Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE SVN(subversion) installation on SLES 11 Post 302775667 by rupeshkp728 on Tuesday 5th of March 2013 08:31:51 AM
Old 03-05-2013
SVN(subversion) installation on SLES 11

I had installed svn on SLES 11 using comands:
zypper addrepo http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...s:scm:svn.repo
zypper refresh
zypper install subversion

But when I run svn it gives me error as:
linux-uw85:~/Desktop # svn help
svn: error while loading shared libraries: libserf-1.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

How to get this library issue resolved?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

subversion installation problem

Hi all- I'm stuck on a problem here, trying to compile subversion 1.0.5 on a sunfire 2000. I grabbed the binaries, added the packages, and figured I was to go. When I ran the configure script, I got the following error message: checking for gcc... no checking for cc... cc checking for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

SVN subversion performance issue.

Hello to everyone, I am having svn performace issue. Whenever i am doing svn checkout it's slower on one machine than other Xen machine. I will try to explain what is goin on here. I have 3 machine and all three running linux (Centos 5) Machine A is running Svn server. Machine B... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: email-lalit
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with Subversion SVN

Hi, I am trtying to install SVN server with Apache. I have already configured apache with SVN modulesh and the same can be seen in the modules directory. -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 34740 Jul 3 13:43 mod_authz_svn.so -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 385133 Jul 3 13:43 mod_dav_svn.so now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

integrating svn (subversion) with vi editor

hi, I have installed subversion in my debian system.and is working properly with authentication. my repository has only one workspace. and many authenticated users edit files in this. my question is simple. can we integrate svn with vi ,so that if anyone edits the file and make any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhusudankh
1 Replies

5. SuSE

SLES 9 vs SLES 11 hard drive cache read timings are diffrent

Can anyone give me a little clue on why the hard drive cache read timings on sles 9 is better then sles 11? The same hardware was used in both test. I even deleted the ata_generic module from initrd. The speed difference is 10MB vs 5 MB Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 3junior
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SVN Subversion Mac Questions

Hello all, I am the owner of a company that just lost it's programmer. Because I am not a programmer, I am trying to see if I can get some assistance setting up the following: Hey - couple questions On the SERVER SVN is kept. Is is maintained under the user USERSERVER The problem is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyoyo777
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SVN installation problem.

Hi, I am a perl user. I cannot check in files in my server. I have been provided with a svn_bin/svn file. I have put that file in my home directory. I need to extract the file using some command but am not successfull in getting the command. the command should be run so that i ll be able... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SVN installation in UNIX

Hi all, I need ur help in installing SVN for unix. I am desperately need some helps on how to install SVN in unix. I have downloaded subversion-1.7.4.tar.gz . I have unzipped it and when i tried to ./configure it. I am unable to do so getting the error like "-bash: /.configure: No such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpak10
5 Replies

9. SuSE

Failure of Vmware Server 2 installation on SLES 11 SP2

Issue: I am trying to install Vmware Server 2(VMware-server-2.0.2-203138.x86_64) installation on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) SP2 and it fails with error: None of the pre-built vmmon modules for VMware Server is suitable for your running kernel. Do you want this program to try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making post down hook script for svn regarding sending emails after an file is committed in svn

Hi Folks , I am asking this question but i apologise please if this is not the correct forum , I have to develop a shell script that i want to place in at hooks/post-commit , that is basically i have to develop a post hook script and the main functionality of that script would be lets say if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsun06060606
0 Replies
native::Base(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   native::Base(3)

NAME
SVN::Base - Base class for importing symbols for svn modules SYNOPSIS
# Load the svn_ra_* functions into the SVN::Ra namespace. package SVN::Ra; use SVN::Base qw(Ra svn_ra_); # Load svn_config_t structure accessors in the magic namcespace # provided by swig, so we could use it returned by other functions package _p_svn_config_t; use SVN::Base qw(Core svn_config_); DESCRIPTION
SVN::Base is a module importing the subversion perl bindings raw symbols created by swig, into proper namespace and make them easier to use. It will also find the accessors for members of a C struct, create an simpler accessor function like "$data->field()" and "$data->field($new_value)". Once you understand the convention of subversion functions in perl bindings, you could look at the subversion api and write them in perl. The API is available in the source header files or online at http://svn.collab.net/svn-doxygen/. INTERNALS
The perl bindings of swig wraps raw functions into different perl modules, for example, SVN::_Core, SVN::_Repos. Upon import, SVN::Base bootstrap the requested module if it's not yet loaded, and iterate over the symbols provided in that module, it them puts the function with prefix trimmed in the namespace of the caller for this import. The 3rd through the last parameter is a list of symbol endings that you wish for SVN::Base not to import into your namespace. This is useful for cases where you may want to import certaion symbols differently than normally. CAVEATS
SVN::Base consider a function as structure member accessor if it is postfixed ``_get'' or ``_set''. Real functions with this postfixes will need extra handling. AUTHORS
Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003 CollabNet. All rights reserved. This software is licensed as described in the file COPYING, which you should have received as part of this distribution. The terms are also available at http://subversion.tigris.org/license-1.html. If newer versions of this license are posted there, you may use a newer version instead, at your option. This software consists of voluntary contributions made by many individuals. For exact contribution history, see the revision history and logs, available at http://subversion.tigris.org/. perl v5.12.1 2004-12-04 native::Base(3)