Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract a block of text
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract a block of text Post 302777295 by kiki_riki_miki on Thursday 7th of March 2013 03:11:26 PM
Old 03-07-2013
Extract a block of text

Attached you will find the input.txt file containing all the table definitions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract block in file

I need to extract a particular block from a file whose locations are not known but the only identity is a word. For example in a file I have ABC asdklf asdfk FGH dfdfg asdlfk asdfl ... JHK (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
5 Replies

2. Programming

c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file

needa c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file. and then storing them in to diffrent variables ? text file like 0: abc.txt ========= aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract particular text

I executed a following sed command => echo "a/b/c/d/e/f/g/h" | sed 's/\/*$//g' a/b/c/d/e/f/g Now what if I want to extract "g" from "a/b/c/d/e/f/g/h" . That is second last string using SED. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shell_Learner
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract block of data and the error reason too. So so urgent

Hi , this is my first enty in our forum. Problem scenario: Using informatica tool am loding records from source DB to target DB. While loading some records getting rejected due to some reason. Informatica will capture those rejected records in session log file.now the session log ll be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract value from a text

Hi all, my problem is extract a value from a text, i mean, I have this text: > ala Nr of active alarms are: 16 ================================================================================================ Sever Specific Problem Cause Mo-Reference... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: marimovo
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract selective block from XML file

Hi, There's an xml file produced from a front-end tool as shown below: <INPUT DATABASE ="ORACLE" DBNAME ="UNIX" NAME ="FACT_TABLE" OWNERNAME ="DIPS"> <INPUTFIELD DATATYPE ="double" DEFAULTVALUE ="" DESCRIPTION ="" NAME ="STORE_KEY" PICTURETEXT ="" PORTTYPE ="INPUT" PRECISION ="15" SCALE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a block of text??

Hello all, I have a large output file from which I would like to extract a single block of text. An example block of text is shown below: ***** EQUILIBRIUM GEOMETRY LOCATED ***** COORDINATES OF ALL ATOMS ARE (ANGS) ATOM CHARGE X Y Z ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Awk] Extract block of with a particular pattern

Hi, I have some CVS log files, which are divided into blocks. Each block has many fields of information and I want to extract those blocks with a pattern. Here is the sample input. RCS file: /cvsroot/eclipse/org.eclipse.debug.core/core/org/eclipse/debug/core/DebugPlugin.java,v head: 1.174... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepk1611
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract block from a file?

I have siebel log file as following EventContext ....... 123 ....... SELECT ... .. EventConext <---- Question 1 , I should get this line 345 ...... SELECT <----- Question 2 , print this line Test..... <----- Question 2 , print this line .... <----- Question 2 , print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ran123
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping text block by block by using for loop

Hei buddies, Need ur help once again. I have a file which has bunch of lines which starts from a fixed pattern and ends with another fixed pattern. I want to make use of these fixed starting and ending patterns to select the bunch, one at a time. The input file is as follows. Hi welcome... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
12 Replies
smccompile(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    smccompile(1M)

NAME
smccompile - build class list and compile Solaris Management Console service beans for remote use SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -c beanname /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j tool | service [-n altjarname] jarfile /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library [-n altjarname] ALLTOOL | ALLSERVICE | ALL | attachedBeanname jarfile DESCRIPTION
The smccompile command is used by developers of tools, services, and libraries for the Solaris Management Console. For information regard- ing the Solaris Management Console, see smc(1M). smccompile compiles service class files given by the bean name for use with the Solaris Management Console. This step builds the extra proxy and stub classes for services to be used with Solaris Management Console tools. Solaris Management Console requires running smccom- pile -c before creating service jar files, and smccompile -j after creating tool, service, and library jars. smccompile, in conjunction with smcregister(1M), is intended to replace the smcconf command as the preferred interface for managing the Solaris Management Console repository as well as toolboxes from within scripts, due to significant performance enhancements over smcconf. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: ALL Specify that the library being registered to or unregistered from the repository is for use by all tools and services. ALLSERVICE Specify that the library being registered to or unregistered from the repository is for use by all services. ALLTOOL Specify that the library being registered to or unregistered from the repository is for use by all tools. attachedBeaname Specify the name of a registered jar to which the library jarfile should be attached to (or detached from). This is typi- cally the same as altjarname (if provided) or jarfile used to register the jar to which this library is being attached or detached. An attached library means the library is only available for use by the tool or service to which it is being attached. beanname The full package path of the bean name to be compiled. An example bean name is: com.mycompany.myproduct.MyService. -c Compile and build service class files for the specified bean name. This step builds the extra proxy and stub classes for services to be used with Solaris Management Console tools. You must run smccompile with this option before creating service type jar files. -j Build a list of classes in text format, suitable as input to smcregister for registration with the Solaris Management Con- sole repository. The output is written to standard out and should be redirected to a file. You must run smccompile with this option after creating any tool, service, or library jar. jarfile Specify the full path to the jar file to be registered. The name must be in the form beanname.jar, where beanname is the package path to the bean. If it is not, an alternate name must be given in that form using the -n option. -n altjarname Rename the jarfile in the repository to altjarname. Typically. this is the full bean name. For example, if the jarfile was MyTool.jar, then altjarname might be com.mycompany.myproduct.MyTool.jar. It is recommended that an altjarname containing the full package path be used. You must use this same name when registering the jar with smcregister. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Compiling a Service The following command takes a Solaris Management Console service and builds its proxy and stub classes to make the service usable by Solaris Management Console tools: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -c com.mycompany.myproject.MyServiceImpl Example 2: Building a Class List for a Service The following command builds the class list file (classlist.txt) for a service suitable for use with the smcregister(1M) command: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j service -n com.mycompany.myproject.MyServiceImpl.jar ${HOME}/workarea/MyServiceImpl.jar > classlist.txt The following command does the same thing without specifying an alternate name: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j service ${HOME}/workarea/com.mycompany.myproject.MyServiceImpl.jar > classlist.txt Example 3: Building a Class List for a Tool The following command builds the class list file (classlist.txt) for a tool suitable for use with the smcregister(1M) command: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j tool -n com.mycompany.myproject.MyTool.jar ${HOME}/workarea/MyTool.jar > classlist.txt The following command does the same thing without specifying an alternate name: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j tool ${HOME}/workarea/com.mycompany.myproject.MyTool.jar > classlist.txt Example 4: Building a Class List for a Library Attached to All Tools The following command builds the class list file (classlist.txt) for a library suitable for use with the smcregister(1M) command, and is attached to all tools: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library -n com.mycompany.myproject.MyLibrary.jar ALLTOOL ${HOME}/workarea/MyLibrary.jar > classlist.txt The following command does the same thing without specifying an alternate name: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library ALLTOOL ${HOME}/workarea/com.mycompany.myproject.MyLibrary.jar > classlist.txt Example 5: Building a Class List for a Library Attached to a Specific Tool The following command builds the class list file (classlist.txt) for a library suitable for use with the smcregister(1M) command, and is attached to a specific tool: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library -n com.mycompany.myproject.MyLibrary.jar com.mycompany.myproject.MyTool.jar ${HOME}/workarea/MyLibrary.jar > classlist.txt The following command does the same thing without specifying an alternate name: /usr/sadm/bin/smccompile -j library com.mycompany.myproject.MyTool.jar ${HOME}/workarea/com.mycompany.myproject.MyLibrary.jar > classlist.txt ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of smccompile: JAVA_HOME If you do not specify this environment variable, your PATH is searched for a suitable java. Otherwise, the /usr/j2se location is used. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWMc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
smc(1M), smcconf(1M), smcregister(1M), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
All standard shell quoting rules apply. SunOS 5.10 17 Jul 2001 smccompile(1M)