Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Tricky situation getting IP address Post 302775625 by mohtashims on Tuesday 5th of March 2013 07:31:35 AM
Old 03-05-2013
CPU & Memory Tricky situation getting IP address

Hi,

I have a multihomed system HP-UX with two NIC cards having IP address 10.9.0.13 & 10.9.0.45

I have two weblogic servers running one listening on "10.9.0.13" and the other on "10.9.0.45"

Given a PID how is it possible to extract the IP Address that the weblogic server is using and store it in a bash variable "myh" ?

I am looking for a solution for HP-UX and then for all Linux and Unix systems so if you could share some solution for HP-UX and others as well.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Challenging situation for the MODERATORS

Well, I hope this way you will respond to my inquiries. I have 4 unix servers,with static ips (though i dont think this is an issue)....i can telnet and rlogin from one to the other....if i FTP from on et othe other and try to execute : cd /user return /user : no such file or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BAM
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

current situation

hello..what is the current situation or lastest version of UNIX?? Is there any where i can read more about it?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joanne6298
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed substitute situation

I am having a problem executing a sed substitute in a file. I have tried alot of different things I found in previous posts, however non seem to work. I want to substitute this in $FILE: VALUE=33.4 In the script I have tried the following: prev=$(awk -F"=" '{ print $2 }' $FILE ) new=$(echo... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbreed1
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed situation

Hi, I'm looking for someone who can think in sed. Basically, I need the trailing characters on every line in a file to be deleted. These characters are all in capitals, and always follow a number, but they often vary in number For instance, on the line: 2006_10_9_p20_TALK I'd want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laurel Maury
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Sort a file for given situation?

Hi All, How can you sort a file that is doubled space ( where even number lines are blank lines) and still preserves the blank lines? You can use grep,sed and regular expression. Thanks Vishal (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishalpatel03
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help : crisis situation !!

Hi I had deleted important files from my company server :( the server is HPUX and i don't know how to undo rm command or how to restore the files .. iam appreciate for any help Thanx ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eisa
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Questions regarding a PANIC situation

Hi, Last week, we experienced 2 KERNEL PANIC error on our SCO Unix 5.0.7 server within a 2 hour span. So I called our sofware support which is OGC using running on an Informix Database. Within 5 minutes I had as answer that the problem was an Hardware issue. Since the server is supported by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adamsville2k
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cat files situation

Hello, I am PhD student (Biomedical sciences) and very new to Linux. I need some help with the following task : I have files in the following format for their names : An_A1_nnn_R1.txt; An_A1_nnm_R1.txt; An_A1_nnoo_R1.txt An_A2_nnn_R1.txt; An_A2_nnm_R1.txt; An_A2_nno_R1.txt ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Julio Finalet
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tricky situation with process cpu usage - AIX

OS: AIX so we frequently receive a lot of cpu related alerts. all types of checks have been created to keep an eye on the cpu but a lot of these checks make too much noise as the CPU is always being seen as high. the system and application owners say there's no issue with the cpu. so now,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a situation while extracting info

i have a text file which i am generating from few sqls. format is like : col1 col2 col3 col4 col5 1001 DONE ABC 17-sep-14 12:02:05 1001 DONE ABC 17-sep-14 12:02:05 1001 DONE ABC 17-sep-14 12:02:55 1001 REDONE ABC ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakiniimt
6 Replies
NAME
cgi-fcgi - bridge from CGI to FastCGI SYNOPSIS
cgi-fcgi -f cmdPath cgi-fcgi -bind -connect connName cgi-fcgi -start -connect connName appPath [nServers] cgi-fcgi -connect connName appPath [nServers] DESCRIPTION
cgi-fcgi is a CGI/1.1 program that communicates with an already-running FastCGI application in order to respond to an HTTP request. cgi-fcgi is also capable of starting a FastC- GI
application. When you invoke cgi-fcgi as cgi-fcgi -f cmdPath then cgi-fcgi opens the file at cmdPath and reads its arguments from that file. cgi-fcgi will skip lines that begin with the comment character #. The first non-comment line should contain valid arguments in one of the other three forms. The -f form of cgi-fcgi is designed for Unix systems whose exec(2) family of system calls supports the execution of command interpreter files. For instance, if a file with execute permission contains the text #! /bin/cgi-fcgi -f -connect /httpd/root/sock/app /httpd/root/bin/app the effect is the same as executing /bin/cgi-fcgi -connect /httpd/root/sock/app /httpd/root/bin/app When you invoke cgi-fcgi as cgi-fcgi -bind -connect connName the connName argument is either the path name of a Unix do- main listening socket or a host:port pair. If connName contains a colon, it is assumed to be host:port. cgi-fcgi performs a connect(2) using connName. If the connect succeeds, cgi- fcgi forwards the CGI environment variables and stdin data to the FastCGI application, and forwards the stdout and stderr data from the application to cgi-fcgi's stdout (most likely connected to a Web server). When the FastCGI application signals the end of its response, cgi-fcgi flushes its buffers and exits, and the Web server completes the http response. When you invoke cgi-fcgi as cgi-fcgi -start -connect connName appPath [nServers] then cgi-fcgi performs the function of starting one or more FastCGI application processes. The connName argument speci- fies either the path name of the Unix domain listening socket that cgi-fcgi will create, or is "localhost:NNN" where NNN is the port number of the TCP/IP listening socket that cgi-fcgi will create on the local machine. (cgi-fcgi will not create processes on remote machines.) After cgi-fcgi creates the listening socket, it forks nServers copies of a process running the executable file appPath. If nServers is omitted, the effect is as if the value ";1" had been specified. The processes share the single listen- ing socket. When you invoke cgi-fcgi as cgi-fcgi -connect connName appPath [nServers] cgi-fcgi performs -bind and then, if necssary, performs -start and repeats the -bind. That is, cgi-fcgi first operates as if the command had been cgi-fcgi -bind -connect connName If the connect fails, cgi-fcgi tries cgi-fcgi -start -connect connName appPath [nServers] and finally retries cgi-fcgi -bind -connect connName In this form, cgi-fcgi does not support TCP/IP connections. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The usual CGI ones, but they are not interpreted by cgi-fc- gi. SEE ALSO
FGCI_accept(3) BUGS
cgi-fcgi doesn't generate useful HTTP responses in case of error, and it generates no response at all when run as start-fcgi. On Digital UNIX 3.0 systems the implementation of Unix Do- main sockets does not work when such sockets are stored on NFS file systems. Symptom: cgi-fcgi may core dump or may exit with status 38. Work-around: store sockets in local file systems (/tmp often works) or use TCP/IP. On AIX systems the implementation of listening sockets does not support socket sharing, and the standard FastCGI application libraries can't synchronize access to AIX lis- tening sockets. Work-around: Don't use the nServers argument on AIX. HISTORY
Copyright (c) 1996 Open Market, Inc. See the file "LICENSE.TERMS" for information on usage and redistribution of this file, and for a DISCLAIMER OF ALL WARRANTIES. $Id: cgi-fcgi.1,v 1.1.1.1 1997/09/16 15:36:26 stanleyg Exp $