Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Schedule and Run By weekly shell script in cronjob Post 302776975 by Jotne on Thursday 7th of March 2013 07:51:06 AM
Old 03-07-2013
Every week
Code:
0 0 * * 0 byweeklyreport.sh

CronBuddy - a crontab sandbox

Last edited by Jotne; 03-07-2013 at 08:56 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

set schedule to run a script at background while logout

Hi, How can I run a script at 9:00am and 6:00pm everyday? Can I run it at background while I logout my account? Please help!! Many Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: happyv
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to run a script as different user inside cronjob in solaris.

Hi , I have a shell script to perform some actions on sun solaris box . This script normally requires to be run as a different user. so, whenever i have to run this script, i need to sudo in as that user , enter the password and execute it. Now,I have to setup a cronjob to execute the script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: csg_user
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cronjob to run perl script

Hi all Recently i had finished a perl script. When i run manually, the script work fine. But when i wanted to put the script in cron, it didn't get the same output as it run manually. I felt that it only execute the script until certain line then it stop as i see most of the related files didn't... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running script that sends an html formatted email fails when its run as cronjob

Hi Im very new at working with unix and this problem I simply can not understand. I know there are a lot of threads about problems with shell scripts behaving differently when run from a terminal and from a cronjob. I have tried everything(almost) but I still havent cracked this problem. Im... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nightowl
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

General Q: how to run/schedule a php script from cron jobs maybe via bash from shell?

Status quo is, within a web application, which is coded completely in php (not by me, I dont know php), I have to fill out several fields, and execute it manually by clicking the "go" button in my browser, several times a day. Thats because: The script itself pulls data (textfiles) from a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to schedule a cronjob to run every 15 mins ?

Hi, I want to schedule a job to run every 15 mins through cron. searched the forums and came up with this piece of code.i have given this in my crontab 0-59/15 * * * * sh /usr/ss/job But its not being run. Have i made any mistake here. Can any1 post the cron code for scheduling the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh_kb211
5 Replies

7. AIX

My script didn't run every run every minute at cronjob

In my cronjob, I would like to schedule my script.sh to run every minutes. I crontab -e and have in line below but it didn't seems to run at all. * * * * * script.sh When I run it manually, I can run it. Is that anything wrong with the above line? If I change it to something like below,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngaisteve1
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule a script to run at 10am from mon to fri

Hi, I need to write a shell script which will run i background and will execute other script only on Mon to Fri 10 AM but not on Sat and Sun. I am able to set it to run on every day at 10AM but how to make it to run only on Mon to Fri Thanks, Firestar. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Best way to schedule script to run Ubuntu 10.04

On Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, I would like to know the best way to schedule myscript.sh to run at a specified time, please provide examples and specify things like does cron have to be running, how do I check if cron is running and all that. I have tried unsuccessfully in the past to run the AT command,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script does not run from a user specific cronjob.

Hello, I have two crontabs, one for the root and one for another user. There is a script in my configurations that has to send a email. The script works and sends the emails when I run it by hand with either the root or the user, and when I program it in the root's crontab. But! It does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tralaraloro
3 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)