Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Configure ce0 as ce4000 in Solaris 9 ? Post 302778539 by judi on Monday 11th of March 2013 07:21:24 AM
Old 03-11-2013
Thanks for your reply, I tried plumb the interface as ce4000 and ce5000, also configured the IP's as of ce0and ce1, then unconfigured the ce0 and ce1.. how ever after doing this it stops communicating outside network.. even not reachable for gateway..
Now I reverted back to ce0 and ce1 with same ip configuration and it working fine..

any thoughts .. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

configure TCP/IP for solaris 8

Hello, I have 4 unix (Solaris 8) stations need to setup on network. what is a easy way and quick to setup TCP/IP so I can bring it online?. Please advise! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phapvn
3 Replies

2. Solaris

ce0 and ce1 have the same mac address

i have ce0 and ce1 online, on 2 different networks. im getting a message that says one nic is trying to assume the others IP or something to thta effect. I do ifconfig -a and i see they have the same mac. How do i deal with this? Solaris 9 i beleive 04/04 Thanks, Brian (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

How to configure sendmail in solaris 10

how to configure sendmail in solaris 10 ???? Anyone knows, pls share the documents. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwanathhcl
1 Replies

4. Solaris

how to configure network in solaris 10?

Hi..i have installed solaris 10 on vmware. I m not able connect to internet. pls help in detail. how to solve the problem. During the installation i have put no DHCP. cofigured manually ( Ip 192.168.1.9) default gateway 192.168.1.1 . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnavery
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Increasing link speed on ce0.

Hi, Does anyone know how to increase the link speed on a ce interface? Currently mine is running at 100. I need to increase this to 1000. # kstat -p ce:0::link* ce:0:ce0:link_T4 0 ce:0:ce0:link_asmpause 0 ce:0:ce0:link_duplex 2 ce:0:ce0:link_pause 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
4 Replies

6. Solaris

how to configure IPMP in solaris 9

Hi friends , can anyone provide me the complete steps to configure IPMP in solaris 9 or 10 provided i have two NIC card ? regards jagan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganblore
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Help to configure sendmail on Solaris 10

Hello, I need help to configure sendmail on Solaris 10. I have to configure sendmail to send mail on the Internet, now works only for sending mail for local users. I'm studying several tutorials ... When I try to send a mail to an external address (eg aaaa@gmail.com) the mail is placed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arfry
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configure a domain in Solaris.

People i have 2 solaris 10 A webserver and a mailserver. What i need to do is to send a mail inside de webserver to the domain company In the webserver When i use mailx -v -s Prueba me@gmail.com This is ok and the mail is send. But when i try to send a mail to someone inside de company ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris Logic to transmit traffic to physical interfaces ( eg ce0 and ce1)

Just wanted to understand what is the logic being used by Solaris(kernel) to transmit data/traffic on physical interfaces. I have seen most of the time traffic is being sent to interface ce0 and sometime to ce1. I have removed ip address from below command for some reason. netstat -rn ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadeemahmed
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Configure mailx in Solaris 10

Hello, We are using exchange server in our environment. I need to configure mailx to send email from Solaris box to one mail I'd which is on exchange server. I know ip of exchange server.. Let me know where should I configure that ip to do the needful? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshsun
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)