Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File not getting created
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File not getting created Post 302776937 by lovelysethii on Thursday 7th of March 2013 06:22:19 AM
Old 03-07-2013
in the same directory where the .ksh file exists and at last we are using rm to remove that temporary file. here is the code:
Code:
### Send mail of extract process completion

echo "`date`> Send mail of extract process completion... \n "

echo "From:" ${usrname}@apps.mc.xerox.com>mail_txt
#echo "To:" vikas.kumar2@xerox.com>> mail_txt
echo "To:" USA.XCS.BILLING.COE.BIRLA.IT.TEAM@xerox.com >> mail_txt
echo "Subject:" BRAVO View Extract process completed on $(hostname) - `date +"%m%d%Y"` >> mail_txt
echo "Mime-Version: 1.0" >> mail_txt
echo "Content-Type: text/plain" >> mail_txt
echo Automated UNIX system message from ${usrname} >> mail_txt
echo "" >> mail_txt
mailx -t < mail_txt
rm mail_txt

and here is the log which we are getting:
Code:
Wed Mar  6 06:00:25 EST 2013> Send mail of extract process completion...

/uv1402/u207/home/bravodba/bestdbscript/shscriptfiles/bravometerview.ksh[252]: mail_txt: cannot create
/uv1402/u207/home/bravodba/bestdbscript/shscriptfiles/bravometerview.ksh[254]: mail_txt: cannot create
/uv1402/u207/home/bravodba/bestdbscript/shscriptfiles/bravometerview.ksh[255]: mail_txt: cannot create
/uv1402/u207/home/bravodba/bestdbscript/shscriptfiles/bravometerview.ksh[256]: mail_txt: cannot create
/uv1402/u207/home/bravodba/bestdbscript/shscriptfiles/bravometerview.ksh[257]: mail_txt: cannot create
/uv1402/u207/home/bravodba/bestdbscript/shscriptfiles/bravometerview.ksh[258]: mail_txt: cannot create
/uv1402/u207/home/bravodba/bestdbscript/shscriptfiles/bravometerview.ksh[259]: mail_txt: cannot create
/uv1402/u207/home/bravodba/bestdbscript/shscriptfiles/bravometerview.ksh[260]: mail_txt: cannot open
mail_txt: No such file or directory

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 03-07-2013 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File created time

I have lot .log files in a directory.I need to take the one got created today.Is there any way to get the time of creation of a file? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yakyaj
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to empty a file(already created)

What is the command to empty an already existing file. please provide me.i used Touch cmd to empty the file.but it changing the time only. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to know when a new file is created?

Hi All, How to we get to know when say a new log file is created on an Unix box. I need to trigger a process(say a script) when the new log file is created. But i need to know by some means or generate a trigger when a new file is created???? Something like when we receive a new mail we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File created year

Hi I need to get the File creation date (MM,DD,YYYY) using ls -ltr am getting only Month and Day only, I need year also when the file is modified. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranKumarKarre
3 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

how to delete core file (file created due to apps crashed)

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: When looking for corefiles, include any file with core in its name. (Some UNIX/Linux systems add the PID of the process that created the core to reduce the chances of overwriting an already existing core file that might be needed. The... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: s3270226
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Which process has created a file ?

Hi All, We have a multi-threaded application. During the course of action, each process creates some files. Is there any way to know which process has created a particular file ? Ex: Suppose we have 3 process running A, B and C in the application and some files FILE1 FILE2 FILE3 and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 14341
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Who created a file?

Hi!Can somebody tell me what command can I use to find who created a file,please? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: teotrask
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find out when a file was created?

Hi All I use solaris 9 and just realised my opt volume has grown to 99%. How can I find out which file was created on the opt volume for it to have grown to 99%? Which command should I use since I can't go through each individual file to look at the date the files were created. Regard (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing file permissions of a file created by another user

Hi, I have used expdp for datapump. The .dmp file is created by the "oracle" user. my requirement is to make a zipped file of this .dmp file. What i am trying to do is change the permissions of this .dmp file from 0640 to 0644 and then do a gzip and zip it. Is there any way i can change... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwertyu
3 Replies

10. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

How to get the created file to be outputed?

Hi , I am trying to get the log of Datastage job and email it to the user with the log as an attachment and body in the email.every time i run the script one email is sent to the specified user id as expected.and meanwhile an .txt file is created in the path where sript is placed with the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangeethamyra
2 Replies
cracklib-format(8)					      Debian GNU/Linux manual						cracklib-format(8)

NAME
cracklib-format, cracklib-packer, cracklib-unpacker - cracklib dictionary utilities SYNOPSIS
cracklib-format file ... cracklib-packer cracklib_dictpath cracklib-unpacker cracklib_dictpath DESCRIPTION
cracklib-format takes a list of text files each containing a list of words, one per line, It lowercases all words, removes control charac- ters, and sorts the lists. It outputs the cleaned up list to standard output. The text files may be optionally compressed with gzip(1). If you supply massive amounts of text to cracklib-format you must have enough free space available for use by the sort(1) command. If you do not have 20Mb free in /var/tmp (or whatever temporary area your sort(1) command uses), have a look at the /usr/sbin/cracklib-format pro- gram which is a sh(1) program. You can usually tweak the sort(1) command to use any large area of disk you desire, by use of the -T option. cracklib-format has a hook for this. cracklib-packer reads from standard input a list of sorted and cleaned words and creates a database in the directory and prefix given by the command line argument cracklib_dictpath. Three files are created with the suffixes of .hwm, .pwd, and .pwi. These three files are in the format that the FascistCheck(3) subroutine, cracklib-unpacker(8), and cracklib-check(8), utilities understand. The number of words read and written are printed on stdout(3). cracklib-unpacker reads from the database in the directory and prefix given by the command line argument cracklib_dictpath and outputs on standard output the list of words that make up the database. The database is in a binary format generated by the utilities cracklib-format(8) and cracklib-packer(8). On a Debian system the database is located in the directory /var/cache/cracklib/cracklib_dict and is generated daily with the program /etc/cron.daily/cracklib. The loca- tion is also defined in the header file crack.h using the constant CRACKLIB_DICTPATH though none of the subroutines in the cracklib libraries have this location hardcoded into their implementations. FILES
/var/cache/cracklib/cracklib_dict.[hwm|pwd|pwi] cracklib dictionary database files used by utilities. /etc/cron.daily/cracklib cracklib daily cron program to rebuild the cracklib dictionary database. /etc/cracklib/cracklib.conf cracklib configuration file used by the cracklib daily cron program to rebuild the cracklib dictionary database. /usr/include/crack.h cracklib header file defining the subroutine FascistCheck(3) and the constant CRACKLIB_DICTPATH used to compile in the location of the cracklib dictionary database for these utilities. /usr/sbin/cracklib-format cracklib shell script to create initial list of words for dictionary database. SEE ALSO
FascistCheck(3), cracklib-check(8), update-cracklib(8), create-cracklib-dict(8) /usr/share/doc/libcrack2/libcrack2.html /usr/share/doc/cracklib-runtime/cracklib-runtime.html AUTHOR
cracklib2 is written by Alec Muffett <alecm@crypto.dircon.co.uk>. Manual added by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jplejacq@quoininc.com>. 2.7-8.5 Sat Jun 21 22:43:12 CEST 2008 cracklib-format(8)