Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regex to split a string and write the output in another file. Post 302775483 by Rashid Khan on Tuesday 5th of March 2013 01:28:05 AM
Old 03-05-2013
Regex to split a string and write the output in another file.

hi,
i am trying to write a script to generate ouput in the following format:

Code:
##### buildappi    abcd_sh    nodebug.#####
##### buildappi    ijk_sh       nodebug.#####

The given string is as follows:

Code:
xtopSharedDLLs = "abcd_sh def_sh ijk_sh " \
                       + "jkl_sh any_sh anyvaria_sh appintf_sh 
jhjkfhk_sh jkdfljklljl_sh " \
                       + "klskdfkkl_sh jsldsdfj_sh hjksdfhuio_sh dimutils_sh 
imdnkhf_sh ouasidfjash_sh kjdfklj_sh hkasdfhuasfih_sh " \
                       + "klanhsdfklahslkf_sh hjasdfjkah_sh ";

The logic behind is that i tried to reach at xtopSharedDllls first and split the values in Tokens and write the output in another file in the format mentioned above.

however I am looking for some help to generate any proper script for that.

please assist me as i am a beginner in perl script.

I have tried to generate the following code.
Please let me know my mistakes and solutions for the same.

Code:
#! /usr/bin/perl -w
#

#use strict;
#use warnings;
#
#

$filename= "xtop_env.txt";

$my_outfile = "output.txt";

open (HANDLE,"<$filename");

open (OUTPUT, ">$my_outfile"); 

while(<HANDLE>)
	{

if ($_ =~ m/$xtopSharedDLLs/)
			    @mytoken = split($_);
				for each $mytoken(@mytoken)
				 {
					if ($mytoken =~ m/\=\"\\/)
					next;
					print "OUTPUT @mytoken\n";
				 }
				last if(/;/);
				close OUTPUT;

}

close HANDLE;

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 03-05-2013 at 03:19 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

split a file at a specified string

to find log files modification, i want to select all the lines of a file behind a string (found by grep ?). :rolleyes: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpl35
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

output to write in a file

hi all, when i try to start an applicationserver for an example: ./kStart.sh > out.txt so kStart.sh script will start the application server and write the details to out.txt but in mycase... it is writing to out.txt and as well it is showing in the prompt also... I want only the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get split output of a file, using perl script

Hi, I have file: data.log.1 ### s1 main.build.3495 main.build.199 main.build.3408 ###s2 main.build.3495 main.build.3408 main.build.199 I want to read this file and store in two arrays in Perl. I have following command, which is working fine on command prompt. perl -n -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashvini
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP read large string & split in multidimensional arrays & assign fieldnames & write into MYSQL

Hi, I hope the title does not scare people to look into this thread but it describes roughly what I'm trying to do. I need a solution in PHP. I'm a programming beginner, so it might be that the approach to solve this, might be easier to solve with an other approach of someone else, so if you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

split input data file and put into same output file

Hi All, I have two input file and need to generate a CSV file. The existing report just "GREP" the records with the Header and Tailer records with the count of records. Now i need to split the data into 25 records each in the same CSV file. id_file (Input file ) 227050994 232510151... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rasmith
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep exact string from files and write to filename when string present in file

I am attempting to grep an exact string from a series of files within a directory and append that output to the filename when it is present in the file. I've been after this all day with no luck. Thanks for your help in advance :wall:. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JC_1
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oneliner ---split string to character by piping shell output to perl

Hello, I was trying to split a string to characters by perl oneliner. echo "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" | perl -e 'split // ' But did not work as with bash script pipe: echo "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" | fold -w1 | sort | uniq -ic 8 1 T 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Split File based on String?

hi , The scenario is like this, i have a large text files (max 5MB , about 5000 file per day ), Inside almost each line of this file there is a tag 3100.2.22.1 (represent Call_Type) , i need to generate many filess , each one with distinct (3100.2.22.1 Call_Type ) , and one more file to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: OTNA
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a file with delimited string?

I have a unix file text.txt with below content aaaaa bbbbbbb cccccccccc As of 2013 ddddddddd eeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee fffffffff As of 2014 gggggggggggg hhhhhhhhh iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii As of 2016 Now I've to split this file with each file ending with line 'As of' . Please suggest how can I do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Steven77
6 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)