Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Netapp iscsi lun
Operating Systems AIX Netapp iscsi lun Post 302776099 by sunnybee on Wednesday 6th of March 2013 01:58:00 AM
Old 03-06-2013
Netapp iscsi lun

Hi,

I have aix 6.1 box. I want to configure iscsi luns from netapp storage. I tried in google but not getting proper solution for that. i m not getting the proper iqn name.

Please share me the steps to complete this requirements.

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Netapp filer LUN Resize. Commands to run on Solaris afterwards.

Hi, I need to increase a veritas filesystem I have currently mounted on a Solaris 10 server. We can resize the LUN on the NetApp filer no problem. What I need to know is what do I do next on the Solaris 10 server I have so that it will see the increase in size. Do I run 'devfsadm' to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Can't see Netapp LUN on Solaris using LPFC after reboot.

Hi, I've just edited this post. I found the solution for this. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
0 Replies

3. AIX

Help growing iscsi lun

Hi, I have an iSCSI LUN of 200GB. I increased it to 250GB and when I try to increase the size of the vg, I'm getting an error that none of the volumes have increased in size. How can I get the OS to see the additional 50GB? ---------- Post updated at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous update... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
9 Replies

4. Solaris

Set up iscsi LUN on solaris 9?

Hi, I need to set up iscsi LUN on Solaris 9. I've done it on Solaris 10 with iscsiadm. How do you do it on Solaris 9 though? Currently using Solaris 9 update 2. Your help is appreciated. Thanks, Sparcman (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris10 -> iscsi -> equiliogic lun

We "lose" the iscsi device after a reboot - i.e., it appears in /dev/rdsk and /dev/dsk but format cannot find it. Obviously, it won't mount either. This happens for two separately defined luns. We must be missing a step in iscsiadm. The luns are defined as targets, we can see them in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jim mcnamara
2 Replies

6. AIX

Any tips to grow iSCSI LUN

Hi, I have an iSCSI LUN attached to an AIX 5.3 box. It's initial size is 250GB, I just grew it on the SAN to 300GB, but AIX is not seeing the change. Right now I have some processes going and it's eating up the disk space. I need to grow this lun by atleast 30GB otherwise the process with bomb... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

DM multipath :iscsi lun shows by diff names on two server where its exported

Hi, I am trying to setup multipathing (using DM multipath) for a redhat cluster setup ...all setup is done but issue is : node 1 shows the shared iscsi lun as sdc node 2 shows the same as sdg (changes on reboots) Due to this (i guess) i get i/o error & i can not read files created by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: heman96
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Make an iSCSI LUN clone bootable

trying to do this for a DR situation. I've cloned an iSCSI LUN to another server. I've created an LDOM on it. set the LDOM to auto-boot=false and exported the LUN as a raw disk to the new LDOM. After starting the LDOM and telnetting to it. I can get to the OK prompt and see the disk but when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Restore of Netapp FC lun targets used as the disks for a zpool with exported zfs file systems

So, We have a Netapp storage solution. We have Sparc T4-4s running with LDOMS and client zones in the LDOMS, We are using FC for storage comms. So here's the basic setup FC luns are exported to the primary on the Sparc box. using LDM they are then exported to the LDOM using vdisk. at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
4 Replies

10. Linux

Identify newly attached LUN from NetApp

Hi I need to identify a newly attached LUN from NetApp on a linuxserver running uname -o GNU/Linux I have first run the df -h and got the following: df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/mapper/vg_outsystemdb-lv_root 50G 2.7G 45G ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
3 Replies
iscsi(7D)																 iscsi(7D)

NAME
iscsi - iSCSI software initiator driver The iscsi driver is a software initiator that transports SCSI commands over TCP/IP as described in RFC 3720. The initiator is administered through iscsiadm(1M). The iscsi initiator acts as a host adapter driver that attaches the appropriate target driver (for example sd(7D) for disks or st(7D) for tapes) for devices it discovers. See the System Administration Guide for more information. /kernel/drv/iscsi 32-bit ELF kernel driver. /kernel/drv/sparcv9/iscsi 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel driver. /kernel/drv/amd64/iscsi 64-bit AMD64 ELF kernel driver. /kernel/drv/iscsi.conf Driver configuration file. /etc/iscsi/* iscsi persistent store. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWiscsir, SUNWiscsiu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ iscsiadm(1M), attributes(5) RFC 3720 Internet Small Computer Systems Interface (iSCSI) System Administration Guide: Devices and File Systems, Chapter 15 12 April 2005 iscsi(7D)