Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX PowerHA HACMP on VIOS servers Post 302777235 by MichaelFelt on Thursday 7th of March 2013 01:34:17 PM
Old 03-07-2013
yes, you can if the stoarge is an hdisk to the vios, not when the storage is a file or logical volume.
if i recall, just repeat the mkvdev command.
This User Gave Thanks to MichaelFelt For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Duplicate IP address makes PowerHA ( HACMP ) down

Hello, I would like to know if anyone has faced this problem. Whenever there is a duplicate IP address, HACMP goes down infact HACMP ( PowerHA ) takes the whole system down. Does anyone know how to solve this problem ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

2. AIX

HACMP does not start db2 after failover (db2nodes not getting modified by hacmp)

hi, when I do a failover, hacmp always starts db2 but recently it fails to start db2..noticed the issue is db2nodes.cfg is not modified by hacmp and is still showing primary node..manually changed the node name to secondary after which db2 started immediately..unable to figure out why hacmp is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkr747
4 Replies

3. AIX

Interoperability Oracle Clusterware - PowerHA/HACMP

I am planning for building a new database server using AIX 6.1 and Oracle 11.2 using ASM. As i have learned starting with Oracle 11.2 ASM can only be used in conjunction with Clusterware, which is Oracles HA-software. As is the companies policy we do intend to use PowerHA as HA-solution instead... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

4. AIX

Increase LUN size in AIX with VIOS and HACMP

Hello! I have this infraestructure: - 1 POWER7 with single VIOS on Site A. - 1 POWER6 with single VIOS on Site B. - 1 LPAR called NodeA as primary node for PowerHA 6.1 on Site A. - 1 LPAR called NodeB as secondary (cold) node for PowerHA 6.1 on SiteB. - 1 Storage DS4700 on Site A. - 1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: enzote
8 Replies

5. AIX

PowerHA Disk on VIO Server

Hello AIX GURU's Can anybody tell me the steps to crate shared VG (enhanced concurent) for my Lpars from VIO server? my questions are: 1. Should I crate Enhanced Concurent VG in VIO and map it using virtual Scsi to Lpar? or 2. Can I just create virtual SCSI in VIO and map to Lpar and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
1 Replies

6. AIX

VIOS IP address - separate vlan for vios servers ?

Hello, Lets say for simplicity that I do not use any vlan config inside my server - one lpar group use hea physical port1, another group hea physical port2. Physical port1 configured as vlan1 on external switch, physical port2 as vlan2. What is the common practice - should I isolate my vios... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

7. AIX

PowerHA(HACMP) full vg loss - cluster hangs on release_vg_fs event

Hello, AIX 6.1 TL7 SP6 POwerHA 6.1 SP10 I was experimenting with new hacmp build. It's 3-node cluster build on AIX 6.1 lpars. It contains Ethernet and diskhb networks. Shared vg disk is SAN disk. Two nodes see disk using vscsi, third node sees disk using npiv. Application is db2 server. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
4 Replies

8. AIX

Powerha on AIX 6.1.9

hello ive installed powerha 7.1.3 on two servers aix 6.1.9 6100-09-03-1415 work with dmx4 EMC storgae. after sync cluster ( terminate with OK ) ive see that the repository disk upper only in one machine : hdiskpower60 00c7f6b59fc60d9d caavg_private active... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariec
1 Replies

9. AIX

VXVM in POWERHA 6.1

I have created a VxVM disk group in AIX7.1. I have tried to added this VxVM disk group in powerHA 6.1. But in cluster VxVM DGs are not listing. Is there any other procedure to add vxvm diskgroup to hacmp. Please share me steps for adding vxvm diskgroup to hacmp. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
6 Replies

10. AIX

Upgrading PowerHA from 7.1.0 to 7.1.3

Hi All, As per the IBM upgrade/support matrix IBM Techdocs Technote: PowerHA for AIX Version Compatibility Matrix we can't do online upgrade or rolling migration from powerha v7.1.0 to v7.1.3. on AIX61_TL9_SP4, So we are following the steps as below ... 1 ) Bring down the cluster 2 )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
2 Replies
KA-FORWARDER(8) 					       AFS Command Reference						   KA-FORWARDER(8)

NAME
ka-forwarder - Forward AFS Authentication Server requests to another server SYNOPSIS
ka-forwarder [-p <port>] <server>[/<port>] [...] DESCRIPTION
ka-forwarder listens for requests for an AFS Authentication Server and forwards them to a remove fakeka server. fakeka is a server that answers AFS Authentication Server protocol requests using a regular Kerberos KDC and is provided with some Kerberos 5 implementations. fakeka has to run on the same host as the Kerberos KDC, however, and AFS clients send all native AFS authentication requests to the AFS database servers. If you don't want to run your Kerberos KDCs and your AFS database servers on the same host, run ka-forwarder on the AFS database servers and point it to fakeka running on the Kerberos KDCs. ka-forwarder takes one or more servers to which to forward the requests. The default port on the remote server to which to forward the command is 7004, but a different port can be specified by following the server name with a slash ("/") and the port number. If multiple servers are given, ka-forwarder will send queries to each server in turn in a round-robin fashion. CAUTIONS
Due to the way that ka-forwarder distinguishes from client requests and server responses, any messages from one of the servers to which ka- forwarder is forwarding will be considered a reply rather than a command and will not be forwarded. This means that the servers running fakeka will not be able to use native AFS authentication requests and rely on ka-forwarder to send the requests to the right server. ka-forwarder does not background itself. It should either be run in the background via the shell, or run via the Basic OverSeer Server (see bosserver(8)). OPTIONS
-p <port> By default, ka-forwarder listens to the standard AFS Authentication Server port (7004). To listen to a different port, specify it with the -p option. EXAMPLES
Forward AFS Authentication Server requests to the fakeka servers on kdc1.example.com and kdc2.example.com: % ka-forwarder kdc1.example.com kdc2.example.com & Note the "&" to tell the shell to run this command in the background. PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
ka-forwarder only has to listen to port 7004 and therefore does not require any special privileges unless a privileged port is specified with the -p option. SEE ALSO
bosserver(8), fakeka(8), kaserver(8) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. This man page was written by Russ Allbery for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 KA-FORWARDER(8)