Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Can AIX be installed on a USB Harddisk Post 302776681 by DGPickett on Wednesday 6th of March 2013 04:35:03 PM
Old 03-06-2013
Booting from USB requires BIOS support. Try booting DSL first. If you can boot DSL, then it is more likely that the USB disk is alive enough to support AIX. This post seems a bit sanguine: IBM: AIX - Has anyone installed/booted from USB drive?

If all else fails, can you boot from CD and mount the USB?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Aix 5.1 add new harddisk on 7029-6c3 Server

I have some problem to add a fujitsu Model MAT3147NC on my Aix 5.1 Server. When i run the cfgmrg command and after de lspv command, i can see my disk but i think it's missing some drivers to get operational. Thank's for your help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdulude01
0 Replies

2. AIX

details of installed AIX

Is there anyway, we can find the details of the AIX installed like version, h/w config, subsets loaded, patches loaded? Mugundan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdarm
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Aix usb stick

I have a P-Series Machine running AIX 5.3, it has a USB Port on the front of the server, can I use a USB Stick on AIX platforms?? if so how..:rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BEVAN
2 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris 10 errors mount external usb Harddisk zfs on a nas without cdrom

Hi, I try to mount an external USB HD on a solaris 10 without any success. Machine hardware: i86pc OS version: 5.10 Processor type: i386 Hardware: i86pc The HD is a zfs, but I installed this with a Ubuntu 8.10. iostat -En displays this: --> so the system... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: edubidu
0 Replies

5. AIX

How big is AIX installed base (i.e. number of deployed systems)?

Hi, Just wondered if anyone knows the approximate size of the AIX installed base, i.e. number of machines running out there. I'm expecting a figure of less than a million. There seems to be a lack of info on the web. Presumably only IBM know for sure! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: garethr
3 Replies

6. AIX

finding 3rd party Applications installed on AIX

Hi,. I want to know how to find out 3rd party application installed on aix, example Oracle database if it is installed on aix box it is not showing as installed using lslpp -l command Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

7. AIX

how to know if my aix have multi-path driver installed?

I have an aix server, it is not a VIO server or client. I need to check if it has multi-path driver installed, how to check it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check if SQLLDR has been installed on Unix/Aix servers

How can i check if sqlldr has been installed on my AIX/UNIX mechine? Is there any unix script to check this one out.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
0 Replies

9. AIX

file set not getting installed in aix

Hi One of the file set is not getting installed in aix. ========================================================================================= cbspsap01:/ # lppchk -v lppchk: The following filesets need to be installed or corrected to bring the system to a consistent state:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

10. AIX

Username and installed application on AIX.

Hi, I am looking to get a list of applications and corresponding user who installed the same (owner) on AIX host. Can anyone confirm how can this information be retrieved? We can use "rpm" to get list of packages available on AIX, but is there a way to get the corresponding user as well for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
2 Replies
UPLCOM(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 UPLCOM(4)

NAME
uplcom -- USB support for Prolific PL-2303/2303X/2303HX serial adapters driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device uplcom device ucom Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): uplcom_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The uplcom driver provides support for various serial adapters based on the Prolific PL-2303, PL-2303X and PL-2303HX USB-to-RS232 Bridge chips. The device is accessed through the ucom(4) driver which makes it behave like a tty(4). HARDWARE
The uplcom driver supports the following adapters: o ATEN UC-232A o BAFO BF-800 o BAFO BF-810 o Belkin F5U257 o ELECOM UC-SGT o HAL Corporation Crossam2+USB IR commander o Hama USB RS-232 Serial Adapter o Hamlet exagerate XURS232 o IOGEAR UC-232A o I/O DATA USB-RSAQ o I/O DATA USB-RSAQ2 o I/O DATA USB-RSAQ3 o Mobile Action MA-620 Infrared Adapter o PLANEX USB-RS232 URS-03 o RATOC REX-USB60 o Radio Shack USB Serial Cable o Sandberg USB to Serial Link (model number 133-08) o SOURCENEXT KeikaiDenwa 8 (with and without charger) o Sony Ericsson USB Cable (Susteen USB Data Cable) o Willcom W-SIM DD PHS terminal.(WS002IN) SEE ALSO
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The uplcom driver appeared in NetBSD 1.6. This manual page was adopted from NetBSD by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> in April 2002. BSD
November 22, 2006 BSD