for some reason. netstat -rn ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadeemahmed
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Configure mailx in Solaris 10

Hello, We are using exchange server in our environment. I need to configure mailx to send email from Solaris box to one mail I'd which is on exchange server. I know ip of exchange server.. Let me know where should I configure that ip to do the needful? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshsun
2 Replies
sppptun(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       sppptun(1M)

NAME
sppptun - PPP tunneling driver utility SYNOPSIS
sppptun plumb sppptun plumb protocol device sppptun unplumb interface sppptun query DESCRIPTION
The sppptun utility is used to configure and query the Solaris PPP tunneling device driver, /dev/sppptun. Currently, only PPP over Ether- net (PPPoE) is supported, so the plumb and unplumb arguments are used to specify Ethernet interfaces that are to be used for PPPoE, and the query option lists the plumbed interfaces. The use of sppptun to add interfaces is similar to the use of ifconfig(1M) to add interfaces to IP. The plumbing is done once for each interface, preferably at system start-up time, and is not normally manipulated on a running system. If multiple instances of PPP are run over a single interface, they share the plumbing to that interface. Plumbing for each session is not required (and not possible for PPPoE). The proper way to plumb interfaces for PPPoE is to list the interfaces, one per line, in the /etc/ppp/pppoe.if file. USAGE
sppptun plumb When specified with no additional arguments, the plumb argument lists the protocols that are supported by the utility. These are the strings that are used as the protocol argument below. sppptun plumb protocol device This plumbs a new interface into the driver. The protocol parameter is pppoe for the PPP-carrying "Session Stage" connection or pppoed for the PPPoE "Discovery Stage" connection. Both connections must be present for each Ethernet interface that is to be used for PPPoE. The device parameter is the path name of the Ethernet interface to use (use ifconfig(1M) to list available devices). If the path begins with /dev/, then this portion may be omitted. sppptun unplumb interface This removes an existing interface from the driver and terminates any PPP sessions that were using the interface. The interface parame- ter is the name of the interface as reported when the interface was plumbed. sppptun query Displays the canonical names of all interfaces plumbed into the /dev/sppptun device driver. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Setting up to Use PPPoE on hme0 Plumb the hme0 interface. # sppptun plumb pppoed hme0 hme0:pppoed # sppptun plumb pppoe hme0 hme0:pppoe Remove the hme0 interface. # sppptun unplumb hme0:pppoed # sppptun unplumb hme0:pppoe Example 2 Script to Remove All Plumbed Interfaces #!/bin/sh for intf in `sppptun query` do sppptun unplumb $intf done EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 One or more errors occurred. FILES
/etc/ppp/pppoe.if list of Ethernet interfaces to be plumbed at boot time /usr/sbin/sppptun executable command /dev/sppptun Solaris PPP tunneling device driver ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpppdt | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pppd(1M), pppoec(1M), pppoed(1M), sppptun(7M) RFC 2516, Method for Transmitting PPP Over Ethernet (PPPoE), Mamakos et al, February 1999 SunOS 5.11 19 Mar 2001 sppptun(1M)