Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE SVN(subversion) installation on SLES 11 Post 302775667 by rupeshkp728 on Tuesday 5th of March 2013 08:31:51 AM
Old 03-05-2013
SVN(subversion) installation on SLES 11

I had installed svn on SLES 11 using comands:
zypper addrepo http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...s:scm:svn.repo
zypper refresh
zypper install subversion

But when I run svn it gives me error as:
linux-uw85:~/Desktop # svn help
svn: error while loading shared libraries: libserf-1.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

How to get this library issue resolved?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

subversion installation problem

Hi all- I'm stuck on a problem here, trying to compile subversion 1.0.5 on a sunfire 2000. I grabbed the binaries, added the packages, and figured I was to go. When I ran the configure script, I got the following error message: checking for gcc... no checking for cc... cc checking for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

SVN subversion performance issue.

Hello to everyone, I am having svn performace issue. Whenever i am doing svn checkout it's slower on one machine than other Xen machine. I will try to explain what is goin on here. I have 3 machine and all three running linux (Centos 5) Machine A is running Svn server. Machine B... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: email-lalit
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with Subversion SVN

Hi, I am trtying to install SVN server with Apache. I have already configured apache with SVN modulesh and the same can be seen in the modules directory. -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 34740 Jul 3 13:43 mod_authz_svn.so -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 385133 Jul 3 13:43 mod_dav_svn.so now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

integrating svn (subversion) with vi editor

hi, I have installed subversion in my debian system.and is working properly with authentication. my repository has only one workspace. and many authenticated users edit files in this. my question is simple. can we integrate svn with vi ,so that if anyone edits the file and make any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhusudankh
1 Replies

5. SuSE

SLES 9 vs SLES 11 hard drive cache read timings are diffrent

Can anyone give me a little clue on why the hard drive cache read timings on sles 9 is better then sles 11? The same hardware was used in both test. I even deleted the ata_generic module from initrd. The speed difference is 10MB vs 5 MB Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 3junior
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SVN Subversion Mac Questions

Hello all, I am the owner of a company that just lost it's programmer. Because I am not a programmer, I am trying to see if I can get some assistance setting up the following: Hey - couple questions On the SERVER SVN is kept. Is is maintained under the user USERSERVER The problem is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyoyo777
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SVN installation problem.

Hi, I am a perl user. I cannot check in files in my server. I have been provided with a svn_bin/svn file. I have put that file in my home directory. I need to extract the file using some command but am not successfull in getting the command. the command should be run so that i ll be able... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SVN installation in UNIX

Hi all, I need ur help in installing SVN for unix. I am desperately need some helps on how to install SVN in unix. I have downloaded subversion-1.7.4.tar.gz . I have unzipped it and when i tried to ./configure it. I am unable to do so getting the error like "-bash: /.configure: No such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpak10
5 Replies

9. SuSE

Failure of Vmware Server 2 installation on SLES 11 SP2

Issue: I am trying to install Vmware Server 2(VMware-server-2.0.2-203138.x86_64) installation on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64) SP2 and it fails with error: None of the pre-built vmmon modules for VMware Server is suitable for your running kernel. Do you want this program to try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making post down hook script for svn regarding sending emails after an file is committed in svn

Hi Folks , I am asking this question but i apologise please if this is not the correct forum , I have to develop a shell script that i want to place in at hooks/post-commit , that is basically i have to develop a post hook script and the main functionality of that script would be lets say if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsun06060606
0 Replies
SVN-UPGRADE(1)							 Command reference						    SVN-UPGRADE(1)

NAME
svn-upgrade - upgrade source package from a new upstream revision SYNOPSIS
svn-upgrade newsource [options] DESCRIPTION
svn-upgrade modifies a Debian package source located in a Subversion repository, upgrading it to a new upstream release. The repository filesystem tree must be in the format created by svn-inject. OPTIONS
svn-upgrade accepts the following options on the command-line: -V STRING | --version STRING Forces a different upstream version string Default: Off. -c | --clean Runs make clean and removes the debian/ directory in the new source. Default: Off. -P STRING | --packagename STRING Forces a different package name Default: Off. -v | --verbose More verbose program output Default: Off. -r | --replay-conflicting Extra cleanup run: replaces all conflicting files with upstream versions. Review of svn status output before doing that could make sense. Default: Off. -N | --noautodch Upgrade without making a new changelog entry. Default: Make the changelog entry. -u | --uscan Use uscan to download the new version. --noninteractive Turn off interactive mode. --ignoreerrors In noninteractive mode, ignore errors. --ignored-files-action STRING Make files that are ignored due to subversion ignore patterns to be 'import'ed or 'skip'ed. -e | --auto-epoch Automatically increase version epoch if the new upstream version is not greater than the current. --debclean Run debclean before merging the new upstream source. Tarballs must be compressed with gzip or bzip2. SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/svn-buildpackage/() The svn-buildpackage HOWTO manual svn(1) Subversion command line client tool svn-buildpackage(1) build Debian packages from SVN repository AUTHORS
Eduard Bloch This manual page was written by Eduard Bloch in roff. Goneri Le Bouder Converted manpages to SGML. Neil Williams Converted manpages to DocBook XML and current Debian maintainer COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Eduard Bloch Release: 0.8.2 May 2009 SVN-UPGRADE(1)