Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Laptop freezing issues
Special Forums Hardware Laptop freezing issues Post 302776049 by Amous on Wednesday 6th of March 2013 12:29:32 AM
Old 03-06-2013
First I think you should update your drivers. There are also need to perform followings steps.
Hereafter, reboot the laptop and check the ping results for websites:
1. Press 'Windows' + R key, type cmd in the Run dialog box and press Enter.
2. Once the Command Prompt window appears, type ping dell.com and press Enter.
3. Check if the ping statistics are Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0.
4. Now, type ping 143.166.224.244 and press Enter; check if the ping results are similar.

it support gold coast | world's best IT services just a click away

Last edited by Amous; 06-24-2013 at 04:58 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CDE freezing

I am running Solaris 8 intel and recently my Common Desktop environment will not load. I enter the root username and password at the prompt, it switches to the CDE screen and the freezes. The OpenWindows environment works fine. I tried with a regular username (not root) and I get the same resutls.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

2. SCO

SCO Unix 5.0.5 freezing

Hie I use SCO Unix 5.0.5 as my operating system and i have been having the following problem for the past couple of days : After every 3 hours or more , my system freezes and all users are locked out .I can not do anything even on the console . Each time i have to press the reset button... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babby
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Jet/Jumpstart installation freezing

Hi guys, I have a problem with installing new Solaris servers via jet/jumpstart (tried both). I`ve configured server, created profile for a client, issued {1} boot net -v install and went to get some cofee... After I came back, client was able to load system from server, get IP and,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: masloff
4 Replies

4. SCO

X Server -> keyboard and mouse are freezing

hi I've configured X Server using Video Configuration Manager on SCO 5.0.6, but the keyboard and mouse are freezing after 5 minutes on the graphical login mask. ---------- Post updated at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:43 AM ---------- BTW I finished the configuration,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Mouse freezing after idle time

Hi All, I am having a problem where my mouse (USB) is freezing after some idle time, and I am having to reboot everytime that happens. I looked in the file /etc/X11/xorg.config to see if there is an entry for mouse and I could not find it. Instead I found the following entry: Section... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
8 Replies

6. BSD

FreeBSD 8.1 and OSS: system freezing

Hey all, This is my first post and I'm a brand new unix user. Just to let ya know, my technical knowledge consists of windows and linux(Ubuntu, Fedora, Sabayon, and Arch Linux), so I'm not a complete NOOB at using unix-like OSes. Anyway, I installed FreeBSD 8.1 yesterday and everything is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathanbrownitt
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Connect 2 laptops with RJ45 cable (Ubuntu 10.10 laptop with Windows 7 laptop)

Hi to all, I have the problem that a laptops with windows XP cannot startup even in safe mode nor using last good known configuration. I have a Ubuntu 10.10 Live CD and booting from it I can read the Hard Drive. I need to do a backup the Hard Drive from XP laptop and I want to connect this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
5 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Laptop to laptop transfer files

Dear all, I would like to transfer my old laptop documents/files etc to the new laptop without using any external hard disk. Please let me know if its possible via any way. Thank in advance, emily (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cp freezing from Seagate HDD to Win7

Hello all, Earlier I had a mac book and created a HFS+ file system on Seagate 1 TB external HDD, copied around 200 GB content. Now, I have a Windows 7 machine and wanted to copy the HDD contents to this new machine. Tried using MacDrive10 to mount HFS+ file system in Windows. Mouting is fine and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
1 Replies

10. Linux

Linux keeps freezing on UFW BLOCK

Hi everyone, I have had trouble getting several versions of Linux stable on my machine over the last few months. I do not think the issue is with the machine. Windows ran fine on it for a long time. The current issue is that whenever I lock the screen then come back after a long time I find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies
nisping(1M)                                                                                                                            nisping(1M)

NAME
nisping - send ping to NIS+ servers SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nis/nisping [-uf] [-H hostname] [-r | directory] /usr/lib/nis/nisping -C [-a] [-H hostname] [directory] In the first line, the nisping command sends a ``ping'' to all replicas of an NIS+ directory. Once a replica receives a ping, it will check with the master server for the directory to get updates. Prior to pinging the replicas, this command attempts to determine the last update "seen" by a replica and the last update logged by the master. If these two timestamps are the same, the ping is not sent. The -f (force) option will override this feature. Under normal circumstances, NIS+ replica servers get the new information from the master NIS+ server within a short time. Therefore, there should not be any need to use nisping. In the second line, the nisping -C command sends a checkpoint request to the servers. If no directory is specified, the home domain, as returned by nisdefaults(1), is checkpointed. If all directories, served by a given server, have to be checkpointed, then use the -a option. On receiving a checkpoint request, the servers would commit all the updates for the given directory from the table log files to the data- base files. This command, if sent to the master server, will also send updates to the replicas if they are out of date. This option is needed because the database log files for NIS+ are not automatically checkpointed. nisping should be used at frequent intervals (such as once a day) to checkpoint the NIS+ database log files. This command can be added to the crontab(1) file. If the database log files are not checkpointed, their sizes will continue to grow. If the server specified by the -H option does not serve the directory, then no ping is sent. Per-server and per-directory access restrictions may apply; see nisopaccess(1). nisping uses NIS_CPTIME and NIS_PING (resync (ping) of replicas), or NIS_CHECKPOINT (for checkpoint). Since the NIS_PING operation does not return a status, the nisping command is typically unable to indicate success or failure for resyncs. -a Checkpoint all directories on the server. -C Send a request to checkpoint, rather than a ping, to each server. The servers schedule to commit all the transactions to stable storage. -H hostname Only the host hostname is sent the ping, checked for an update time, or checkpointed. -f Force a ping, even though the timestamps indicate there is no reason to do so. This option is useful for debugging. -r This option can be used to update or get status about the root object from the root servers, especially when new root replicas are added or deleted from the list. If used without -u option, -r will send a ping request to the servers serving the root domain. When the replicas receive a ping, they will update their root object if needed. The -r option can be used with all other options except with the -C option; the root object need not be checkpointed. -u Display the time of the last update; no servers are sent a ping. -1 No servers were contacted, or the server specified by the -H switch could not be contacted. 0 Success. 1 Some, but not all, servers were successfully contacted. Example 1: Using nisping This example pings all replicas of the default domain: example% nisping Note that this example will not ping the org_dir and groups_dir subdirectories within this domain. This example pings the server example which is a replica of the org_dir.foo.com. directory: example% nisping -H example org_dir.foo.com. This example checkpoints all servers of the org_dir.bar.com. directory. example% nisping -C org_dir.bar.com. NIS_PATH If this variable is set, and the NIS+ directory name is not fully qualified, each directory specified will be searched until the directory is found. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ crontab(1), nisdefaults(1), nisopaccess(1), nislog(1M), nisfiles(4), attributes(5) NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. 12 Dec 2001 nisping(1M)