Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep the last line and put on mail subject Post 302776721 by Yoda on Wednesday 6th of March 2013 05:40:45 PM
Old 03-06-2013
OR use tail and cut to get those field values:
Code:
USED_DB=$(tail -1 /home/oracle/scripts/dbsizedaily.txt | cut -d' ' -f5)
USED_PC=$(tail -1 /home/oracle/scripts/dbsizedaily.txt | cut -d' ' -f6)

cat /home/oracle/scripts/dbsizedaily.txt | mail -s "$TODAY: PROD DB Size: $USED_DB - %USED: $USED_PC"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put the output of grep in a variable

Hi, in a shell script how can I put the result of a grep command in a variable : myvariable=grep mystring myfilename Thank you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command is not working when put into cron

Hi, I worte a script which runs perfect when i execute it manually. But when i scheduled into cron the grep command alone is not working. the sample script, /usr/bin/grep FTP $subfile > /tmp/tfsrec.dat tfs=`echo $?` if then echo "FTP FOUND" else echo "FTP NOT FOUND" Where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thiru_cs
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep strings from file and put in Column

Dear Experts, My file contains below- GET:SUB:ISI,432350414557432; RESP:0:MD,019352020633:ISI,432350414557432:T11,1:T21,1:T22,1:B16,1:T62,1:BAIC,0:BAOC,1:BOIC,0:BIRO,0:BORO,0:PAID,1; GET:SUB:ISI,432350414581060;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ps avg | grep ? filter the desired out put.

Hi Folk, Following is the command I used to get data related to the DataFlowEngine. I wanted to know the % usage of cpu and memory. ps avg | grep Data This command will show the processes with its PID as : PID TTY STAT TIME PGIN SIZE RSS LIM TSIZ TRS %CPU %MEM COMMAND ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varungupta
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls | grep (i dont know what to put here)

Dear users, I googled for a while, but i have got a lot of different answers regarding a simple unix command. lets say there are a lot of files in a directory. How can i list the files in a directory whose file types is "text"? Thank you in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevincobain2000
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line based on string and put new line with parameter

Hi Folks, I am new to ksh, i have informatica parameter file that i need to update everyday with shell script. i need your help updating this file with new parameters. sample data $$TABLE1_DATE=04-27-2011 $$TABLE2_DATE=04-23-2011 $$TABLE3_DATE=03-19-2011 .......Highligned... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor369
4 Replies

7. Programming

Perl - how to put to the next line if I have same pattern in one line

Dear All, Could you help me how to put to the next line if I have pattern below in Perl language. Data-123 Linux MacOSData-124 windows FreeBSDData-125 OpenBSD NetBSD I would the output below: Data-123 Linux MacOS Data-124 windows FreeBSD Data-125 OpenBSD NetBSD ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: askari
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to put subject and body to mail from two files

Hi all, My sample file is something like this, ORA-00206: Message 206 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA ORA-00202: Message 202 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA ORA-27063: Message 27063 not found; product=RDBMS; facility=ORA ORA-00206: Message 206 not found; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sri1977
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subject line missing while sending mail

Hi, I have below script PROJECT_NAME=UDL/UDL_Weekly sub= echo ${PROJECT_NAME}|cut -d "/" -f2 cat pr.sh|mail -s "`hostname`: $sub failed" sonu.pal@xyz.com While running the script I am receiving the subject line in mail as " podetlsapp01: failed' instead of " podetlsapp01: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a string and add to subject line of a mail?

I am running a mailx command as follows in Linux: mailx -s "Elapsed Time: " ora_dbas < $RUNDIR/sql_timings.out I am trying to parse the file "sla_local_sql_timings.out" for the word Elapsed Time: and get the time from that file stored in a variable and display that variable in the subject... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrkcamry
4 Replies
XTERMCONTROL(1) 						   User Commands						   XTERMCONTROL(1)

NAME
xtermcontrol - dynamic control of XFree86 xterm properties. SYNOPSIS
xtermcontrol [OPTIONS]... DESCRIPTION
xtermcontrol makes it easy to change colors, title, font and geometry of a running XFree86 xterm(1), as well as to report the current set- tings of the aforementioned properties. Window manipulations de-/iconify, raise/lower, maximize/restore and reset are also supported. To complete the feature set; xtermcontrol lets advanced users issue any xterm control sequence of their choosing. OPTIONS
--fg=COLOR Set foreground color (see also COLOR NAMES). --bg=COLOR Set background color. --colorN=COLOR Set N'th [0-15] color. --highlight=COLOR Set highlight color. --cursor=COLOR Set cursor color. --mouse-fg=COLOR Set mouse pointer foreground color. --mouse-bg=COLOR Set mouse pointer background color. --font=FONT Set font name (see also FONT NAMES). Alternatively it is possible to specify a fontmenu index as '#[0-6]' or navigate the fontmenu by relative sizes as '#+N' or '#-N', where N is an optional integer. --title=STRING Set window title. Note that mechanisms like the bash(1) PROMPT_COMMAND may overwrite the title. --geometry=WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF Set size and/or position. Through its control sequences the xterm only recognize positive XOFF and YOFF offsets, which are pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. xtermcontrol is therefore unable to handle negative offsets as described in the X(7x) GEOMETRY SPECIFICATIONS and therefore truncates negative values to zero. --get-fg Report foreground color. --get-bg Report background color. --get-colorN Report N'th [0-15] color. --get-highlight Report highlight color. --get-cursor Report cursor color. --get-mouse-fg Report mouse pointer foreground color. --get-mouse-bg Report mouse pointer background color. --get-font Report font. --get-title Report window title. --get-geometry Report size and position. The size of the text area is reported in characters and the position is reported in pixels relative to the upper left hand corner of the display. --maximize Maximize window. --restore Restore maximized window. --iconify Iconify window. --de-iconify De-iconify window. --raise Raise window. --lower Lower window. --reset Full reset. --raw=CTLSEQS Issue raw control sequence (see also XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES). --file=FILE Force xtermcontrol to read configurations (see also CONFIGURATION) from FILE instead of the standard personal initialization file ~/.xtermcontrol. --force, -f Skip TERM environment variable check. --verbose, -v Print verbose reports. --help, -h Print help message and exit. --version Print the version number and exit. CONFIGURATION
xtermcontrol reads a default, ~/.xtermcontrol, or a user specified configuration file on startup. Each line in the file is either a com- ment or contains an attribute. Attributes consist of a keyword and an associated value: keyword = value # comment The valid keyword/value combinations are: foreground="COLOR" background="COLOR" highlight="COLOR" cursor="COLOR" mouse-foreground="COLOR" mouse-background="COLOR" geometry="WIDTHxHEIGHT+XOFF+YOFF" font="FONT" color0="COLOR" color1="COLOR" color2="COLOR" color3="COLOR" color4="COLOR" color5="COLOR" color6="COLOR" color7="COLOR" color8="COLOR" color9="COLOR" color10="COLOR" color11="COLOR" color12="COLOR" color13="COLOR" color14="COLOR" color15="COLOR" Whitespace is ignored in attributes unless within a quoted value. The character '#' is taken to begin a comment. Each '#' and all remaining characters on that line is ignored. FONT NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) FONT NAMES. Font names like '-adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--10-100-75-75-m-60-iso8859-1' are very cumber- some to write, so it is convenient to make use of aliases, e.g. 'fixed' or '8x13', if present in fonts.alias files of the font directo- ries. COLOR NAMES
xtermcontrol accepts any X(7x) COLOR NAMES. Basically this means that colors are specified by name or rgb value, e.g. 'blue', 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF' or '#00F'. Colors are typically reported by the xterm in a device-dependent numerical form, e.g. 'rgb:0000/0000/FFFF'. Note that old syntax rgb values should always be quoted to avoid '#' being interpreted as the beginning of a comment by the shell (see also FILES). XTERM CONTROL SEQUENCES
The secret behind xtermcontrol is xterm control sequences. All the possible (there are a plethora of them) control sequences are documented in ctlseqs.txt, found in the xterm(1) distribution (see also FILES). TROUBLESHOOTING
If read/write permissions on the tty's are changed so that special group membership is required to be able to write to the pseudo terminal, the easiest workaround is to install xtermcontrol setuid root. Xterm(1) has three resources, allowWindowOps, allowTitleOps, and allowFontOps, that enables or disables special operations which xtermcon- trol relies on. If any of these resources are set (or defaults) to 'false' xtermcontrol may hang. The resources corresponds to xtermcon- trol options as: allowWindowOps: --raise --lower --restore --maximize --iconify --de-iconify --get-title --geometry --get-geometry allowTitleOps: --title allowFontOps: --font --get-font All three resources can usually be enabled for the current xterm session via a menu; ctrl+rightclick and look for menu item names like 'Allow Window Ops'. To set these resource values persistently you can add the following to either your local ~/.Xdefaults file, or to a system-wide resource file like /etc/X11/app-defaults/XTerm: *VT100.allowWindowOps: true *VT100.allowTitleOps: true *VT100.allowFontOps: true FILES
<XRoot>/X11/rgb.txt Default rgb color name file location. ctlseqs.txt Xterm control sequences documentation. Distributed with xterm from http://dickey.his.com/xterm/ SEE ALSO
xterm(1), X(7x) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2009 Jess Thrysoee <jess@thrysoee.dk> xtermcontrol 2.10 October 17, 2009 XTERMCONTROL(1)