Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep the last line and put on mail subject Post 302776755 by RudiC on Wednesday 6th of March 2013 07:56:56 PM
Old 03-06-2013
A little experiment:
Code:
awk 'END {print "\"DATE: "$1 "- PROD DB SIZE: ", $5+0, "- %USED:", $6-0, "\" ", REC |"mail -s"}' OFMT="%.2f" REC=$RECIPIENTS /home/oracle/scripts/dbsizedaily.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put the output of grep in a variable

Hi, in a shell script how can I put the result of a grep command in a variable : myvariable=grep mystring myfilename Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command is not working when put into cron

Hi, I worte a script which runs perfect when i execute it manually. But when i scheduled into cron the grep command alone is not working. the sample script, /usr/bin/grep FTP $subfile > /tmp/tfsrec.dat tfs=`echo $?` if then echo "FTP FOUND" else echo "FTP NOT FOUND" Where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thiru_cs
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep strings from file and put in Column

Dear Experts, My file contains below- GET:SUB:ISI,432350414557432; RESP:0:MD,019352020633:ISI,432350414557432:T11,1:T21,1:T22,1:B16,1:T62,1:BAIC,0:BAOC,1:BOIC,0:BIRO,0:BORO,0:PAID,1; GET:SUB:ISI,432350414581060;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ps avg | grep ? filter the desired out put.

Hi Folk, Following is the command I used to get data related to the DataFlowEngine. I wanted to know the % usage of cpu and memory. ps avg | grep Data This command will show the processes with its PID as : PID TTY STAT TIME PGIN SIZE RSS LIM TSIZ TRS %CPU %MEM COMMAND ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varungupta
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls | grep (i dont know what to put here)

Dear users, I googled for a while, but i have got a lot of different answers regarding a simple unix command. lets say there are a lot of files in a directory. How can i list the files in a directory whose file types is "text"? Thank you in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevincobain2000
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line based on string and put new line with parameter

Hi Folks, I am new to ksh, i have informatica parameter file that i need to update everyday with shell script. i need your help updating this file with new parameters. sample data $$TABLE1_DATE=04-27-2011 $$TABLE2_DATE=04-23-2011 $$TABLE3_DATE=03-19-2011 .......Highligned... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor369
4 Replies

7. Programming

Perl - how to put to the next line if I have same pattern in one line

Dear All, Could you help me how to put to the next line if I have pattern below in Perl language. Data-123 Linux MacOSData-124 windows FreeBSDData-125 OpenBSD NetBSD I would the output below: Data-123 Linux MacOS Data-124 windows FreeBSD Data-125 OpenBSD NetBSD ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: askari
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to put subject and body to mail from two files

Hi all, My sample file is something like this, ORA-00206: Message 206 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA ORA-00202: Message 202 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA ORA-27063: Message 27063 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA ORA-00206: Message 206 not found; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sri1977
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subject line missing while sending mail

Hi, I have below script PROJECT_NAME=UDL/UDL_Weekly sub= echo ${PROJECT_NAME}|cut -d "/" -f2 cat pr.sh|mail -s "`hostname`: $sub failed" sonu.pal@xyz.com While running the script I am receiving the subject line in mail as " podetlsapp01: failed' instead of " podetlsapp01: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a string and add to subject line of a mail?

I am running a mailx command as follows in Linux: mailx -s "Elapsed Time: " ora_dbas < $RUNDIR/sql_timings.out I am trying to parse the file "sla_local_sql_timings.out" for the word Elapsed Time: and get the time from that file stored in a variable and display that variable in the subject... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrkcamry
4 Replies
mailfrom(1)						      General Commands Manual						       mailfrom(1)

NAME
mailfrom - summarize mail folders by subject and sender SYNOPSIS
status] [folder|username]... DESCRIPTION
The command reads one or more mail folders and outputs one line per message in the form: from [subject] where from is the name of the person the message is from, and subject is the subject of the message, if present. If determines that the message is from you, the from portion will read where user is the user the message was sent to. This happens when you receive a copy of a letter you sent. The default folder is your incoming mailbox, See the Operands subsection below. Options recognizes the following options: Print a brief help message summarizing the options. Number the messages using the same numbering scheme used by Very quiet mode. Only error messages are produced. This option is useful in shell scripts, where only the success or failure of the program is important, and output is not desired. Quiet mode. Output only a one-line summary for each mailbox or folder. Add a summary of the number of messages by message status in each mailbox or folder. To get the summary only, use this with the option. The summary has the form: If an item count, n, r, or u is zero, the line is omitted. Only display headers from messages with the given status. status can be one of or and are equivalent. The option can be repeated to print header information from more than one category, for example, only new and unread messages. The values can be abbreviated to their first letters. The default is all messages. Tidy mode. If the from field is long enough to displace the subject field from its normal start column, move the subject down onto the next line. Verbose mode. Print a descriptive header before listing the contents of each mailbox or folder. Operands recognizes the following optional operands: folder|username A file name or the name of a mail user on your system. You can use the format to specify a folder in your mail directory, defined by the string variable in your configuration file. searches for the value as a file name relative to your current directory. Then, if the file name is not an absolute path, it searches for the value relative to the incoming mailbox directory, The first file found is selected. You must have read access to the file. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: Messages matching status are present. No messages matching status are present, but there are some messages. There are no messages at all. An error occurred. If multiple mailboxes or folders are specified, the exit status only applies to the last one examined. This can be used in scripts to determine what kind of mail a user has. EXAMPLES
Display header information from all the messages in your mailbox. Display header information from all new messages in your mailbox. Assuming you have the proper file permissions to read mail, print out header information from all new and unread messages in incoming mail- box. Print only a summary of how many new, unread, and read messages are in your incoming mailbox. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
Your configuration file. Directory of incoming mailboxes. SEE ALSO
elm(1), mail(1), mailx(1), readmail(1). mailfrom(1)