Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: RAM check
Operating Systems Solaris RAM check Post 302776257 by orange47 on Wednesday 6th of March 2013 05:45:48 AM
Old 03-06-2013
RAM check

is there a way to thoroughly test RAM in Solaris10 (SPARC)?
or is boot test good enough?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Total ram

Hi How can i find the total ram in the system? :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orca
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

Ram structure

Hi all, I would like know if we can enter a command under UNIX (HPUX 10.xx) to know the hard ram memory structure . Thanks Dorian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dorian
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RAM Drive

I need to have fast access to some of my files (like 5 Gb). Im on: Linux franklin3 2.4.21-4.EL #1 Fri Oct 3 18:13:58 EDT 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux How can I load my files in my RAM ? Thank you in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gab
0 Replies

4. Solaris

getting available physical RAM

What command should I be using on Solaris 9 to get an accurate representation of the available physical RAM? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

5. AIX

Know RAM and CPU

Dear How i can know the ( RAM and CPU ) on unix. we use AIX operating system. This is for security purposes. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: abu_hassan
10 Replies

6. Red Hat

red hat Linux 5.0 is detecting 3gb ram but physical ram is 16gb

Hi, On server 64bit Hw Arch , Linux 5.0(32bit) is installed it is showing only 3gb of ram though physical is 16gb can u give me idea why? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to check RAM usage

Hi Guys, How can i check the RAM usage for a particular user on the Linux machine. What command can be used. Thanks in advance, Swapna (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
1 Replies

8. Hardware

skip RAM check?

is there a way to skip RAM check on sparc boot before the ok prompt? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Need to check full utilization of my pc RAM - any commands ???

hi guys, I wanted to utilize my PC's full RAM memory to check its performance, for that how can i perform this full RAM utilization with the help of a process or a command in rhel 6. for example, in windows, while checking the harddisk for error (chkdsk - command ) could takes full RAM... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhatlbug
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to update the RAM

hi, i m working on my ubuntu 12.10 i wanted to update my desktop's RAM. so kindly let me know how i get below details (thru commands in terminal) 1) what is the processor am using currently 2) what is the RAM am using currently 3) max how much i can upgrade my RAM (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anandpasunoori
4 Replies
ldns-test-edns(1)					      General Commands Manual						 ldns-test-edns(1)

NAME
ldns-test-edns - test if dns cache supports EDNS and DNSSEC. SYNOPSIS
ldns-test-edns [ -i ] { ip } DESCRIPTION
ldns-test-edns tests a DNS cache and checks if it supports EDNS0 and DNSSEC types so that it can be used as a dnssec-enabled DNS cache. It sends two queries to the cache, one for the root key and one for a DS record. These must succeed, the answer must have EDNS, that type and signatures. If the IP address is good for DNSSEC, it is printed with 'OK'. Otherwise short description is given of the failure. If OK is given, the cache should be good to use as a cache for a local configured DNSSEC validator. The tool assumes the root is signed and Sweden is signed. Also, the queries are sent with the CD flag, the tool does not check that the results are validated, but that they can be validated. OPTIONS
-i option enables a mode where the working IP addresses are printed after another, with no other explanations, and if none work or no IP addresses are on the input, 'off' is printed. ldns-test-edns takes one or more IP addresses, it checks them in turn. IPv4 and IPv6 addresses can be given. The exit value is for the last checked IP address: 0 is OK, 1 is failure, 2 is some sort of network failure. AUTHOR
Written by the ldns team as an example for ldns usage. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <ldns-team@nlnetlabs.nl>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 NLnet Labs. This is free software. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PUR- POSE. 14 Dec 2010 ldns-test-edns(1)