Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract a block of text
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract a block of text Post 302776955 by kiki_riki_miki on Thursday 7th of March 2013 06:50:55 AM
Old 03-07-2013
Extract a block of text

I edited the description and I guess it should be better now. Thank you, ctsgnb for this observation.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extract block in file

I need to extract a particular block from a file whose locations are not known but the only identity is a word. For example in a file I have ABC asdklf asdfk FGH dfdfg asdlfk asdfl ... JHK (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
5 Replies

2. Programming

c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file

needa c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file. and then storing them in to diffrent variables ? text file like 0: abc.txt ========= aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract particular text

I executed a following sed command => echo "a/b/c/d/e/f/g/h" | sed 's/\/*$//g' a/b/c/d/e/f/g Now what if I want to extract "g" from "a/b/c/d/e/f/g/h" . That is second last string using SED. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shell_Learner
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract block of data and the error reason too. So so urgent

Hi , this is my first enty in our forum. Problem scenario: Using informatica tool am loding records from source DB to target DB. While loading some records getting rejected due to some reason. Informatica will capture those rejected records in session log file.now the session log ll be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract value from a text

Hi all, my problem is extract a value from a text, i mean, I have this text: > ala Nr of active alarms are: 16 ================================================================================================ Sever Specific Problem Cause Mo-Reference... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: marimovo
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract selective block from XML file

Hi, There's an xml file produced from a front-end tool as shown below: <INPUT DATABASE ="ORACLE" DBNAME ="UNIX" NAME ="FACT_TABLE" OWNERNAME ="DIPS"> <INPUTFIELD DATATYPE ="double" DEFAULTVALUE ="" DESCRIPTION ="" NAME ="STORE_KEY" PICTURETEXT ="" PORTTYPE ="INPUT" PRECISION ="15" SCALE... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a block of text??

Hello all, I have a large output file from which I would like to extract a single block of text. An example block of text is shown below: ***** EQUILIBRIUM GEOMETRY LOCATED ***** COORDINATES OF ALL ATOMS ARE (ANGS) ATOM CHARGE X Y Z ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Awk] Extract block of with a particular pattern

Hi, I have some CVS log files, which are divided into blocks. Each block has many fields of information and I want to extract those blocks with a pattern. Here is the sample input. RCS file: /cvsroot/eclipse/org.eclipse.debug.core/core/org/eclipse/debug/core/DebugPlugin.java,v head: 1.174... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepk1611
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract block from a file?

I have siebel log file as following EventContext ....... 123 ....... SELECT ... .. EventConext <---- Question 1 , I should get this line 345 ...... SELECT <----- Question 2 , print this line Test..... <----- Question 2 , print this line .... <----- Question 2 , print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ran123
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping text block by block by using for loop

Hei buddies, Need ur help once again. I have a file which has bunch of lines which starts from a fixed pattern and ends with another fixed pattern. I want to make use of these fixed starting and ending patterns to select the bunch, one at a time. The input file is as follows. Hi welcome... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
12 Replies
COMPILE_ET(1)						      General Commands Manual						     COMPILE_ET(1)

NAME
compile_et - error table compiler SYNOPSIS
compile_et file DESCRIPTION
Compile_et converts a table listing error-code names and associated messages into a C source file suitable for use with the com_err(3) library. The source file name must end with a suffix of ``.et''; the file consists of a declaration supplying the name (up to four characters long) of the error-code table: error_table name followed by up to 256 entries of the form: error_code name, " string " and a final end to indicate the end of the table. The name of the table is used to construct the name of a subroutine initialize_XXXX_error_table which must be called in order for the com_err library to recognize the error table. The various error codes defined are assigned sequentially increasing numbers (starting with a large number computed as a hash function of the name of the table); thus for compatibility it is suggested that new codes be added only to the end of an existing table, and that no codes be removed from tables. The names defined in the table are placed into a C header file with preprocessor directives defining them as integer constants of up to 32 bits in magnitude. A C source file is also generated which should be compiled and linked with the object files which reference these error codes; it contains the text of the messages and the initialization subroutine. Both C files have names derived from that of the original source file, with the ``.et'' suffix replaced by ``.c'' and ``.h''. A ``#'' in the source file is treated as a comment character, and all remaining text to the end of the source line will be ignored. BUGS
Since the original compile_et uses a very simple parser based on yacc(1), and this current version of compile_et uses an awk/sed combina- tion of scripts, its error recovery leaves much to be desired. SEE ALSO
com_err (3). Ken Raeburn, "A Common Error Description Library for UNIX". SIPB
30 Mar 1998 COMPILE_ET(1)