Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match ids and print original file Post 302777479 by nans on Friday 8th of March 2013 03:31:23 AM
Old 03-08-2013
Match ids and print original file

Hello,

I have two files

Original: ( 5000 entries)
Chr Position
chr1 879108
chr1 881918
chr1 896874 ...

and a file with allele freq ( 2000 entries)
Chr Position MAF
chr1 881918 0.007
chr1 979748 0.007
chr1 1120377 0.007
chr1 1178925 0.036

I would like the original file matched with the allele freq and print out the output file with 5000 entries.
Chr Position MAF
chr1 879108 NULL
chr1 881918 0.007
chr1 896874 NULL

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by nans; 03-08-2013 at 04:59 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print remaining part from the first-match within a file

Hi, i was looking for unix command(s) for : find the first occurrence of a given pattern with in a file and print the remaining part. below is an example of what i am looking for: lets say, a file named myfile.txt now, the command i am looking for will do the following (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nurulamin862
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strings from one file which exactly match to the 1st column of other file and then print lines.

Hi, I have two files. 1st file has 1 column (huge file containing ~19200000 lines) and 2nd file has 2 columns (small file containing ~6000 lines). ################################# huge_file.txt a a ab b ################################## small_file.txt a 1.5 b 2.5 ab ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print when column match with other file

Hello all, please help. There are two file like this: file1: 1197510.0 294777.7 9666973.0 21.6 1839.8 1197510.0 294777.7 9666973.0 413.2 2075.9 1197510.0 294777.7 9666973.0 689.3 2260.0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: attila
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match values/IDs from column and text files

Hello, I am trying to modify 2 files, to yield results in a 3rd file. File-1 is a 8-columned file, separted with tab. 1234:1 xyz1234 blah blah blah blah blah blah 1234:1 xyz1233 blah blah blah blah blah blah 1234:1 abc1234 blah blah blah blah blah blah n/a RRR0000 blah blah blah... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ad23
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK print and retain original format

I have a file with very specific column spacing formatting, I wish to do the following: awk '{print $1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $6, $19-$7, $20-$8, $21-$9, $10, $11, $12}' merge.pdb > vector.pdb but the format gets ruined. I have tried with print -f but to no avail.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match and print columns in second file

Hi All, I have to match each row in file 1 with 1st row in file 2 and print the corresponding column from file2. I am trying to use an awk script to do this. For example cat File1 X1 X3 X4 cat File2 ID X1 X2 X3 X4 A 1 6 2 1 B 2 7 3 3 C 3 8 4 1 D 4 9 1 1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newpro
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match ids

Hello, I have two files File 1 with 10 columns rsid position ........ xx 1:10000 File 2 position 1:10000 2:2000 .... I need to extract the IDs given in file 2(column1) from file 1 (column2) and print all columns from file1. I am trying this command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nans
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Count multiple columns and print original file

Hello, I have two tab files with headers File1: with 4 columns header1 header2 header3 header4 44 a bb 1 57 c ab 4 64 d d 5 File2: with 26 columns header1.. header5 header6 header7 ... header 22...header26 id1 44 a bb id2 57 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Match duplicate ids in two files

I have two text files. File 1 has 150 ids but all the ids exists in duplicates so it has 300 ids in total. File 2 has 1500 ids but all exists in duplicates so file 2 has 300 ids in total. i want to match the first occurance of every id in file 1 with first occurance of thet id in file 2 and 2nd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: limd
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print match or non-match and select fields/patterns for non-matches

In the awk below I am trying to output those lines that Match between file1 and file2, those Missing in file1, and those missing in file2. Using each $1,$2,$4,$5 value as a key to match on, that is if those 4 fields are found in both files the match, but if those 4 fields are not found then missing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
Bio::Graphics::Glyph::wiggle_xyplot(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  Bio::Graphics::Glyph::wiggle_xyplot(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Graphics::Glyph::wiggle_xyplot - An xyplot plot compatible with dense "wig"data SYNOPSIS
See <Bio::Graphics::Panel> and <Bio::Graphics::Glyph>. DESCRIPTION
This glyph works like the regular xyplot but takes value data in Bio::Graphics::Wiggle file format: reference = chr1 ChipCHIP Feature1 1..10000 wigfile=./test.wig ChipCHIP Feature2 10001..20000 wigfile=./test.wig ChipCHIP Feature3 25001..35000 wigfile=./test.wig The "wigfile" attribute gives a relative or absolute pathname to a Bio::Graphics::Wiggle format file. The data consist of a packed binary representation of the values in the feature, using a constant step such as present in tiling array data. Wigfiles are created using the Bio::Graphics::Wiggle module or the wiggle2gff3.pl script, currently both part of the gbrowse package. Alternatively, you can place an array of quantitative data directly in the "wigdata" attribute. This can be an arrayref of quantitative data starting at feature start and ending at feature end, or the data string returned by Bio::Graphics::Wiggle->export_to_wif64($start,$end). OPTIONS In addition to all the xyplot glyph options, the following options are recognized: Name Value Description ---- ----- ----------- basedir path Path to be used to resolve "wigfile" and "densefile" tags giving relative paths. Default is to use the current working directory. Absolute wigfile & densefile paths will not be changed. autoscale "local" or "global" If one or more of min_score and max_score options are absent, then these values will be calculated automatically. The "autoscale" option controls how the calculation is done. The "local" value will scale values according to the minimum and maximum values present in the window being graphed. "global" will use chromosome-wide statistics for the entire wiggle or dense file to find min and max values. smoothing method name Smoothing method: one of "mean", "max", "min" or "none" smoothing_window integer Number of values across which data should be smoothed. variance_band boolean If true, draw a grey band across entire plot showing mean and +/- 1 standard deviation (for wig files only). bicolor_pivot name Where to pivot the two colors when drawing bicolor plots. Options are "mean" and "zero". A numeric value can also be provided. pos_color color When drawing bicolor plots, the fill color to use for values that are above the pivot point. neg_color color When drawing bicolor plots, the fill color to use for values that are below the pivot point. SPECIAL FEATURE TAGS The glyph expects one or more of the following tags (attributes) in feature it renders: Name Value Description ---- ----- ----------- wigfile path name Path to the Bio::Graphics::Wiggle file or object for quantitative values. wigdata string Data exported from a Bio::Graphics::Wiggle in WIF format using its export_to_wif64() method. densefile path name Path to a Bio::Graphics::DenseFeature object (deprecated) denseoffset integer Integer offset to where the data begins in the Bio::Graphics::DenseFeature file (deprecated) densesize integer Integer size of the data in the Bio::Graphics::DenseFeature file (deprecated) BUGS
Please report them. SEE ALSO
Bio::Graphics::Panel, Bio::Graphics::Glyph, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::arrow, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::cds, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::crossbox, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::diamond, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::dna, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::dot, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::ellipse, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::extending_arrow, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::generic, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::graded_segments, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::heterogeneous_segments, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::line, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::pinsertion, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::primers, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::rndrect, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::segments, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::ruler_arrow, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::toomany, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::transcript, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::transcript2, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::translation, Bio::Graphics::Glyph::allele_tower, Bio::DB::GFF, Bio::SeqI, Bio::SeqFeatureI, Bio::Das, GD AUTHOR
Lincoln Stein <steinl@cshl.edu>. Copyright (c) 2007 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory This package and its accompanying libraries is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GPL (either version 1, or at your option, any later version) or the Artistic License 2.0. Refer to LICENSE for the full license text. In addition, please see DISCLAIMER.txt for disclaimers of warranty. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-20 Bio::Graphics::Glyph::wiggle_xyplot(3pm)