Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RAM check
Operating Systems Solaris RAM check Post 302776313 by hicksd8 on Wednesday 6th of March 2013 06:47:31 AM
Old 03-06-2013
Normally booting and running Solaris will tell you soon enough if you have a hardware problem.

If I really suspect that my hardware is sick in some obsure way then I install SunVTS (Google that) to run extensive diagnostics.
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Total ram

Hi How can i find the total ram in the system? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orca
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Ram structure

Hi all, I would like know if we can enter a command under UNIX (HPUX 10.xx) to know the hard ram memory structure . Thanks Dorian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dorian
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAM Drive

I need to have fast access to some of my files (like 5 Gb). Im on: Linux franklin3 2.4.21-4.EL #1 Fri Oct 3 18:13:58 EDT 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux How can I load my files in my RAM ? Thank you in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gab
0 Replies

4. Solaris

getting available physical RAM

What command should I be using on Solaris 9 to get an accurate representation of the available physical RAM? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

5. AIX

Know RAM and CPU

Dear How i can know the ( RAM and CPU ) on unix. we use AIX operating system. This is for security purposes. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: abu_hassan
10 Replies

6. Red Hat

red hat Linux 5.0 is detecting 3gb ram but physical ram is 16gb

Hi, On server 64bit Hw Arch , Linux 5.0(32bit) is installed it is showing only 3gb of ram though physical is 16gb can u give me idea why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to check RAM usage

Hi Guys, How can i check the RAM usage for a particular user on the Linux machine. What command can be used. Thanks in advance, Swapna (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
1 Replies

8. Hardware

skip RAM check?

is there a way to skip RAM check on sparc boot before the ok prompt? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Need to check full utilization of my pc RAM - any commands ???

hi guys, I wanted to utilize my PC's full RAM memory to check its performance, for that how can i perform this full RAM utilization with the help of a process or a command in rhel 6. for example, in windows, while checking the harddisk for error (chkdsk - command ) could takes full RAM... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to update the RAM

hi, i m working on my ubuntu 12.10 i wanted to update my desktop's RAM. so kindly let me know how i get below details (thru commands in terminal) 1) what is the processor am using currently 2) what is the RAM am using currently 3) max how much i can upgrade my RAM (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandpasunoori
4 Replies
ddi_intr_get_supported_types(9F)										  ddi_intr_get_supported_types(9F)

NAME
ddi_intr_get_supported_types - return information on supported hardware interrupt types SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/conf.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_intr_get_supported_types(dev_info_t *dip, int *typesp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI) dip Pointer to dev_info structure typesp Pointer to supported interrupt types The ddi_intr_get_supported_types() function retrieves the interrupt types supported by a particular hardware device and by the system soft- ware. Upon successful return, the supported types are returned as a bit mask in the integer pointed to by the typesp argument. See <sys/ddi_intr.h> for a list of interrupts that can be returned by a hardware device. For PCI devices that support MSI and/or MSI-X based hardware, this interface returns only the interrupt types that are supported by all the hardware in the path to the hardware device. An interrupt type is usable by the hardware device if it is returned by the ddi_intr_get_supported_types() function. The device driver can be programmed to use one of the returned interrupt types to receive hardware interrupts. The ddi_intr_get_supported_types() function returns: DDI_SUCCESS On success. DDI_EINVAL On encountering invalid input parameters. DDI_INTR_NOTFOUND Returned when the hardware device is found not to support any hardware interrupts. CONTEXT
The ddi_intr_get_supported_types() function can be called from user or kernel non-interrupt context. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pci(4), attributes(5), pcmcia(7D), sysbus(4), ddi_intr_add_handler(9F), ddi_intr_alloc(9F), ddi_intr_enable(9F) The ddi_intr_get_supported_types() function can be called by the device driver even at any time if the driver has added an interrupt han- dler for a given interrupt type. Soft interrupts are always usable and are not returned by this interface. Any consumer of this interface should verify that the return value is not equal to DDI_SUCCESS. Incomplete checking for failure codes could result in inconsistent behavior among platforms. 07 Apr 2005 ddi_intr_get_supported_types(9F)