Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lab ^
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Lab ^ Post 302776889 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 7th of March 2013 05:05:44 AM
Old 03-07-2013
Check out the ^ and $ anchors in regular expressions. Also it says "numbers", not "digits" . -w may work but is not a portable grep option.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VMWare Workstation for home lab

I was wondering if anyone has used VMWare Workstation? I wanted to practice and learn Unix in a networking environment and have my own home lab. However room and money prevent me from buying several computers to do so. Any input would help thank you. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vedder191
0 Replies

2. Programming

Shell Script Lab

In the following Shell Script can anyone help me? What are the total scripts? What are the total binaries? What are the total files? #!/bin/sh GREP="/bin/grep -q" if ; then if ; then for | in ${I}/* ;do file ${I} | ${GREP} "executable" && echo "${I} is a binary" file ${I} |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rktompsett
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cant complete lab ???

heres the lab i did everything but when i issue the automated lab check. but it gives me this everytime ''you are missing the /home/smichaels/Labs/lab2b/group file, please create it as per step 12 of the lab. once you have corrected this problem, re-run the uli101.023 program'' im... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ink
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help completing lab.

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: ''you are missing the /home/smichaels/Labs/lab2b/group file, please create it as per step 12 of the lab. once... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ink
4 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

shell scripting while loop lab 15 help

hi.. this is shell scripting lab15.sh i dont understand this lab i am at the screen shot part. i was wondering if someone can take a quick look at this lab i have linked the doc below. i dont know where to start i have did the Required Errorlevels Errorlevel # but dont... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beerpong1
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me with lab im new to bash....

Write a script that copies the file tree (including subdirectories) in your home directory. As the initial directory to take the directory / usr / share / doc, as the destination directory using the directory $ {HOME} / doc. Write a script corresponding to paragraph 1. Additional conditions: a)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elginmulizwa
1 Replies

7. Hardware

Electricity Savings for home lab

So, I have a kindof off the wall question. I've got 10 computers which I inherited from a charter school that closed that I did their admin work for. They're not servers, just workstations with ubuntu server running on them. I had them all up and running at one point... but crimineys the load on my... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtollefson
8 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Processes Lab

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Here are my directions. I am pretty sure I am doing this right, but I just want someone more experienced to look... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagst3r21
4 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

System Admin. Lab

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a group id with your last name. Create 2 user IDs using your last name and the numbers 1 and 2. For each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagst3r21
3 Replies

10. Hardware

Lab server organized software

Hello, Do you have any suggestion of any tool (web based preferably) about how to organize a lab environment? Now i save some info in excel sheet (one rack per column) , but i was thinking if any software exists. Thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies
DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)					      Debconf						  DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)

NAME
debconf-mergetemplate - merge together multiple debconf template files SYNOPSIS
debconf-mergetemplate [options] [templates.ll ...] templates DESCRIPTION
Note: This utility is deprecated. You should switch to using po-debconf's po2debconf program. This program is useful if you have multiple debconf templates files which you want to merge together into one big file. All the specified files will be read in, merged, and output to standard output. This can be especially useful if you are dealing with translated template files. In this case, you might have your main template file, plus several other files provided by the translators. These files will have translated fields in them, and maybe the translators left in the english versions of the fields they translated, for their reference. So, you want to merge together all the translated templates files with your main templates file. Any fields that are unique to the translated files need to be added in to the correct templates, but any fields they have in common should be superseded by the fields in the main file (which might be more up-to-date). This program handles that case properly, just list each of the translated templates files, and then your main templates file last. OPTIONS
--outdated Merge in even outdated translations. The default is to drop them with a warning message. --drop-old-templates If a translation has an entire template that is not in the master file (and thus is probably an old template), drop that entire template. SEE ALSO
debconf-getlang(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2012-09-10 DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)