Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Csh variable calling problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Csh variable calling problem Post 302776675 by sabrepride on Wednesday 6th of March 2013 04:26:09 PM
Old 03-06-2013
I would like to stay with it because I have large programs written. I knew someone would bring this up, next project I start ill change to something more modern.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling C from within a csh script

After I compile a C program, when I run it from a C shell script, it does not print out the results. e.g: myCFile.c: main(){printf("Hey");} myCshScript: myCFile This does not output "Hey" to the terminal window. I am not even sure if it is executed or not. What should I do to see the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: barisgultekin
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling csh script from ksh shell

hi, I have a csh script, which has setenv X xyz etc My shell is korn Is there some way I can "source" this to have the variables in my current korn shell? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with multiline variable in csh

My shell is csh and it is required. I have a file like sample.txt ------------------------ a b c d e f g h i ------------------------ I want set the file to a variable and print it out in the same format. I have tried something like this, but not succed. % cat ~/tmp/sample.txt a b c d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anykao
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a variable in csh

I have a simple script that sets a value and reads the value in csh: set -x set a = 10 echo $a The output of the script does not show the value of a + set a = 10 + echo any help would be great. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pt14
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling awk from csh

I am trying to call awk from a csh script using awk '{print $1, -$2, $3}' $fvmod.vel > $fvmod.xzv and getting awk: Command not found. Running awk '{print $1, -$2, $3}' $fvmod.vel > $fvmod.xzv on the command line with the actual filenames works (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling awk fom csh

I have to call two awk scripts where the second one used the output from the first one. Am wondering if it may happen that the second awk might start before the first awk finished creating the file... if ($nAnomaly == 1) then awk -v anomaly=$Anom -v zloc="$zmin/$zmax" -v dz=$dz \ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

csh and variable values with spaces

my working shell is csh and even though if I try to run my script in plain sh, it behaves the same way. Here's a simple script: #!/bin/sh desc='"test my changes"' cmd="echo \"$desc\"" $cmd I want $desc to be passed as an argument to another command, but csh apparently doesn't like spaces in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iskatel
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check existence of variable in csh

Hi All, I want to check existence of variable, whose name gets decided dynamically. E.g. value of this variable,is derived as $option_"exclude" , where value of option varies depending upon user input. I am trying to do it in a following way : set exclude_var = `echo $option"_exclude"`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashmee
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a Variable based on a Variable

Hi all, I have a source config file with variables like so: eth1_ip=192.168.1.99 eth2_ip=192.168.1.123 eth3_ip=172.16.1.1 I am trying to run a script which loops based on the number of eth interfaces on a machine and therefore modifies the variable it calls in the environment based on the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a variable of variable from a file

Hi All, I have file which have looks like below abc=${def} def=${efg} efg= "this is the actual value" based on "abc" value I have to call "efg" value , Am using below lines but it is not working #!/bin/bash source file.txt echo $abc Please wrap all code, files, input &... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashanth.K
5 Replies
IBOD.CF(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							IBOD.CF(4)

NAME
ibod.cf - configuration file for ibod (ISDN Bandwidth On Demand) DESCRIPTION
This file contains the initial configuration values for the ibod daemon. Each line contains a keyword and a value. Boolean attributes are set with 0 or 1 which corresponds to false and true respectively. A boolean attribute not specified at all is always false. Lines beginning with # are treated as comments and will be ignored. IMPORTANT RULES! 1. Keywords are case sensitive. 2. Kewords must begin at the first column. 3. Keywords and values must be separated by exactly one (1) space or tab character. This file is re-read every time ibod receives SIGHUP (1) signal. OPTIONS DEVICE <name> Name of ISDN PPP device. Default is ippp0. ENABLE 1|0 Enable/disable bandwidth-on-demand. Default is enable (1). INTERVAL <n> Specify the sample time interval in ms. Default is 500 ms. FILTER <n> Defines "filtering factor". A value of 10 means that the average bytes/sec value measured over 10 intervals must pass the limit defined by LIMIT to bring up or down the slave link. Default is 5. LIMIT <n> Transfer rate limit in bytes/sec for bringing up or down ISDN slave channel. Default is 7000. STAYUP 0|1 Enable/disable slave channel stay up function. If enabled, the 2:nd cannel (slave link) will stay up even if the average bytes/sec decrease the value defined by LIMIT. In this case the slave link will stay up until hangup time is reached. (Example: isdnctrl hup- timeout ippp1 60) If disabled the slave link will be brought down in the same way it was brought up. Default is 0. STAYUP_TIME <n> Defines the minimum time in seconds the 2:nd channel will unconditionally stay up after it has been brought up. Default value is 30. SEE ALSO
ibod(1) and xibod(1) AUTHOR
Bjoern Smith, Smith@Compound.SE IBOD.CF(4)