Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: For loop and awk print
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting For loop and awk print Post 302777541 by Scrutinizer on Friday 8th of March 2013 04:50:44 AM
Old 03-08-2013
If you are using bash or ksh93, try:
Code:
for cnt in {1..$tmpcnt}

But this is not a very efficient way of doing this..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I get awk to print a " in it's print part?

The line is simple, use " '{ print $1"]"$2"\"$3THE " NEEDS TO GO HERE$4 }' I've tried \", "\, ^" and '"" but none of it works. What am I missing? Putting in the [ between $1 and $2 works fine, I just need to do the same with a ". Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop + sum + print using awk

Hi, I am unable sum of each column in the loop usng awk command. Awk is not allowing the parameters in the command. i am facing the below error. awk: 0602-562 Field $() is not correct. Source file abc.txt 100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800,900 101,201,301,401,501,601,701,801,901 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: number10
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to loop lines and print substring

The input data: mbeanName: com.sap.default:name=tc~bl~deploy_controller,j2eeType=SAP_J2EEServicePerNode,SAP_J2EEClusterNode=3620850,SAP_J2EECluster=XXX Get attribute Properties: {undepl_parallelism_strategy=normal, deployment_forbidden=off, locking_retries=50, suppress_ds_warnings=on,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ux4me
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop inside awk to read and print contents of files

Hello, I have a set of files Xfile0001 - Xfile0021, and the content of this files (one at a time) needs to be printed between some line (lines start with word "Generated") that I am extracting from another file called file7.txt and all the output goes into output.txt. First I tried creating a for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaldo0805
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print each output of loop in new column using awk or shell

I have this output from a loop a11 1,2 3,4 5,6 7,8 12,8 5,4 3,6 a12 10,11 12,13 15,18 20,22 a13 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maryre89
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk loop using array:wish to store array values from loop for use outside loop

Here's my code: awk -F '' 'NR==FNR { if (/time/ && $5>10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":"($5-01) else if (/time/ && $5<01) A=$2" "$3":"$4-01":"(59-$5) else if (/time/ && $5<=10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":0"($5-01) else if (/close/) { B=0 n1=n2; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: klane
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print awk output in same line ,For loop

My code is something like below. #/bin/bash for i in `ps -ef | grep pmon | grep -v bash | grep -v grep | grep -v perl | grep -v asm | grep -v MGMT|awk '{print $1" "$8}'` do echo $i ORACLE_SID=`echo $line | awk '{print $2}'` USERNAME=`echo $line | awk '{print $1}'` done ============= But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use while loop to read file and use ${file} for both filename input into awk and as string to print

I have files named with different prefixes. From each I want to extract the first line containing a specific string, and then print that line along with the prefix. I've tried to do this with a while loop, but instead of printing the prefix I print the first line of the file twice. Files:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)